Royal Inside Sideways Cabins

Katiekakes

We have spent about 50 days in them and have another 30 booked. We like them better than the standard inside cabins and have a bit more room. If you do a search here, a member recently posted a like to their youtube video tour of such a cabin

If you search this forum there is quite a lot of useful information on these cabins including photos & video and here's just one of the recent threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2434644&highlight=royal+inside+sideways

Unless there are 3 or 4 people I'd recommend avoiding quad interior cabins because the upper bunks protrude from the walls unlike balcony cabins where they're recessed into the ceiling.

Here's the link to a short video of a quad interior sideways cabin:

They're slightly larger however for me the configuration better utilizes the space.

Has anyone stayed in the inside, sideways cabins on the Royal? Are they more spacious? Are they all quads with beds in the way? Any pics of arrangement?

As Astro Flyer stated there are many threads on this very subject here on the Princess board.

You can find them with a quick search.

Has anyone stayed in the inside, sideways cabins on the Royal? Are they more spacious? Are they all quads with beds in the way? Any pics of arrangement?

I was on the Royal Princess in January and stayed in C323 inside sideways cabin it was very good. I asked Pam from California. If she like it when she stayed in the same cabin and she liked it also. It was very quiet and in a good location.

It was not a quad and it was more spacious.

Tony

I was on the Royal Princess in January and stayed in C323 inside sideways cabin it was very good. I asked Pam from California. If she like it when she stayed in the same cabin and she liked it also. It was very quiet and in a good location.

Tony

Yup. Booked the same cabin on the Royal for a B2B in April/May 2019. Looks like I practice what I preach. [emoji3]

Tony

Are there any sideways interior cabins on the rowboat?

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2017 at 12:22 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

It's been a while since you posted this but... My husband and I will be in that room in September 2019. Any chance you have photos? It's our first Princess cruise.

28 minutes ago, Annie11455 said:

It's been a while since you posted this but... My husband and I will be in that room in September 2019. Any chance you have photos? It's our first Princess cruise.

This is C323 on the Royal. Loved the cabin.

Since I posted above, I was able to upgrade myself to a balcony for $100 more with the “Sip & Sail” promo on my B2B and get $600 in OBC instead of the beverage package. I would have been fine with the inside but the OBC will be very nice. 

273E61D8-4838-42B6-8CB2-E5507D6375D5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Annie11455 said:

Hi Annie,

I see that Pam posted some photos of the cabin C323. She is the Best!! I totally agree with Pam. We also loved the cabin.

Please keep this a secret 🤫 I like to be able to book this cabin again. 😁 Have a Great time on your cruise.

Tony

3306F43A-F63D-4100-A68E-05B2D076F9C3.jpeg

Returned last month from a CA/NE cruise where I had a "sideways" inside cabin on the Royal.  As others above have said, it seems like there is more room than normal inside cabins.  I found the shower in the sideways inside cabin to be the biggest I have ever had on a Princess ship.

If you are sailing as a couple or solo I recommend to go to the Princess website and get a cabin to only accommodate 2 people.   We had an inside cabin with the beds coming down from the wall and we hit our heads so often especially in the middle of the night that we requested after 2 days to separate the beds. We will be in our first sideway cabin in 2 weeks and we are excited to try this configuration. 

On 5/22/2017 at 2:09 PM, Zooguy said:

We stayed on one for a month last year. I like them. Bigger and better set up. You can be exposed when the door opens due to bed location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in a cabin just opposite a sideways inside and when the door is open you can see everything and everyone unless you are in the bathroom.  I have done insides only on HAL, but in my opinion the size of the Princess sideway inside I saw was small. 

Pooh

We were assigned to a sideways for our trans-Atlantic cruise on the Royal in September. It was one of the ones that accommodates four people. Fortunately, we got our assignment in time for me to switch to another cabin in the category. We took R227. It was great. My only complaint was that the bathroom is very dark to find if you leave the light off. I should have taken a small night light. 

11 hours ago, TracieABD said:

I have been assigned a sideways twice- and each time I have been upgraded or upsold... Still a mystery to me- but someday I will find out!

In our case, we were upgraded to a sideways cabin on a Grand class ship and loved it.

On the Grand class ships, the closets have doors on them while on the Royal class they do not.,

12 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

We were in a cabin just opposite a sideways inside and when the door is open you can see everything and everyone unless you are in the bathroom.  I have done insides only on HAL, but in my opinion the size of the Princess sideway inside I saw was small. 

Pooh

From outside the cabin you can only see about half of it when the door is open. Overall it is a few square feet larger than a regular inside cabin.