Pig Out in Dining Rooms

koss78b2

Yes, but please don't do it if you're sharing a table. It would be bad manners IMO, and you would have the option of eating normally in the main dining room and then going to the buffet for seconds, thirds, fourths, etc...

Can you? Yes. Not sure how practical that would be though. I don't think the wait staff would bring you 4-5 dinners at once due to space limitations at the table. You would more likely have to receive them perhaps 2 at a time.

Then you would be interfering and delaying the service and dining time of the rest of the people at the table as, consistent with most restaurants, they prefer to serve each course subsequent to the other. Everyone else who is only being served 1 dinner would have to wait for the next service until you finish your 4-5. Assuming you could finish them! Not very considerate or good form IMO.

But more curiously, why would you want to in the first place?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I know food is subjective, but after cruising on NCL, the answer to the OP should be, why would you want to eat all that much NCL food in the first place? If you were on Crystal or Seabourn, sure, because their food is fantastic. But on NCL? I would want to eat as little as possible of their subpar dining options.

Doing cruise with Norwegian soon. Question in dining room. Are you allowed to order 4 mains? eg. pasta. Lobster, steak etc all at one time?

then order 5 desserts

etc? that pigging out allowed?

Ye, but don't expect lobster. NCL evidently no longer serves it.

Order as much as you want, but be sure to eat it all. I really don't like when people order multiples or load up their plate to capacity and leave most of it on the table. It is just a huge waste. I know, I know, think of all the starving people in -insert name of country here-

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

There was a young man(late 20s/early 30s) traveling with his parents on a segment of my last cruise. He ordered at least a couple of main courses and usually double (possibly triple) portions of some. Being with family he usually did not talk much but he ate and ate and cleaned his plate each night. He also did not look an ounce overweight. Oh, for that kind of metabolism!

Well not like i would order 5 main dishes at once, but y would u want to talk to anyone in general when your eating, and y did one say subpar food on NCL/?

did i book wrong cruise line now?

Food can be subjective, though i am convinced that it's hard for anyone not to recognize really bad food.

That said, if you think restaurants like Appleby's, Chili's, Bubba Gump, etc. are terrific, you'll be fine with the food on most mass market lines.

Judging by many of the food related threads on CC, some folks don't understand that any vacation venue (cruise or otherwise) that costs less than $100/person per night for room and board is going to be quite limited in the quality of the foodstuffs and their preparation.

So, as a previous poster suggested, if you're looking for gastronomically exciting food offerings, you will have to up the ante in your choice of cruise lines. And, if food quality is number one on your "must have" list, you should consider a premium line like Oceania, which is known for its food. Nonetheless, do recognize that even O is a hotel food operation with some unique challenges. I'd rate it as the equivalent of 2.5 stars based on the norms of the San Francisco Chronicle (and that's a very decent rating by that standard).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doing cruise with Norwegian soon. Question in dining room. Are you allowed to order 4 mains? eg. pasta. Lobster, steak etc all at one time?

then order 5 desserts

etc? that pigging out allowed?

First of all, I thought this was a thread about pigs. Instead it is a story about hungry people.

That said, I don't think you can order all four at the same time. However, you can order four.

When I was on the NCL Star in 2005, I was sharing a table with three new cruisers. One of them mentioned that the lobster was good, but it was small. I told her she could order another one. She didn't believe me. I had to order it for her.

However, the rules in the extra costs restaurants are different. You can not order multiples of the main item (the one you are paying extra for) unless you pay extra again. However, you can order as many side dishes and deserts as you like.

Well not like i would order 5 main dishes at once, but y would u want to talk to anyone in general when your eating, and y did one say subpar food on NCL/?

did i book wrong cruise line now?

the way things work is the wait staff takes you ENIRE order a once from appetizer through dessert. all apps are serve at the same time, all main entrees, etc. so yes all five main dishes would be at once.

furthermore some items are only available one day, or at a surcharge.

the whole point of a large/shared table is to get to know your fellow passengers and maybe expand your horizons. and even families will spend time talking about their day or their plans for the next while at the table.

I have never personally sailed NCL but in doing my research I found more negatives than positives overall from the official website as well as getting opinions from others( including perosnal friends who sailed NCL)

Seriously?

Sheesh, and people blame school lunches for the obesity problem. :rolleyes:

If you want to make a gluten of yourself, go ahead I guess. But...gross...

Though an excess of food with "gluten" may contribute to the problem, I think the word you were looking for was "glutton."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums