is Pacific Princess being sold

jrblach

the latest cruise for sale on the Pacific Princess is May 11, 2016 LA to FLL. But other ships have cruises for sale thru Oct 2016. are they selling the Pacific Princess?

The Ocean is, have not heard anything about the Pacific.

Maybe that the iteniary thats she is doing is not released yet?

There has been no announcement that the Pacific is sold or even for sail. I think the general assumption is that she is available if someone puts in a good bid. I am not sure Princess has finished announcing the 2016 schedule

Pacific Princess will be in Northern Europe Summer 2016. Somewhere amongst the thicket of when-will-2016-itineraries-come-out threads there is a post with all the Europe 2016 sailing dates, including the Pacific.

the latest cruise for sale on the Pacific Princess is May 11, 2016 LA to FLL. But other ships have cruises for sale thru Oct 2016. are they selling the Pacific Princess?

Pacific is in the med for 2016. Itineraries go on sale on the 19th. Ocean has been bought by Oceania and will be called Sirena.

The advance copy of Princess's 2016 Europe schedule posted to CC about 10 days ago shows Pacific Princess sailings as late as 3 Dec. 2016 -- a 17-day transatlantic from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. Of course, they could still sell the ship earlier than that and cancel various sailings. They did that when the former Royal Princess, sister-ship to Ocean and Pacific, was transferred to P&O to become Adonia. Thankfully, we were aboard shortly before the transfer.

John

Edited by J-D

The inevitable seems to be that she will be sold. With the Ocean gone, she is the odd ball in the fleet. However, with that being said we love her and her sisters in other fleets.

These original R ships aren't for everyone(not enough glitz or big show productions) but they sure work for us. We've sailed these ships on Azamara, Oceania, and Princess. We enjoyed a wonderful Alaska cruise on the Pacific in August. Our day in Glacier Bay was beyond outstanding. We tucked into some places that would not have been doable on a larger ship.

Hope she stays but we will try to follow her if she leaves the Princess fleet.

The inevitable seems to be that she will be sold. With the Ocean gone, she is the odd ball in the fleet. However, with that being said we love her and her sisters in other fleets.

These original R ships aren't for everyone(not enough glitz or big show productions) but they sure work for us. We've sailed these ships on Azamara, Oceania, and Princess. We enjoyed a wonderful Alaska cruise on the Pacific in August. Our day in Glacier Bay was beyond outstanding. We tucked into some places that would not have been doable on a larger ship.

Hope she stays but we will try to follow her if she leaves the Princess fleet.

We've taken almost 50 cruises, but far and away the best one was 26 glorious days on the Pacific Princess from Tahiti to Ft Lauderdale. Unforgettable.

If this is true, that'll be a shame. Princess(and the mainstream cruising industry as a whole) is going the wrong direction IMHO.

>3000 pax capacity is too many for my personal tastes. What good are extra amenities if there's too many people all trying to enjoy them at once? Queue up for this queue up for that....No thanks.

If this is true, that'll be a shame. Princess(and the mainstream cruising industry as a whole) is going the wrong direction IMHO.

>3000 pax capacity is too many for my personal tastes. What good are extra amenities if there's too many people all trying to enjoy them at once? Queue up for this queue up for that....No thanks.

I agree, but the cruise lines are just following the money :(.

I agree, but the cruise lines are just following the money :(.

As indicated by this from Carnival Corp. which owns Princess:

We are building new, innovative, purpose-built ships that are larger and more efficient and have a wider range of onboard amenities and features, which enable us to better compete for consumers’ vacation spend. These larger ships enable us to obtain greater economies of scale.

In 2014, we introduced Princess Cruises’ 3,560-passenger Regal Princess and Costa Cruises’ 3,692-passenger Costa Diadema. As of January 22, 2015, we have ten cruise ships scheduled to be delivered between February 2015 and November 2018, some of which will replace existing capacity as older, smaller and less efficient ships exit our fleet.

We strategically time the introduction of additional ships into our brands to allow ample time for those lines to further grow their guest base and absorb the new capacity. We have removed 16 ships from our fleet since 2006 and have agreements in place to remove three more ships by March 2016.

A couple of years ago, a CD told us that the little girls (Ocean & Pacific) earn about one million per month. The large ships like the Crown earn about five million per week. This was before the current Royal

A couple of years ago, a CD told us that the little girls (Ocean & Pacific) earn about one million per month. The large ships like the Crown earn about five million per week. This was before the current Royal

I think the word "earn" means revenue in this case, not profits. For a ship the size of the Crown, the five million would be about $230/day/passenger and there cannot be that much profit.

On the other hand, one million/month for the small ships works out to about $48/day/passenger and that is too low to be revenue.

I also think she will be sold. The itineraries for 2016 are for the most part repeats of what she or the Ocean have done recently. I think she's just spinning her, um, wheels, until the sale is consummated.

I once saw both of them lined up docked in Piraeus. Should have taken a photo.

I once saw both of them lined up docked in Piraeus. Should have taken a photo.

If the Ocean Princess' last three cruises had not been moved to Miami from Fort Lauderdale, you would have had that opportunity again as on January 3, 2016 the Pacific Princess will be in Fort Lauderdale. That's the same date the OP begins her last voyage as a Princess ship.

If the Ocean Princess' last three cruises had not been moved to Miami from Fort Lauderdale, you would have had that opportunity again as on January 3, 2016 the Pacific Princess will be in Fort Lauderdale. That's the same date the OP begins her last voyage as a Princess ship.

I will be in Miami, boarding her. I expect a run on crowbars in Curacao, the last call. :)

I will be in Miami, boarding her. I expect a run on crowbars in Curacao, the last call. :)

Yes, we've had that discussion. We're bringing extra suitcases.

See you on the ship.

Edited by beg3yrs

we are going to Curacao. what are crowbars. thanks

We are joking that the passengers will act like they sometimes do when a stadium closes and walk off with anything that can be made movable. Obviously this will not be the case.

• 1 year later...
At least according to this PDF:

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/1999_Cruise_Vessel.pdf

I hope Oceania buys her. O's food, beds and service are outstanding and we've had enough of the "mega ships." I love the size and layout of the R class ships.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything other than a description of the ship itself. Where does it say that she is up for sale? Did I miss something? :confused:

At least according to this PDF:

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/1999_Cruise_Vessel.pdf

I hope Oceania buys her. O's food, beds and service are outstanding and we've had enough of the "mega ships." I love the size and layout of the R class ships.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything other than a description of the ship itself. Where does it say that she is up for sale? Did I miss something? :confused:

I agree, the file says NOTHING about the ship being for sale.

That said, we were on the Ocean Princess' last voyage. Saw the changes Oceania made and they're impressive. Even saw the Sirena (formerly the Ocean Princess) in Italy last month. She was docked right next to another Oceania R class ship. Looked great! I do hope Princess keeps the Pacific Princess as we're booked on her in 2018!