Would you keep luggage in your cabin that doesn't belong to you?

Keys2Heaven

Saw a FB post by Mr. Heald that read like this:

How can someone have a suitcase in their cabin, a big blue bugger and notice it isn't theirs until one day before the end of a 10 day cruise FFS?

Is this not ridiculous or am I missing something?

thoughts please

I was taken aback when I read this. You mean to tell me that there are people who would actually keep someone else's luggage for nearly the entire cruise before turning in to guest services?

Question to all of you: Have you ever experienced this or have you, in fact, held onto another guest's luggage for the entire trip before turning it in? Do you think that Carnival should be allowed to assess a "finder's fee" for luggage being held in another person's cabin for this period of time?

We get posts at these forums every couple of weeks from "good Samaritans" who take others belongings from their cabin off the ship that were left behind, and then post here that they want to find the owner, as they do not trust that Carnival will.

Stupid is as stupid does.

You find it, you turn it in to the the ship ASAP.

We get posts at these forums every couple of weeks from "good Samaritans" who take others belongings from their cabin off the ship that were left behind, and then post here that they want to find the owner, as they do not trust that Carnival will.

Exactly what I was going to post. Cruisers who "take home" items left in their cabin by the previous weeks' occupants citing their "fears" that Carnival will mishandle the lost property. No one at Carnival could possibly mishandle lost property any worse than someone who essentially "steals" something that is not theirs to take.

Surely you jest! Not in a million years would I even consider keeping someone else s luggage. What in the hell is wrong with people,,,even considering this? I'm beginning to think the whole world is going BONKERS! :eek:

"SKY"

Absolutely not. Stray stuff that found its way to my room would get turned in immediately.

Imagine the poor sap who didn't have the clothes/stuff they packed because some clown decided to hold onto their suitcase...

Another case for carrying my one bag on myself. We had one person in our group last cruise that didn't get their bag and the gift shop clothing was just lovely....lol.

Pretty basic isn't it.

First let me say I would never keep another persons property under any circumstance.

But if I did my luck would have the drug stiffing dog at the port would sit down in front of the darn thing and I would be explaining it wasn't my suitcase. Which would be the truth but they have heard that story many times.

It's called karma.

Take care,

Vinnie

Saw a FB post by Mr. Heald that read like this:

I was taken aback when I read this. You mean to tell me that there are people who would actually keep someone else's luggage for nearly the entire cruise before turning in to guest services?

Question to all of you: Have you ever experienced this or have you, in fact, held onto another guest's luggage for the entire trip before turning it in? Do you think that Carnival should be allowed to assess a "finder's fee" for luggage being held in another person's cabin for this period of time?

Unfortunately there are people in the world who cannot see beyond their own nose to comprehend someone else's unfortunate situation and the consequences of that situation. They're commonly referred to as narcissists.

Mayo Clinic defines that as,

"Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others."

I can't even fathom ruining someone else's cruise by not following up on having their luggage mistakenly left in my cabin.

I feel so sorry for the people who had their cruise vacation impacted by the unfortunate thoughtlessness of someone else who can't see the real world beyond the tip of their own nose.

Was the luggage from someone on the current cruise or the one before? The only way this makes sense is if the luggage was from someone in the room before and they forgot it and stuffed it under the bed or in the closet; and the person in the room now didn't see it until the last day. I know I don't go looking past every door and drawer in the room for items left behind, and may not have ran into something like that until a few days in.

It wasn't necessarily "left behind"...I took JH's post to mean a suitcase was delivered to the WRoNG cabin and the inhabitants of that cabin left it there for 9 days, til the day before they disembarked....those are NOT GOOD SAMARITAN'S in any sense of the word. They turned it in, as you would do loubetti, but 9 days later.......what is this world coming to??:confused::confused:

It wasn't necessarily "left behind"...I took JH's post to mean a suitcase was delivered to the WRoNG cabin and the inhabitants of that cabin left it there for 9 days, til the day before they disembarked....those are NOT GOOD SAMARITAN'S in any sense of the word. They turned it in, as you would do loubetti, but 9 days later.......what is this world coming to??:confused::confused:

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, could it have been a cabin of 5 friends, each thinking that the piece of luggage belong to one of the other friends. If it's a cabin of friends, it seems plausible they wouldn't know what each others bags looks like.

Was the luggage from someone on the current cruise or the one before? The only way this makes sense is if the luggage was from someone in the room before and they forgot it and stuffed it under the bed or in the closet; and the person in the room now didn't see it until the last day. I know I don't go looking past every door and drawer in the room for items left behind, and may not have ran into something like that until a few days in.

Don't know about you, but I check every square inch of the cabin when we board for items left behind. If anything found, they would be PROMPTLY turned into guest services.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, could it have been a cabin of 5 friends, each thinking that the piece of luggage belong to one of the other friends. If it's a cabin of friends, it seems plausible they wouldn't know what each others bags looks like.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case here. One piece of luggage delivered to another cabin by mistake. Guests "held" luggage in their cabin for 9 days, turning in to GS the night before debarkation.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case here. One piece of luggage delivered to another cabin by mistake. Guests "held" luggage in their cabin for 9 days, turning in to GS the night before debarkation.

And the night before debark, when everyone is packing up their bag together and noticing no one package this one bag would have came the question "whos bag it this?"

-It just doesn't make sense keeping it until the last day. If they're psychotic wanting to ruin someones vacation, just leave it in the room when you leave so they for sure won't get it.

-If your a criminal, dig through the bag looking for stuff and return it to GS that night.

This just doesn't seem like it was intended to be done on purpose cause I can see myself not checking every drawer and closet until the last day, making sure I'm not leaving anything behind, and running into it then.

I've never had the wrong luggage delivered to my cabin, but I would get it to GS as quickly as I could. Several cruises I've been on, there have been letters delivered to each cabin describing a lost suitcase. This is one reason I like to carry on my own luggage.

Most staterooms are fairly compact. Even my beloved balconies. First thing I do when I get my luggage is unpack (which means I hit the closet). After unpacking, I shove the luggage under the bed, so I'd see if anything was there.

Floorspace is in plain view. How could someone outside of a large suite NOT see someone else's luggage?

I once had a piece of luggage delivered to my stateroom by mistake. Informed the cabin attendant immediately as many of them were in the hallway anyway. Had it been delivered later, I would be down at GS.

Would think someone would notice that the luggage seemed rather heavy and was not empty and act like a rational human being.

Someone reported a luggage situation a couple of years ago here on CC.

Two friends (both women) were cruising together. They brought in the luggage delivered to their cabin door. They unpacked but one small suitcase was not.

Several days later one ask the other if she was going to need to unpack her other suitcase. Her friend said that it wasn't hers so assumed it belonged to her friend.

Seems they both thought it belonged to each other. :o

Absolutely not. Stray stuff that found its way to my room would get turned in immediately.

Imagine the poor sap who didn't have the clothes/stuff they packed because some clown decided to hold onto their suitcase...

IMO its either malicious mischief or downright "stealing" a person's vacation. A cabin, even family, suites, whatever, a different/extra suitcase would be noticeable. This was deliberate nastiness.