Has anyone else ever had the last visited time wrong?

ontheweb

It reads I last visited at 4:49 AM this morning. Well that is definitely wrong. I was not awake then, I last visited this site sometime yesterday afternoon. This of course affects the last read functionality.

This never happened to me before. Has anyone else had this happen to them? And this could not have been someone else on our computer since my DW does not visit this site.

It reads I last visited at 4:49 AM this morning. Well that is definitely wrong. I was not awake then, I last visited this site sometime yesterday afternoon. This of course affects the last read functionality.

This never happened to me before. Has anyone else had this happen to them? And this could not have been someone else on our computer since my DW does not visit this site.

And to add to the confusion, now that I have posted this, it reads it was posted at 6:20 AM. But it is an hour later than that.

And to add to the confusion, now that I have posted this, it reads it was posted at 6:20 AM. But it is an hour later than that.

Showing you posted above at 12.24.pm. Bear in mind I'm in the uk

Not sure a day or two before a cruise gets you the best deals. Within the industry and "last minute" booking refers to just about any booking made inside of the final payment period (after the date when final payments must be made by all bookers). For many lines this is about 45-60 days before the cruise. We have often found the best deals to be in the 10 day to 30 day prior period. Keep in mind that cruise lines have other ways to unload cabins the last few days....rather then have a fire sale. For example, many last minute great deals are made available through the "interline" system (this is for airline, travel industry, and even cruise line personnel). And then there are those employees who work at the ports (like the folks who check you in) who can often get near free cruises at the very last minute. In our own experience, most of the folks we have met on cruises that booked within a few days of a cruise were airline employees. They snag those great interline rates and can fly for free (standby) to get to the port.

Hank

Ok...I gotta ask. Are you trying to set up an alibi? Other than that, I cannot think of a reason it matters a whole heck of a lot.

But that's just me...

"This of course affects the last read functionality.:"

Have you checked under your USER CP under options to see if your time selection is the right zone ?

Also be sure the DST is checked if you change time for that

OP here. I see the time is still one hour off. I went tp my user control panel, and do not see where to put in the time zone. Up until this morning, I never noticed the time as being an hour off.

I do think I may have figured out what happened. At 4:49, I was definitely asleep. At 5:49, I think I had just gone on line. Although I did not go to these boards then, I may have accidentally clicked on them on my most used sites before clicking on something else. That seems to be the only thing that would make sense,

OP here. I see the time is still one hour off. I went tp my user control panel, and do not see where to put in the time zone. Up until this morning, I never noticed the time as being an hour off.

beside your user I.D top right

in the menu EDIT OPTIONS

scroll down the page to DATE & TIME OPTIONS>

TIME ZONE in the pull down menu choose your zone

then under

DST CORRECTION OPTION

if you are on DST choose DST ALWAYS ON ..you will need to change this option in the fall

Scroll to the bottom & click SAVE CHANGES

Not sure a day or two before a cruise gets you the best deals. Within the industry and "last minute" booking refers to just about any booking made inside of the final payment period (after the date when final payments must be made by all bookers). For many lines this is about 45-60 days before the cruise. We have often found the best deals to be in the 10 day to 30 day prior period. Keep in mind that cruise lines have other ways to unload cabins the last few days....rather then have a fire sale. For example, many last minute great deals are made available through the "interline" system (this is for airline, travel industry, and even cruise line personnel). And then there are those employees who work at the ports (like the folks who check you in) who can often get near free cruises at the very last minute. In our own experience, most of the folks we have met on cruises that booked within a few days of a cruise were airline employees. They snag those great interline rates and can fly for free (standby) to get to the port.

Hank

Hank, I think you posted this in the wrong thread. ?? :confused:

The time is posted in Greenwich Median Time (I think that's what it's called, anyway)....not in YOUR timezone's time!

As clearly stated in the posts before yours, the time zone can be changed in User CP. Mine is now set to Central time zone, which is MY time zone.

Have you checked under your USER CP under options to see if your time selection is the right zone ?

Also be sure the DST is checked if you change time for that

I just checked and it has Eastern Time zone and DST on. Both of these are correct, but it is still an hour off.

Showing you posted above at 12.24.pm. Bear in mind I'm in the uk

Strange, because I, too am in the UK, and the OP's posts are showing as 11am and 11.24 am on my computer. I'll just check what time appears when I press my button! :D:D

Edit- yes, mine's showing GMT times, so I'm an hour behind BST... but hardly worried...

Edited by jocap
time check

Hank

Good information but not even remotely related to the subject of this thread. As mentioned by another, perhaps you posted on the wrong thread.