yogurt brand on celebrity summit

philpcruiser

Does anyone know which brand of yogurt is served on the summit? Flavor? My dd6 has food allergies and we'd appreciate if someone could let us know what brand is available. Thanks in advance.

I remember it being some non discript brand on the Eclipse. Rather chalky consistancy. Pretty poor overall & I really love Yougurt. Now if they served Liberte' brand on board hmmmmm! Sorry not the lowfat type,either.

Does anyone know which brand of yogurt is served on the summit? Flavor? My dd6 has food allergies and we'd appreciate if someone could let us know what brand is available. Thanks in advance.

It depends. All perishable dairy can sometimes be a brand local to the area you're cruising in. Food allergies and intolerances are tricky and it really helps to tell them in detail before the cruise and then remind them after you board the ship. You can also ask to speak to the dining room manager and/or someone on his level from the kitchen.

Seems to me they have had (on Equinox and Eclipse) a couple brands over the past few years. I love to grab a vanilla yogurt and some fresh berries (sometimes have to ask when I'm in the buffet because I don't like the muddled ones) and some granola and call it breakfast. I haven't been able to get vanilla yogurt in several years:( They always seem to have a lot of berry flavors and plain.

Have never seen any lactose free yogurt on board. Brands of yogurt vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. What you might be served in one cruise won't necessarily show up on another cruise. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until you are on board to see what they will have for you.

Brands of yogurt vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. What you might be served in one cruise won't necessarily show up on another cruise. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until you are on board to see what they will have for you.

I usually eat a fair amount of yogurt when on a cruise and this has been my experience as well.... that you can NOT predict what brands or flavors will be available on any given ship or itinerary. Things that may be available early in the cruise may not be available later or may switch brands mid-cruise.

Thanks, all. Seems there is no way of knowing what type will be available on a particular ship or cruise. Will err on the side of caution and bring our own.

I don't believe that this is a type of food stuff that you will be permitted to bring onto your cruise. Where would you store it? Even if you are permitted to bring this on the cruise, the room minibar refrigerators don't get nearly cold enough to keep this from spoiling.

This is pure speculation but since the Summit is sailing out of Bayonne weekly, you probably have a good chance of commonly available US brands. I'll be on her in a couple of weeks and will try to remember to check for you.

This is pure speculation but since the Summit is sailing out of Bayonne weekly, you probably have a good chance of commonly available US brands. I'll be on her in a couple of weeks and will try to remember to check for you.

I board Summit on Sunday and I will try to remember on Monday to see what type of yogurt they have. No guarantees it will be the same when OP sails as brands do change.

Edited by CruisingChick

To 2theship and cruising chick: We would greatly appreciate if you could report the type of yogurt and flavors available, and possibly ask if they anticipate having the same all summer (we cruise in August)

To Queen of Qakville and vulcan1971: Our DD6 has food allergies. Home, her list of liked food is quite small. Away from home, the list of meals we dare to feed her is limited. Thus the problem. Yogurt may be her main lunch 3 or 4 times that week. We will have an adequate fridge on the ship.

Yes but the fridges in the cabin are not that cold. I certainly would not entrust a week's worth of dairy to be stored in the cabin fridge.

I would contact Celebrity and ask they ensure the right brands/flavours are available and if they can't then ask for them to store the yogurt for you. I can't see them doing the latter (my guess is there would rules on storing food they did not procure).

What will you do if the yogurt you bring spoils because it has not been kept at the proper temperature? best to contact celebrity and sort it out in advance.

As several posters have commented, the fridge in your cabin is not really a refrigerator. It is a cooler at best. Some work better than others. Sometimes it has never even gotten the wine I put in it cold enough to drink so I've had to request an ice bucket. I really don't think you would want a week's supply of yogurt stored in it.