Water Shoes

Thinkpink71

We got some $9.99 on sales ones from the Celebrity ship store. They worked fine on the waterfall climb. The tour bus taking us to the waterfall asked if anyone needs water shoes and they could stop by a shop for us to buy some.. I think they said the price was also around $10 a pair. These are pretty much the ones you see at Walmart's summer fun aisle selling for $6.99.

And you will NEED the shoes if you are climbing up the fall. Don't go barefoot.

We used Tevas. Keens are similar, but they are both expensive. So you may not be willing to spend the money.

Used Tennis work, but you will want them to have some traction on the bottom so you don't slip, and they will weigh down more than Tevas or Keens would.

Your options are unlimited. I wear low cut shoes that I wear under my dive fins. I think I paid about $20 for them. You can also get dozens of varieties of sandals and shoes made for the water.

I just purchased a pair of Speedo Hybrid Watercross shoes. I use them on my boat and like them a lot. They ran me about $20. When we went to Dunn River Falls I purchased a pair of basic water shoes at one of the stores near the dock. I think I paid $9. I think you can also rent them at the falls but as I recall you won't save any money doing that.

I'm not sure if they will even let you climb the falls without some kind of water shoes. Im sure I would have gone barefoot when I was young and fearless, but wouldn't go without them now.

We purchased Speedo Water Shoes on Amazon.Com and have had them for several years.

Keith

We too purchased the speedo water shoes on line from dicks. After rinsing and drying completely a cruise friend shared storing them with a dryer sheer tucked into each shoe to keep them fresh. Has worked for several years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This will be our first cruise and we are going to visit Dunn River Falls. I know you should wear water shoes. Does anyone have a suggestion on good water shoes that would have good traction and not slip and slide?

We found a good selection on Amazon.