Rec. for 1 nite pre-cruise Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Paulinda

What date? The $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August.

Budget? Your reasonable might be my splurge.

Flying in or driving? With kids or honeymoon?

Give us some more info so that the suggestions will be closer to your mark. You can also do some homework on www.sunny.org -- lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Are you arriving on the morning flight, giving you a full day to enjoys the city on foot? Or arriving late when you'll just be needing a bed and meal?

Be specific to get recommendations that "fit".

Just looking for decent, convenient hotels near the cruise ship port. Price isn't a factor nor the time of day that we arrive. If you stayed at a nice hotel near port ....please tell me about it.

Since you aren't offering additional info, just scan the many threads with lists of recommended hotels. You'll find airport, beach, Las Olas Blvd. and 17th St hotels listed.

Take a look at sunny.org for lots of info.

We like staying at Sleep Inn, Dania. Shuttles from airport and to port if needed. Drugstore and grocery store on either side. About 1 mile to the beach. We'll be staying there again.

I usually stay at Springhill Suites in Dania if just for the night. Free shuttles from airport and to pier. Nice hotel, decent free breakfast and nice staff. Shopping at Kmart nearby for missed items and BJs for wine (no membership needed for wine purchases). Mostly fast food (alot) near hotel, and mid-range dining about 1/2 mile away.

Also like Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center). Nice hotel, friendly staff, good free breakfast and nice rooms. Free shuttle from airport but $7 to pier (taxi about $15 to pier). Lots of dining nearby and shopping also.

Also like Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center). Nice hotel, friendly staff, good free breakfast and nice rooms. Free shuttle from airport but $7 to pier (taxi about $15 to pier). Lots of dining nearby and shopping also.

Book this one on value trips.Com for best rates.

I think I read they are charging $2 for airport shuttle now.:rolleyes: For two and more, it's a nicer and cheaper choice to the port via uber.

Last 2 times we've cruise out of FLL we've stayed at the Ritz Carlton Ft. Lauderdale using points. Beautiful hotel, nice location. (We're from Chicago, so really enjoy doing our pre-cruise night near the ocean.) I just started searching for a hotel for our December 8th cruise. Not enough points for a night, and the RC is going for over $600. There is just no way it's worth that much money. Did a search on Trip Advisor and found the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Looks nice, good reviews, and a AAA rate of $170. And it's very close to the RC, so we know the area is good with many restaurants, bars within walking distance.

Has anyone stayed here?

I usually stay at Springhill Suites in Dania if just for the night. Free shuttles from airport and to pier. Nice hotel, decent free breakfast and nice staff. Shopping at Kmart nearby for missed items and BJs for wine (no membership needed for wine purchases). Mostly fast food (alot) near hotel, and mid-range dining about 1/2 mile away.

Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center airport shuttle to hotel isn't free anymore though the price is reasonable. They add $2 to your room for the shuttle.

Last 2 times we've cruise out of FLL we've stayed at the Ritz Carlton Ft. Lauderdale using points. Beautiful hotel, nice location. (We're from Chicago, so really enjoy doing our pre-cruise night near the ocean.) I just started searching for a hotel for our December 8th cruise. Not enough points for a night, and the RC is going for over $600. There is just no way it's worth that much money. Did a search on Trip Advisor and found the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Looks nice, good reviews, and a AAA rate of $170. And it's very close to the RC, so we know the area is good with many restaurants, bars within walking distance.

Has anyone stayed here?

I've not stayed there but friends do and we hang out there and it is a great hotel! Much nicer than your average CM. If you can, book a corner room. Two walls of literal floor to ceiling windows. Great pool and the location is a little better than the RC and you aren't paying $22 for a single mojito.

Thanks everybody. It was a tough decision but we booked the Embassy Suites. Good cruising to you all!

Am also looking to book a room in FLL (in August). May I ask what your deciding factor was for booking the Embassy Suites?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Blarko - Embassy Suites is moderately priced compared to some of the others I looked at, they are located near the port, there are nearby shops and restaurants and they have an Airport and Port Shuttle (although I'm not quite yet certain of the $ for each as I've read different amounts). Basically it's the convenience of location. I'm a bit concerned about pets in the rooms but I think we can deal with that.

Both hotel packages and shuttle packages offered by our cruise line were much more. We've used the cruise line packages before and liked them but I thought we would try something different this time.

Am also looking to book a room in FLL (in August). May I ask what your deciding factor was for booking the Embassy Suites?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

In August, you might want to choose a hotel along the beach. ;) Embassy and the other hotels along 17th Street are on a busy city road. At least head over to enjoy the ocean breezes.