Diamond finally!

My husband and I finally made Diamond with our last cruise. I'm confused as to exactly what this means for us as far as discounts (if any). If you book suites/balconies apparently there are big discounts there. I keep hearing about all the perks but doesn't look like there are really very many to me. What am I missing? :confused:

On the other hand, we find the benefits to be quite generous. We take advantage of the balcony discount of $225 and really enjoy the Diamond Club in the evening for cocktails. We also use the internet coupon and the free photo coupon. Probably a few others as well but those are the ones that stand out.

In my opinion the biggest perk is the diamond lounge, but only if you drink. Well that is not entirely true. It is a great place to meet new people. Of course the balcony discounts are nice as well. Welcome and enjoy.

Go to the Crown and Anchor member section of the RC website, where there is a chart of benefits. Also, you will now have Elite status on Celebrity, which also carries some very good benefits.

The Diamond perks on RC/Celebrity far surpass the loyalty perks at a comparable tier on any other mainstream cruise line.

Welcome to the club. We are looking forward to our first cruise as Diamond in September. Besides the balcony discount and the Diamond Lounge on most of the ships there are other perks and hopefully someone will post the list shortly. :)

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Edited by clarea

Go to the Crown and Anchor member section of the RC website, where there is a chart of benefits. Also, you will now have Elite status on Celebrity, which also carries some very good benefits.

The Diamond perks on RC/Celebrity far surpass the loyalty perks at a comparable tier on any other mainstream cruise line.[/Q

I find the Elite perks on Princess much better than the free drinks on RC.

Congratulations. We also love the diamond club, internet coupons and the free photos. (I always hate the photos but DH loves them. So 2 free photos is good!). And once I actually won a tee shirt using the free spin. The Diamond club is also good for lattes, macchiatos, etc. 24/7.

Welcome to the club. We are looking forward to our first cruise as Diamond in September. Besides the balcony discount and the Diamond Lounge on most of the ships there are other perks and hopefully someone will post the list shortly. :)

I've got to wait till 2016 :( Unless I talk the LA into moving up my status after 1 day on Freedom next year, but I won't hold my breath. I wonder if on the day that I visit the LA to book my 2016 cruise if she will give me the Emerald Balcony discount and then make me call in when I get home to get the Diamond discount? Of course I haven't decided on a 2016 cruise yet.

In my opinion the biggest perk is the diamond lounge, but only if you drink. Well that is not entirely true. It is a great place to meet new people. Of course the balcony discounts are nice as well. Welcome and enjoy.

You can order soft drinks. On nights that I just didn't feel like enjoying a martini with family and friends I would order a Diet Sprite.

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Can these be combined with BOGOHO discounts or is it one or the other???

My favorites: Balcony discount, nightly complimentary drinks, priority boarding, free 30 wifi minutes/per person.

Its 1 hr free internet for Diamond

Or $29.95 off of a package

we used every minute of it 2 weeks ago:D

Edited by jonbgd

Its 1 hr free internet for Diamond

Or $29.95 off of a package

we used every minute of it 2 weeks ago:D

Unless it has changed it was 30 minutes of free internet per person on my last cruise. So yeah if both people in the stateroom are diamond it would be 60 total free minutes.

My favorite benefit is the free 8 x 10 photo (per member) and the nightly cocktails. On big ships like Oasis/Allure the balcony discount can mean a balcony cabin for about the same cost as an interior. Wife likes the internet minutes.

We made Diamond on our last Cruise ( Hawaii) coming from Sydney, Australia, only problem, we had already booked our next cruise as a Platinum level, so doubt we can get anymore discounts off our booking. We are booked with a TA we have used for years.

Edited by Desert Cruizers