Needing advice for a bathing suit!

Foo7595

I'm in my mid 50's, and have finally decided to ditch the 2 pieces, and either do a tankini or a flattering one piece. My "problem" is, I'm tall and slim, so I need more length....and I'm small in the bust area as well. Are there favorites of yours, that maybe would work for me? I'd love to order online....any companies out there that have a free return policy, or will I be paying for shipping and handling relentlessly till I find my bathing suit?

If you're tall and slim, stick with the bikini...you are NOT too old! And whatever you choose, try it on...online is fine for some things...but not for bathing suits! They MUST be tried on!

I'm in my 60's...slim..medium height...still in a bikini! No complaints from anyone!

Here's the thing...when you tan, and your tummy area is white...it looks AWFUL when you're naked. Wear the bikini...tan your belly!

Edited by cb at sea

I'm a bit short (5'2'') and a bit little thin (105 wet) and a bit past sixty.

I LOVE wearing a boy's shorts type bathing suit (has pockets) and a women's bathing suit bra with a UA sort of top. Great for swimming, etc.

God was good: He let me look good in a bikini when I was young. :D

LuLu

any companies out there that have a free return policy, or will I be paying for shipping and handling relentlessly till I find my bathing suit?

I love Athleta.

http://athleta.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=79311&mlink=55287,8574355,5&clink=8574355

Their return policy is very friendly...and Athleta pays for return shipping. Your original shipping costs would be determined by your order...free shipping for orders $50 and more is their standard.

They offer tall sizing in many styles.

I love Athleta.

http://athleta.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=79311&mlink=55287,8574355,5&clink=8574355

Their return policy is very friendly...and Athleta pays for return shipping. Your original shipping costs would be determined by your order...free shipping for orders $50 and more is their standard.

They offer tall sizing in many styles.

I second Athleta. Anita beat me to it. They have several "collections" of patterns and solids that come in all different types of tops and bottoms, so it makes it easy to mix & match to come with different "suits" without buying entire suits. They also have some one-pieces that you can look at…

Believe it or not, my husband orders things for me online at Venus! They have really nice dresses, outfits and bathing suits. He's gotten me a couple of really nice and flattering bathing suits and dresses, jumpsuits, etc. Wear what you feel comfortable and look good in ... age doesn't matter as long as it's tastefully done! I'm 60's! Venus has lots of sales and sometimes 'free shipping' deals and always free, no questions asked returns with free shipping. The clothing comes with the shipping label if you need to return. He's been doing it for me for years ... the guy has great taste, people can't believe it, but he's been doing it now for 46 years! :)

Believe it or not, my husband orders things for me online at Venus! They have really nice dresses, outfits and bathing suits. He's gotten me a couple of really nice and flattering bathing suits and dresses, jumpsuits, etc. Wear what you feel comfortable and look good in ... age doesn't matter as long as it's tastefully done! I'm 60's! Venus has lots of sales and sometimes 'free shipping' deals and always free, no questions asked returns with free shipping. The clothing comes with the shipping label if you need to return. He's been doing it for me for years ... the guy has great taste, people can't believe it, but he's been doing it now for 46 years! :)

Do you rent him out? I hate to clothes shop.

I found some really cute tankinis at Swimsuits for all I am long in the body and small busted too (but HUGE bellied) but this looks great on me.

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Black-Hankerchief-Tankini-Top

Hi Foo,

I have to say that I prefer a tankini set rather than a one piece at "my age". I am 62 and find it so much easier to run to the rest room with a two piece suit than having to pull down a one piece. Another benefit to having two piece is that you can mix and match with bottoms and tops. There are so many choices I'm sure you will find some that are comfortable and look great for your figure. Land's End is great.

S

You can return Lands End things to any sears location. I find this nice so I can order shoes or bathing suits and just return what doesn't fit.

Our local Sears has stopped carrying Lands End. That made me really sad.

On topic though, take a look at swimsuitsforall.com. I found some great suits there. I ordered two bottoms and three tops. I figured I could send back what I did not love. Well, I didn't send anything back and paid way less than $100 for all of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another fan of Athleta, or if you have an Everything But Water store nearby, they're fantastic, I'm also a big fan of Nordstrom for takinins as they sell everything as separates.

Title9 also has some nice swimwear.

I also really favor the boy short type bottoms, & for me, a taken is much more comfortable & less matronly than a one piece. :)