Water shoes, Dinner Attire & Jewelry

travelgirl45

What would be good shoes to wear if we should stop at Princess Cays. Have read it is very rough and rocky. Also, is it casual attire for dinner - (non formal nights) nice dress pants, tops, etc for women? Also, for formal nights are there many that bring nice jewelry? Any problems with jewelry disappearing from the Staterroom?

What would be good shoes to wear if we should stop at Princess Cays. Have read it is very rough and rocky. Also, is it casual attire for dinner - (non formal nights) nice dress pants, tops, etc for women? Also, for formal nights are there many that bring nice jewelry? Any problems with jewelry disappearing from the Staterroom?

Yes bring water shoes, its pretty rough.

Your clothing choices will be fine.

Yes bring your jewelry, never had any issue with anything missing from the stateroom. Use the safe when not wearing them. ;)

1. Yes, water shoes or Crocs would be great to have with you when traveling to Princess Cay.

2. Casual nights would be usually church clothes, as you say, dress pants, nice tops. A good pair of black pants can be great for both formal and casual, changing up the tops.

3. There is a small safe in your room. Personally, I don't have or carry much in the way of jewelry but you do see some who wear everything they own! Up to you. We have never had anything taken from our room, just inside or from a safe. But there have been stories on these boards.

Have a great cruise.

Yes bring your jewelry, never had any issue with anything missing from the stateroom. Use the safe when not wearing them. ;)

I agree with this post.

I take my jewellery. A cruise gives me a lot of opportunities to wear and enjoy it, but I don't wear much (if any) jewelry ashore.

We have never had anything taken from our room, either from the safe or just left out on the bench. :)

I bring my jewelry. Never had a problem as I keep it in the safe.

A suggestion is to bring Ziploc bags to organize and put your money and jewelry in. The safes aren't well-lit and they have a lip. It's not unusual to find a loose earring or ring forgotten by the previous passengers. :( I now keep everything in bags that I can easily take out and remember to pack when leaving.

Ditto.

It has been a while since I was there. It was Rocky at the beach then. Maybe others can tell you how it is now.

I have diamonds. But aside from my wedding ring, I never travel with them. Cubic Zirconia are fine for formal nights. Never travel with family heirlooms either. Like Grandma's necklace etc. We will be in Mexico in Feb and I plan to dress casual with no jewelry, in port. Don't think that everything is safe in your safe. I read once that someone had hundreds of dollars missing from their safe in their cabin. Not on Princess. I have also had things stolen from my stateroom. On Celebrity.

Edited by LovetheSea

Just don't pack your jewelry in you checked luggage and

be careful what jewelry you wear off the ship.

I have to agree with this. Never pack your good jewelry in your checked luggage. Carry it on. Period.

Also do not ever wear expensive (or expensive looking) jewelry ashore. It just makes you a target for thieves. I've heard of women being robbed for their jewelry at port stops. I once read an account where a woman returned to her ship with her ears torn and bleeding because someone attacked her and ripped her diamond earrings out of her ears.

Our cruise in November had a day in Princess Cays. I made a mental note to bring water shoes when we sail in February.

I like to bring jewelry for formal nights, but keep it in the safe in a bag. Never wear ashore.

Black pants are a great way to do formal nights with two different tops for a week's cruise.

Enjoy!

My friends came back to their stateroom to open their bottle of Bailey's and it had an inch left in it.

I never travel with any jewelry I have to take off, and nothing ostentatious.

Too many sad stories. Cubit zirconias look fine at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am I the only one who doesn't find Princess Cays "rocky"? There are some large coral chunks in the water but I never wear water shoes. The sand on the beach is very soft and smooth. I live on the north shore of Long Island...now that's a rocky beach! We need to wear combat boots to go swimming.

My friends came back to their stateroom to open their bottle of Bailey's and it had an inch left in it.

I never travel with any jewelry I have to take off, and nothing ostentatious.

Too many sad stories. Cubit zirconias look fine at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they report this? The problem doesn't get fixed if it doesn't get reported.

We've never had a problem of any kind onboard. I take my good jewelry which goes in my purse, and I decide from port to port whether my diamond ring goes in the safe or stays on my finger.

Like Pam said, the safes are dark and have a ledge so I keep all of my jewelry in plastic bags so nothing gets left behind. Snack size bags are generally a good size.

I bring my jewelry. Never had a problem as I keep it in the safe.

A suggestion is to bring Ziploc bags to organize and put your money and jewelry in. The safes aren't well-lit and they have a lip. It's not unusual to find a loose earring or ring forgotten by the previous passengers. :( I now keep everything in bags that I can easily take out and remember to pack when leaving.

I'm too have become a Ziploc bag lady. I use them instead of weighty cosmetic bags and for a dozen and one small bits, not sure how we ever managed earlier. And of course for anything that could possibly leak when flying.

Ruth

Am I the only one who doesn't find Princess Cays "rocky"? There are some large coral chunks in the water but I never wear water shoes. The sand on the beach is very soft and smooth. I live on the north shore of Long Island...now that's a rocky beach! We need to wear combat boots to go swimming.

I don't think anyone is calling the sand on the beach rocky, it's the rocks in the water that are the problem. The worst side is on the right with all the clam shells. Without crocks or water shoes it's pretty bad compared to any other Caribbean beach.

Always lock your valuables in the safe - trust no one. On our last cruise to Hawaii 1/13, the door to the balcony wouldn't lock. I didn't discover this until 4 days into the cruise when I decided to double check the lock. Our cabin steward took care of it.

As for dressing up on casual night it's not necessary. A sleeveless dress, pants and a nice top. Jewelery is a personal thing. You can wear whatever you feel comfortable with. I never take expensive jewelry, I take the jewelery I like to wear - which is colorful and handmade. Can't answer about the shoes, but I would be wearing tennis shoes so as not to slip on the rocks or hurt the bottom of my feet.

Same as above!

Look forward to having a great cruise! :D

LuLu

We found the beach fine, but depending where you enter the water,you can feel rocks. We go to the right when we get off the tender because we found that there is a sandy area in the water with no rocks.:) It is also less crowded.

I would also mention that the safes on the Royal and Regal have a shelf inside and the lighting by the closet area is much better. I could see clearly into the safe.