Air fair to FOrt Lauderdale.

esper10

Hi all, did any of you noticed to high air fair this year? We live in Los Angeles and last year when we cruise Harmoney of the seas we could fly for about $380.00 but since we waited to long we end up paying about $550.00 this year I have been checking the prices for Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale is over $600.00 we usually take a night flight and return back home same day the cruise wend. We are cruising in December 3rd on a B2B and returning on the 17. I think we will end up paying over 600.00 any one has better idea for fair rate to share?

Hi all, did any of you noticed to high air fair this year? We live in Los Angeles and last year when we cruise Harmoney of the seas we could fly for about $380.00 but since we waited to long we end up paying about $550.00 this year I have been checking the prices for Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale is over $600.00 we usually take a night flight and return back home same day the cruise wend. We are cruising in December 3rd on a B2B and returning on the 17. I think we will end up paying over 600.00 any one has better idea for fair rate to share?

Have you tried Air2Sea through Royal Caribbean? We have had great luck with them ;)

Using Google Air, I found round trip fares for $380.00 via United that may fit your dates and times.

You think that's bad, try flying out of Newark to FLL on United (direct) for approximately $700 per for Easter week. Tried Philly and got $400 on AA.

What is google air? Do you mean flights.google.com?

Some people like you are more savvy on the Internet than others. Example, some people need explaining as to how to print luggage tags because copying from a PDF file onto MS Word is not working for them.

Hence why I said go to Google, type Google air and go from there.

Therefore why I use layman terms for the uninitiated.

https://www.google.com/flights/

Yes, I have seen the same thing. Flights are about double from TN this year to Fort Lauderdale compared to what I saw last year. Other cities have some good deals but Fort Lauderdale continues to not be included in the discount rates this year for some reason.

I use Travelocity to check rate but always book with air2sea. The truth flight is the expensive one. I will try the Google one. I'm also one of those people who might need more help than others😊

If you fly Southwest regularly (more than once a year), you can always re-book your ticket at a lower price and use those credits on your next trip. The credits need to be used within a year of the date you first bought the ticket.

Also, if you book your cruises far enough in advance, look on Southwest's website for when the schedule will open up for the dates you will need. Do whatever you can to book that morning (flights open up any time between 6:00 and 8:00 Eastern in my experience). Our flights to FLL for 2018 were actually considerably less expensive than our 2017 flights.

In addition to the good price, we had $150 in credit to use from when our flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico dropped numerous times.

It does take some effort, but it can end up being worth it. I generally check my flight costs 3-5 times a week (it only takes a few minutes).

When we did a spring break cruise with the kids airfare to Fort Lauderdale was outrageous. We flew into Miami instead and rented a car and drove the short distance to Fort Lauderdale. Even with renting a car we still saved a ton of money!

After thinking about it we actually flew into FLL and drove to Miami. But my point still remains: check surrounding airports!

Edited by readytolose
I'm getting old and forgetful

Try Virgin America they have a non-stop LAX - FLL for a decent price. The problem looks like your return on the 17th it's sky high.

hhhhmmm this the thing. You got it perfect. The return is so high, one way going is only $160.00 but the return is sky high. South west don't have a night/red eye flights

When we did a spring break cruise with the kids airfare to Fort Lauderdale was outrageous. We flew into Miami instead and rented a car and drove the short distance to Fort Lauderdale. Even with renting a car we still saved a ton of money!

After thinking about it we actually flew into FLL and drove to Miami. But my point still remains: check surrounding airports!

Exactly! We need to fly into MIA for a cruise in March and the prices are sky high so we are flying onto FLL.

Some people like you are more savvy on the Internet than others. Example, some people need explaining as to how to print luggage tags because copying from a PDF file onto MS Word is not working for them.

Hence why I said go to Google, type Google air and go from there.

Therefore why I use layman terms for the uninitiated.

https://www.google.com/flights/

Thank you for that link. It's so easy to search

hhhhmmm this the thing. You got it perfect. The return is so high, one way going is only $160.00 but the return is sky high. South west don't have a night/red eye flights

Maybe book each leg separately. If I could get a non-stop LAX - FLL red eye for $160 I would be all over that and then do something else for the trip home. It looks like if you stay a few days post cruise the fare is half. But that wouldn't be my choice after being gone two weeks and paying for a couple of nights hotel makes it not cost effective.

I booked VA non-stop SFO - FLL for our October Oasis and got 1st class for a little more than what others wanted for coach. Then a few weeks later I found a decent AA flight home from MCO to SMF (Sacramento) also 1st class. Only down side is I have to get a rental car to/from home to/from SFO and SMF, but total that's about $150 for both rentals.

I also got a rental car to drive from FLL - Coco Beach Hotel, so we will spend a day driving up the coast, which we have never done before.

I think we will fly back from Miami much cheaper. Any one know of any shuttle that will take us from the cruise ship to Miami airport? We 6 adults. If not we can take an excursion for $55.00 PP with drop off at airport

You think that's bad, try flying out of Newark to FLL on United (direct) for approximately $700 per for Easter week. Tried Philly and got $400 on AA.

I won't give United a dime but yup got a decent price on AA. Jfk to Mia

Sent from my iPad using Forums