Price drop alert!

panoramaofthepast

• 2 weeks later...
What a great price drop. I'm surprised to see such a good price drop this far out.

We are booked on the Carib Princess for a Norway Fjord cruise next June and got a price drop of $1700.00 pp that's $3400.00 total for our June 2015 about 2 weeks ago. In addition we got the 3 for free offer.:D We are as happy as can be!!!

We are booked on the Carib Princess for a Norway Fjord cruise next June and got a price drop of $1700.00 pp that's $3400.00 total for our June 2015 about 2 weeks ago. In addition we got the 3 for free offer.:D We are as happy as can be!!!

We did that last summer. BEAUTIFUL!

Looks like no price drops for us - the price for our 42 night cruise in April 2015 has actually gone up now - anyway at least at this point I know I did the right thing booking at time of the launch. (I think).

Prices don't drop as often on these longer cruises. They may have a targeted sale but they usually aren't included in the big promotional sales.

Prices also dropped today on the Regal, 1/11/2015 (#G503). I already posted on the roll call board.

hmmm The rate posted today is still more than a 100 pp than we paid. Must be certain categories. Altho I do know we got a great TA price at booking.

Prices also dropped today on the Regal, 1/11/2015 (#G503). I already posted on the roll call board.

OOOOHH, hope they'll do that for our sailing on 2/15.

How do you find out about these price drops? I get emails from Princess, but I haven't seen this one, so I'm wondering how I'd even know if there's a price drop on our cruise. I don't go checking the prices every day.

How do you find out about these price drops? I get emails from Princess, but I haven't seen this one, so I'm wondering how I'd even know if there's a price drop on our cruise. I don't go checking the prices every day.

You really need to check online to catch all of the drops. How often is up to you. Make sure you look at your specific category.

I check Princess but also use a online company that sends me alerts when prices change.You pay $1 per category/cruise but obviously save thousands.:D

I got a card in the mail from Princess stating there is a sale starting Oct. 3 with prepaid gratuities and shipboard credits. I looked online but this is not showing yet. I'll wait until Oct. 3 to see if there are any better deals for our Jan.18 Emerald sailing.

We just got a sweet deal on Crown Princess for next July - $600 price drop, plus OBC and spending money for an excursion. Thanks, Princess!

We booked our 1st cruise ever for November. I see the prices have dropped, but we have not been notified of credits or a change in our price.

The question would be do you have to be Elite or Platinum members to receive the price drop, or is it because you possibly booked thru a travel Agent? We booked thru Princess on-line.

Thanks.

John

NO, you do not need to be elite or platinum to get price reductions. If you booked through a TA, call them and ask for the price adjustment. If you booked through Princess, call Princess. They will graciously give you a price adjustment unless you're after final payment date and then they still may do something for you but that's more difficult to achieve. They will not automatically give you the price reduction. You have to call and request it.

I got a card in the mail from Princess stating there is a sale starting Oct. 3 with prepaid gratuities and shipboard credits. I looked online but this is not showing yet. I'll wait until Oct. 3 to see if there are any better deals for our Jan.18 Emerald sailing.

I'll be eyeballing my booked cruises on Oct 3 and hope some savings are passed on.Thanks for the heads up :)

Thanks for the heads up. I've got two Princess cruises booked and would certainly appreciate any drops.

Be sure and check back in and let us know when you see the drops.

Good to know. Although the price of the cabin I put a hold on yesterday - increased in price today.

So, you may want to put a cabin on hold the day before the sale starts :rolleyes:

Good to know. Although the price of the cabin I put a hold on yesterday - increased in price today.

So, you may want to put a cabin on hold the day before the sale starts :rolleyes:

I'm already booked and have a deposit paid for Emerald on Jan. 18 from Houston . I am looking for a price drop or more perks before final payment is due.

There seems to be a lot of price drops and sales on cruises particularly those headed for Europe & the Mediterranean. In view of what is going on in our world today, not surprised. Have been both places, but would think twice about booking in that area right now.