Noro on the Harmony?

Case1096

We just got off the Harmony on Saturday. I came down with Noro symptoms on Sunday. Dr. said I likely got it from traveling which would narrow things down to either the Harmony or American Airlines. Since they cannot isolate the source, just be careful if you are on an upcoming sailing. I am not trying to start any alarms, just want everyone to be safe. If you see guests or crew not washing their hands in public facilities make sure to let an officer know. I did witness a crew member not wash their hands after using the bathroom, but could not get their name before they tucked into a crew area.

We just got off the Harmony on Saturday. I came down with Noro symptoms on Sunday. Dr. said I likely got it from traveling....

If you see guests or crew not washing their hands in public facilities make sure to let an officer know. I did witness a crew member not wash their hands after using the bathroom, but could not get their name before they tucked into a crew area.

You got it because you touched something then put your hands to your mouth without washing your hands.

If WE refrain from doing that then we don't have to worry about what other people are doing. Simple. I'm not going to run around telling on people when I can control what goes in my mouth. If I get it, ultimately I was to blame.

You got it because you touched something then put your hands to your mouth without washing your hands.

If WE refrain from doing that then we don't have to worry about what other people are doing. Simple. I'm not going to run around telling on people when I can control what goes in my mouth. If I get it, ultimately I was to blame.

And if the person in front of me at the Windjammer did not wash their hands, touched the tongs to contaminate them it is my fault?

With well over 5000 pax and staff on board, clearly some people are sick and do not wash hands, my DH tells me that many men in the public rest rooms do not wash their hands- ugh. My husband got noro on a Disney cruise once- spoiled much of our vacation for sure! Best to wash frequently and try to use hand sanitizer when no soap and water available. And you have to be lucky!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Who's fault doesn't matter, the poor OP has it. Hopefully no one else in their house does. Thankfully the Dr just blamed it on travel in general, as most just blame the ship. Right now there is a school in Toronto with an outbreak of Noro like symptoms. Not fun either be it Cruise, flight, school etc

I've had it while being at home and I've nic-named it Mass Evacuation, for good reason. :eek:

I was under the impression there are some incidences of noro on pretty much every cruise, particularly on a ship that carries as may passengers as Harmony. It's only noteworthy/newsworthy when the numbers get high on a particular cruise. Am I mistaken?

Noro is pretty common.

We just got off the Harmony on Saturday. I came down with Noro symptoms on Sunday. Dr. said I likely got it from traveling which would narrow things down to either the Harmony or American Airlines. Since they cannot isolate the source, just be careful if you are on an upcoming sailing. I am not trying to start any alarms, just want everyone to be safe. If you see guests or crew not washing their hands in public facilities make sure to let an officer know. I did witness a crew member not wash their hands after using the bathroom, but could not get their name before they tucked into a crew area.
That's all I will say!...K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

8 of us on the same Thanksgiving HOS sailing. Packed boat, heard 1600+kids. 4 drove and 4 flew and no sickness reports. The "Wash your Hands" carton video along with the hand wash stations are new since my Allure sailing in '14.

Been on several Thanksgiving cruises, not sure if I will book again. Cruising when US schools are in session are much nicer.

CEH

I'm on Adventure right now, waiting to disembark. The other day in the Windjammer there was an old lady that sneezed all over & didn't even try to cover it. Not on the food but while walking around. I ran into a pole trying to get away from her! [emoji37] There are some things you just can't avoid. That's the second time an old lady has sneezed on me in the Windjammer, no joke [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who's fault doesn't matter, the poor OP has it. Hopefully no one else in their house does. Thankfully the Dr just blamed it on travel in general, as most just blame the ship. Right now there is a school in Toronto with an outbreak of Noro like symptoms. Not fun either be it Cruise, flight, school etc

I've had it while being at home and I've nic-named it Mass Evacuation, for good reason. :eek:

Both my kids had it from school over past two weeks...as you say. Spreads like crazy. Sorry OP had it...really sucks when it's in vacation.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk