What's Your Early Morning Routine on RCI Cruise?

Someone in the office just asked me this question, and I thought I'd pose it to others on the the Royal Caribbean forum...

What is the first thing(s) that you do when you get up in the morning on your RC cruise? For me, it's to stand on my balcony in my pjs and just take in the beauty of the sunrise...then head to the Windjammer to GO EAT! How about you? ;)

Edited by cjdixon4

I'm an early riser- usually by 6:30 at the latest (5:00 is the latest at home). I usually get up and go soak in the hot tub for a little while. Then I grab breakfast and hit the pool deck. I'll get some sun and pool time for a few hours, but I'm usually done and out of the sun by mid-late morning, just when it starts to get busy. Works out great to have a nice, quiet, nearly empty pool deck!

I'm an early riser- usually by 6:30 at the latest (5:00 is the latest at home). I usually get up and go soak in the hot tub for a little while. Then I grab breakfast and hit the pool deck. I'll get some sun and pool time for a few hours, but I'm usually done and out of the sun by mid-late morning, just when it starts to get busy. Works out great to have a nice, quiet, nearly empty pool deck!

You're right about the empty pool deck. When I was on Navigator earlier this year, there were a couple of mornings where I did my morning power-walk on the upper deck...it was nice to see vacant loungers near the pool at that hour!

We'll order coffee/tea from room service, and then head to the dining room for breakfast. So nice to be served! Tried the buffet, but it's a zoo. The dining room has every food imaginable, (you can mix and match!) and table service! Nice!

I plan on upping the distance on Oasis next month.

Oh, I guarantee that your distance will be "upped" on the Oasis...that's QUITE a bit of territory to cover! Easily done though during the early morning hours when there's not a lot of foot traffic around.

I look over and wake up the hubby, if he hasn't woken me up first....... Haha

Ha! ^^^This! I am always up before the hubs, on vacation especially! I wake him, put on a swim suit/cover up and flip flops and head to the MDR for breakfast with a previously packed beach bag :D

enjoy a nice sunrise and I usually like having breakfast in the MDR.

Me I set the alarm for 4.30am quick change then up to the pool deck and after a quick look around I put 4 towels each on 4 loungers even through there are only two of us so after using up the 16 towels on the best chairs I then head back to my cabin and back to bed.

At 9.30am I get up AGAIN and head down to the main dining room where I complain about everything until I get a offer of a free bottle of wine at diner.

Then back to the room for a 60 min rest before we head down to the front desk to complain about kids running around the ship last night at 8.30pm after I get a offer of a free meal at Chops I then head to the shops for free testers of after shave, I then have to quickly head up to the windjammer for my 1st lunch and then after a hour rest and head to the promenade café for a top up.

It's now 3.30pm I need to get up to MY LOUNGERS on to pool deck to get some rays.

After a rest we head down to the show where our friends have saved us 6 seats.

I love RCCL

Me I set the alarm for 4.30am quick change then up to the pool deck and after a quick look around I put 4 towels each on 4 loungers even through there are only two of us so after using up the 16 towels on the best chairs I then head back to my cabin and back to bed.

At 9.30am I get up AGAIN and head down to the main dining room where I complain about everything until I get a offer of a free bottle of wine at diner.

Then back to the room for a 60 min rest before we head down to the front desk to complain about kids running around the ship last night at 8.30pm after I get a offer of a free meal at Chops I then head to the shops for free testers of after shave, I then have to quickly head up to the windjammer for my 1st lunch and then after a hour rest and head to the promenade café for a top up.

It's now 3.30pm I need to get up to MY LOUNGERS on to pool deck to get some rays.

I love RCCL

Haha haha haha haha!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am usually awake by 4:30 when we cruise. I usually watch the sky and ocean from my bed - always cruise with a balcony. If there is an interesting sunrise from my view point, I will grab my camera and take a few pictures. Then I go back to bed, doze for a bit - checking out the view every 20 minutes or so. Somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00 am I get out of bed, step out onto the balcony and enjoy the ocean views. Then I get dressed; head out for that first cup of coffee. I enjoy my coffee, walk a mile or two on the promenade deck or the pool deck; have a second cup of coffee, then head back to the stateroom to wake up DH. We then decide about breakfast. If we are in port, we head to the Windjammer; at sea we order room service and enjoy breakfast on our balcony.

I love RCCL

WOW....I can tell you're a real class act.

Wow, so many early risers. We cruise for R & R and for us that means sleeping late. We never get to at home with a yellow lab for an alarm clock.

I would love to be able to sleep in. Body clock just never allows.... always wake up before the alarm. Ho Hum.