ms Zuiderdam in Cape Canaveral, October 18, 2016

Boytjie

Thanks for the reminder, Peter. I haven't watched a sail-away from that dock so I wonder how much we will be able to see.

We will have to do a 180, because right now we are facing the wrong way. Sunset is at 6:49 - so not sure how good the viewing will be.

Have not seen Copper at all. :(

We had a change of captains at Portland ME. His three months were more than up and having seniority over the embarking captain, chose to disembark there - he also lives in Maine now.

Sadly, I have another commitment tonight and can't watch. I watched the Aida Luna last night from the same position and I hope things work better than they did then. The Zuiderdam will have to turn around in a big turning basin. Last night the camera did not follow the Luna and there was precious little to see. May it be better tonight.

Roy

We will have to do a 180, because right now we are facing the wrong way. Sunset is at 6:49 - so not sure how good the viewing will be.

Have not seen Copper at all. :(

We had a change of captains at Portland ME. His three months were more than up and having seniority over the embarking captain, chose to disembark there - he also lives in Maine now.

Hope you are enjoying the cruise and I hope to be here for sailaway, but it's a tricky time with the kids.

It is a bit unusual for a HAL ship to be there. Charleston, SC, is a nicer port, for me, but there is not much room there and the Veendam may have been there. I think the Eurodam may have stopped there on this itinerary recently. Good thing that Matthew was out of the way before the winter migration from the north began.

It is a bit unusual for a HAL ship to be there. Charleston, SC, is a nicer port, for me, but there is not much room there and the Veendam may have been there. I think the Eurodam may have stopped there on this itinerary recently. Good thing that Matthew was out of the way before the winter migration from the north began.

Veendam was in New York yesterday, Charleston tomorrow. I think both Charleston and Canaveral are great ports, history in Charleston and Space Center in Canaveral.

Roy

On Live Ship Map ..... Did anyone else watch the Zuiderdam coming toward Pt Canaveral last night? The track had it moving toward Florida but the blue "boat" was pointed in the opposite direction.:confused:

I've used the program hundreds of times but never had that happen before. :)

She has started smoking. She won't have to go very fast to get to FLL by tomorrow morning.:D

Power failure about 10 minutes ago, so we may not be leaving on time. Captain and Staff Captain were in the Lido eating dinner when the alarms went off.