Printing RCL documents

ukdeblarz

Hi RCL travelers,

Could you please help me with printing my docs? This is my first time with RCL.

I've got all my passport info and credit card info and all waivers signed in there. It says Ready to Print.

But for how I want to receive my info, it doesn't have my email listed and doesn't let me edit to put one into the email address spot below:

s.gif

• Guest Vacation Documents

How would you like to receive your Guest Vacation Documents? LEARN MORE

• Electronically
  • *E-mail Address:

Notification will be sent to the e-mail shown here. If you enter another e-mail address, it wil also change the e-mail address associated with your reservation

QUESTION: When I hit Print Docs, will it just go to my printer or will it first send to an email then I have to print from email?

I am guessing I have to go through my travel agent to have my email entered if it goes to email.

I do have my email in my profile and in my passenger information section.

Thoughts? Thanks so much for any advice.

Hi RCL travelers,

Could you please help me with printing my docs? This is my first time with RCL.

I've got all my passport info and credit card info and all waivers signed in there. It says Ready to Print.

But for how I want to receive my info, it doesn't have my email listed and doesn't let me edit to put one into the email address spot below:

s.gif

• Guest Vacation Documents

How would you like to receive your Guest Vacation Documents? LEARN MORE

• Electronically
  • *E-mail Address:

Notification will be sent to the e-mail shown here. If you enter another e-mail address, it wil also change the e-mail address associated with your reservation

QUESTION: When I hit Print Docs, will it just go to my printer or will it first send to an email then I have to print from email?

I am guessing I have to go through my travel agent to have my email entered if it goes to email.

I do have my email in my profile and in my passenger information section.

Thoughts? Thanks so much for any advice.

just print your set sail pass. The documents can just be read on line. Should say view documents somewhere.

You don't really have to print your documents, unless you really want to. There are

over 20 pages. All you need to board the ship is your passport, your set sail pass,

and your credit card (unless paying your on board account with cash).

The only thing I print from my docs is my luggage tags, though if all else fails,

the porters at the ship will make up tags for you.

I would ask your TA to print your docs if you really think you need them. Let your

TA use up their ink cartridge and paper. ;)

One other thing to keep in mind is that you can use the ship's computers free

access to their website to check your docs that way too if you need to while on

the ship.

Edited by island lady

In almost 30 cruises I have never printed nor read the docs. I print page 1 which is the Set Sail Pass and page 3 which is the luggage tag. I bought the plastic jackets I read about here on CC and print the luggage tag on Card Stock which makes tag easier to insert into plastic jacket. I always double tag my checked luggage in the event one tag gets lost between drop off and cabin, thus I print 2 tage for me and 2 tags for DH.

Hope we all have been of help to you. Happy Sails

Thanks everyone - I'll not worry about the 20 pages just the boarding pass then.

I got the Set Sail boarding pass to print fine. Yippee!

No luggage tags though. I couldn't see them anywhere.

Are luggage tags only available 30 or 45 days out? I am at 56 days out right now.

Should I go back in closer to the sailing date?

Thanks again - I really do appreciate it.

Thanks everyone - I'll not worry about the 20 pages just the boarding pass then.

Are luggage tags only available 30 or 45 days out? I am at 56 days out right now.

Go back to the page on the website where you printed your set sail pass. There

should be a button to click on for luggage tags. If not, you will find them in the

docs section towards the last page. Those are the big color tags that I prefer,

but have also used the little black and white sample tags from page three of your

set sail pass.

Once again, if you still can't find or print the tags, the porters will hand print them

up for you when you drop your luggage at the ship. Just show them your set sail pass.

Happy cruising. :)

Edited by island lady

Luggage tags become available 49 days or less from the cruise date. If you are in a Group Booking with your TA that can be closer to the cruise date.

Edited by Scotty G

The luggage tags will be available closer to your sail date in your cruise documents.

I'm new to all of this as well. I printed 2 sets of documents. You should be able to access them by logging into RCI irrespective of if you get an email or not.

When I log into RCI and click on my reservation no. 1234... on the right of the screen are 2 tabs. One says "Online check in" which I completed several weeks ago and was shortly thereafter able to print my set sail pass documents. This set of documents was 3 pages.

The other tabs says "Cruise Documentation" which for a long time said not yet issued. I sent an email to RCI since I read here of people getting access to those doc.s at 49 days & mine weren't issued yet. RCI's response was that the cruise documentation is usually issued at 45 days, but since I had Air2Sea my documents might take longer. They showed up on the website 36 days before my sail date and I printed them out by clicking on the print tab on the screen. This set was 20 pages and titled "Guest Ticket Booklet," the last page was the luggage tags.

If you have transfer or hotel vouchers, you'll need to print them. I also check to make sure all my dining/shore excursion reservations are there.

Absolutely! Guess I am just too used to driving to the port. ;)

Edited by island lady

In almost 30 cruises I have never printed nor read the docs.

I don't know you, so I don't know if you are the type to say "Well, I didn't know...." but there is a good bit of information in the documents. I seldom print the entire thing but I do usually at least save and skim through the documents. There is information in there about the terminal you will leave from, directions to the terminal and other somewhat useful information. The last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral, my husband was told one terminal and I told him that the cruise documents said a different one. Ends up the documents had the correct terminal. If you have never cruised out of a particular port before, you may want to skim through the documents at least and maybe make some notes.

I have noticed that a lot of people who "complain" on CC get told "Well, it was in your documents." If no-one is reading the documents, then it's no wonder why we have so many complainers. I am not saying you, Snit 13, are one of those.

Like someone else said, get your travel agent to print them. Or if you have a PDF app on your phone, iPad, tablet- etc- just screen shot them and save them to Dropbox or a similar app.

DO print the SeaPass though. That's essential.

I don't know you, so I don't know if you are the type to say "Well, I didn't know...." but there is a good bit of information in the documents. I seldom print the entire thing but I do usually at least save and skim through the documents.

I have noticed that a lot of people who "complain" on CC get told "Well, it was in your documents." If no-one is reading the documents, then it's no wonder why we have so many complainers. I am not saying you, Snit 13, are one of those.

QUOTE]

Thanks for your concern. I am not one to complain on the CC boards about things over which I have control. I do not use a travel agent as I/we have extensive travel experience from when DH was in aviation management and we flew to our destinations and had to make all of our own arrangements. I book thru Certified Vacation Planner at Royal/Celebrity and control my/our destiny. I do a lot of research prior to any travel land or sea.

Maybe folks who have limited travel experience might need to print the 20+ pages of docs. Again, thanks for your advice and advice.

FYI Our luggage tags for next week on Freedom were not available until 45 days out for us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Small word of advice.

Don't say "Yippee!"....

That was uncalled for. OP was looking for advice on specific question and is new to CC, which

she/he received and appreciated. Leave it at that.

OP...ignore the critics. There are many more others on this forum that are

happy to offer help. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Edited by island lady