Birthday CC $50 OBC

PoppyandNana

We booked a cruise two weeks ago while aboard the Constellation. Received the $250 OBC/deposit special as well as two of the 123 Go perks. Heard about the $50 B'day credit. Mine was yesterday, 7/7. TA tells me the $250 thing and the $50 thing are not combinable

Anyone have more specific info on this?

If you read the fine print it states that the birthday OBC is combinable with only ONE other promotion. If you received a $250 OBC plus two of the 123 Go perks you are doing great. The additional $50.00 would not apply to your reservation.

• 2 years later...
I also never heard of birthday OBC. We are on a TA on the 21st and DH will have a birthday while we are on the ship. Is this something new?

I never heard about it until last week and heard talk about it while on a

Royal Caribbean cruise .

The original post was from 2014

We booked a trip to Bermuda during the July 1st to July 4th promo. We received a drink package and $150 each on board credit. A few weeks later I received a birthday promo letter. I called Celebrity and they added it to our recent booking - no problems. The moral is that it never hurts to ask. Also dealing directly with Celebrity and not through a TA is very helpful because you can talk to an agent any time. Good luck.

Fine Print

*Birthday Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to 4-night or longer cruises or cruisetours for oceanview and above staterooms. OBC is $50 per stateoom . Cruise must be booked within sixty days of receiving Offer ("Offer Period"). One Offer per stateroom.

To redeem Offer, call 1-888-305-9153, visit http://www.celebrity.com and enter promo code BDAYOBC, or contact your travel professional.

Single occupancy bookings are eligible for Offer. Offer on cruisetours is based on the number of sail nights. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc.

©2016 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships' registry: Malta and Ecuador.

With all of the restrictions, and the fact that the offer is hit or miss, I think the birthday on board credit offer generates more bad will than good. If Celebrity really wanted to give you an incentive because of your BD it would not be restricted. I mean, REALLY, what does it cost Celebrity? We only received the offer once or twice & have 14 sailings with Celebrity. When we tried to add it, it was a no go.

I just got a happy birthday email from Celebrity with no offer at all, and we sail on Sunday :P

Would have been nice if they had just put $50 OBC on our account- that is the kind of thing that would have been appreciated and how much would it really have cost them?

With all of the restrictions, and the fact that the offer is hit or miss, I think the birthday on board credit offer generates more bad will than good. If Celebrity really wanted to give you an incentive because of your BD it would not be restricted.....
You are so right. We have not yet even once been able to use any of them because of all the strings attached.

For us, they have always just been a disappointing waste of time whenever we attempted to use one.

How nice it would be to receive a true birthday gift from Celebrity, for even half the amount, that we could use on a birthday cruise without any restrictions.

A birthday gift is supposed to be something that is given to you for your birthday with no strings attached, not something that you receive "only if" or in place of something else.

They also restrict the back-to-back discounts the same way.

If they are going to offer discounts for back-to-back cruises, then they should be given for back-to-back cruises, not denied because you are getting some other perk that has nothing to do with cruising back-to-back.

Edited by varoo

We booked a trip to Bermuda during the July 1st to July 4th promo. We received a drink package and $150 each on board credit. A few weeks later I received a birthday promo letter. I called Celebrity and they added it to our recent booking - no problems. The moral is that it never hurts to ask. Also dealing directly with Celebrity and not through a TA is very helpful because you can talk to an agent any time. Good luck.

After reading your post I decided to call Celebrity (emailed the first time) to see why someone on CC could get it applied to an already booked cruise and I could not. She said the "powers that be" after a couple of days told them they could not apply to already booked cruises anymore but leave it with her and she would call me back.

She called back and she couldn't get them to budge on the birthday, but she was able to get all 3 couples a $31 reduction in their rate.

I have been lucky ... I had it applied to a booking after final payment date last April. It was a group booking so wasn't sure if they would add it but they did. Sounds like they have gotten sticky about it lately. Not sure ... worth a try, though. :confused:

Also has to be booked on a new booking as we have a cruise booked in April and I could not apply it to that. Celebrity told me it had to be a new booking.

DH and I received the birthday offers sometime toward the end of July for our August birthdays. I called and was able to get the $100 OBC applied to our October cruise that we just returned from. The OBC was in place and we happily spent it. :D

Well I cruise Solo, I have a cruise coming up in December, with a birthday next month. I don't expect anything, because I always go solo. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] they really don't do many things for us. We "cost" them money, because "We don't spend". However, I am hopeful hopeful this will change on my next cruise.

It's a great cruiseline, and I did like my last cruise. Great people(well most anyway"). But who knows they make liars out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk