Is this true,,,,,,say it isnt so about the quantum

ante2001

No one knew your name even at the end of the cruise. There is a total loss of the personal touch, you are not special and they seem not to be tasked with making you feel that way. The loss of the main dining room is a big part of that and the rushed staff that just does not have the time to care for the guest. Adequate crew, No Belly Flop contest, Worlds Sexiest Man, Wine tastings, martini classes, beer tasting, drink special, Royal Caribbean singers & dancers, fair well show, 70's dance party, and many more missing things I can not list them all. This was a fail to me and I was disappointed in virtually all of the ship. We are scheduled on the Quantum and the Anthem and are already calling to cancel and get to a real Royal Ship not this new terrible excuse for a SHIP or buy a camper and watch other sail out. i guess they still met the WOW for me What Obtuse Waste. I am also a share holder and looking to dump the stock since the fleet is going this way. I guess the biggest miss for me is telling your crew here is a tablet and making it seem pretty clear they were not to think or act on their own any longer, the tablet decides how well you are treated.

No one knew your name even at the end of the cruise. There is a total loss of the personal touch, you are not special and they seem not to be tasked with making you feel that way. The loss of the main dining room is a big part of that and the rushed staff that just does not have the time to care for the guest. Adequate crew, No Belly Flop contest, Worlds Sexiest Man, Wine tastings, martini classes, beer tasting, drink special, Royal Caribbean singers & dancers, fair well show, 70's dance party, and many more missing things I can not list them all. This was a fail to me and I was disappointed in virtually all of the ship. We are scheduled on the Quantum and the Anthem and are already calling to cancel and get to a real Royal Ship not this new terrible excuse for a SHIP or buy a camper and watch other sail out. i guess they still met the WOW for me What Obtuse Waste. I am also a share holder and looking to dump the stock since the fleet is going this way. I guess the biggest miss for me is telling your crew here is a tablet and making it seem pretty clear they were not to think or act on their own any longer, the tablet decides how well you are treated.

Sorry I'm lost. I couldn't follow your post very well and didn't get the context, what you were saying or wanting etc.

:(

Yes there have been a few that thought DD and the new ship would be the end of RCI and that the stock would plummet. Funny how it's at an all time high and heading higher.:D

It appears the long time cruisers aren't going to stop bashing this new ship & RCCL. While it's not a ship I envision sailing on, people need to accept that RCCL is building these for the next generation of cruisers & their families, not those of us that have been cruising awhile.

Did anyone really think they added Cartoon Characters, Barbie, FloRiders, Carousels, Splash Zones, Zip Lines, & all that other stuff to entertain the old timers? They're doing everything they can to attract families & it's fine with them if we move on.

There are other choices. If you aren't happy, just go. The decisions have been made & complaining isn't going to change them.

I agree with you. After our Quantum cruise, we were missing the personal touch and attentive service that we've grown accustomed to on other ships. Dynamic Dining is not for us. There was a sore lack of activities, and many things I missed. Yes, the ship has the WOW factor and is beautifully appointed, but we will not cruise on her again.

It appears the long time cruisers aren't going to stop bashing this new ship & RCCL. While it's not a ship I envision sailing on, people need to accept that RCCL is building these for the next generation of cruisers & their families, not those of us that have been cruising awhile.

Did anyone really think they added Cartoon Characters, Barbie, FloRiders, Carousels, Splash Zones, Zip Lines, & all that other stuff to entertain the old timers? They're doing everything they can to attract families & it's fine with them if we move on.

There are other choices. If you aren't happy, just go. The decisions have been made & complaining isn't going to change them.

You could not have said it any better. There not marketing this ship to us old timers. I like there new concept and I cant wait to go on the Quantum. NCL has been very sucessfull in there Freestyle and so will RCCL be with this new ship. One thing you can be sure of change happens. I remember how many oldtimers told me they would never have a cell phone and all the elderly now have them.

I agree with you. After our Quantum cruise, we were missing the personal touch and attentive service that we've grown accustomed to on other ships. Dynamic Dining is not for us. There was a sore lack of activities, and many things I missed. Yes, the ship has the WOW factor and is beautifully appointed, but we will not cruise on her again.

""" like """

I think its important that we realize how technologically advanced our society is. Most kids nowadays (and people, like me, in their 20s or so), rely on technology in day to day life. RCCL is preparing for the next generation of families that will be coming up in the next decade or so. Although it sucks, change happens, and I will be there to see Royal go through it. :)

You started with "Is this true,,,,,,say it isnt so about the quantum"

Does that mean you haven't been on the ship yet?

im sorry I was in a rush when I posted this.I copied this from a review about the quantum that I read.I will be going on the Quantum December 12th and I enjoyed some of those things that were mentioned in the review.I was asking if the things really did get taken away

im sorry I was in a rush when I posted this.I copied this from a review about the quantum that I read.I will be going on the Quantum December 12th and I enjoyed some of those things that were mentioned in the review.I was asking if the things really did get taken away

Bizarre method to do that.

Always take reviews with a grain of salt, try it for yourself. It won't kill you. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree you have take reviews with a grain of salt. My take from the reviews were that this is a technology driven ship, I work with big implementation of systems so I know that there will be glitches. Sometimes to the point of backing out of it. Obviously the ship wasn't ready and the reviews are all about the technical and computer glitches that occurred. It will get fixed. It may take another month or so before everything is running smoothly.

In terms of the activities you listed, where is it written that all ships must have same activities? There are so many more activities on Quantum. I like the 70's party just as much as the other guy but how many more times can I listen to YMCA?

I am going to keep an open mind and make up my own mind when I cruise on the Anthem in 2016.

I don't take things that people say about things that did not please them on a ship as a complaint unless it's obviously written that way. It's good to be aware of what people liked and didn't like about these ships and cruises. My wife and I have 10 cruises under our belt and we've only been cruising for the past 11 years.

We were aboard the Quantum of the Seas for it's Maiden Voyage the week of November 2nd. I would not have flown to Europe just to cruise home so our group planned a week divided between Paris and London pre-cruise.

I liked the way things have been aboard all the other ships that we have sailed - the large dining room with pre-set dining times, being able to just walk into the show rooms early and take a seat, etc. The Quantum did away with all of that and I did not know what it was going to be like until after the cruise. I did not like the new dining arrangements with changing dining rooms each night. I had enjoyed getting to know the serving staff and having the same ones each night. It was nice being able to pop into the main dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you wanted to do that. This kind of dining does not exist on a ship with the new dining plan. Reservations have to be made for one of the restaurants each night and you have to make reservations for all the shows. I'm glad that I had a travel agent make all those reservations for me and I didn't have to deal with it. For months, on FaceBook, I kept reading about all the trouble people were having working all these reservations out for one reason or another. And then through some glitch, the reservations made would be lost and they would have to start all over. I can't imagine trying to work out all those reservations on a day that the ship is also in port. There were no ports on the maiden voyage and there were some problems for people.

Regardless of what you might think - this is NOT a complaint. I'm simply pointing out that things did happen and you do take it with a grain of salt.

It was also stated during the week that these changes were for the people that cruised a lot as RC was trying to make things new and interesting for the "full time" cruisers or those that cruise a lot. It was stated that those that cruise a lot were getting bored with the same way things had been done for years. I suppose that the thought is to be more attractive to the younger cruisers that are not so much into the formal dressing ideas.

I'm going to try to avoid sailing on a ship that has Dynamic Dining with all the dining reservations and show reservations. I also realize that when a big show such as Mamma Mia is performed on a ship - that was the show on Quantum - that some kind of reservations would be necessary for that.

It's been interesting to watch people get "attacked" that have pointed out anything that happened aboard the Maiden Voyage of Quantum that was considered not the best in their opinion. What I have said did not keep this cruise from being an amazing experience. It was. I now know that these new cruising idea are not to my liking and not to book a ship that operates that way.

Now - Having said that - I want to cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas and it operated just like I would like for a cruise to operate. I have heard that Freedom goes in to be reworked in January and this Dynamic Dining may or may not be implemented aboard Freedom. I hope not. My TA has told me that she will take care of all the reservations but that really doesn't make it the same as what I like. Oh well!!! :)

Nailed it! This is how I see it as well. Seasoned Royal cruisers expect this new class of ship to be everything they love about the other ships + more. It's pretty obvious from the reports back that this is a step function change. It's a different experience - by design.

I don't take things that people say about things that did not please them on a ship as a complaint unless it's obviously written that way. It's good to be aware of what people liked and didn't like about these ships and cruises. My wife and I have 10 cruises under our belt and we've only been cruising for the past 11 years.

We were aboard the Quantum of the Seas for it's Maiden Voyage the week of November 2nd. I would not have flown to Europe just to cruise home so our group planned a week divided between Paris and London pre-cruise.

I liked the way things have been aboard all the other ships that we have sailed - the large dining room with pre-set dining times, being able to just walk into the show rooms early and take a seat, etc. The Quantum did away with all of that and I did not know what it was going to be like until after the cruise. I did not like the new dining arrangements with changing dining rooms each night. I had enjoyed getting to know the serving staff and having the same ones each night. It was nice being able to pop into the main dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you wanted to do that. This kind of dining does not exist on a ship with the new dining plan. Reservations have to be made for one of the restaurants each night and you have to make reservations for all the shows. I'm glad that I had a travel agent make all those reservations for me and I didn't have to deal with it. For months, on FaceBook, I kept reading about all the trouble people were having working all these reservations out for one reason or another. And then through some glitch, the reservations made would be lost and they would have to start all over. I can't imagine trying to work out all those reservations on a day that the ship is also in port. There were no ports on the maiden voyage and there were some problems for people.

Regardless of what you might think - this is NOT a complaint. I'm simply pointing out that things did happen and you do take it with a grain of salt.

It was also stated during the week that these changes were for the people that cruised a lot as RC was trying to make things new and interesting for the "full time" cruisers or those that cruise a lot. It was stated that those that cruise a lot were getting bored with the same way things had been done for years. I suppose that the thought is to be more attractive to the younger cruisers that are not so much into the formal dressing ideas.

I'm going to try to avoid sailing on a ship that has Dynamic Dining with all the dining reservations and show reservations. I also realize that when a big show such as Mamma Mia is performed on a ship - that was the show on Quantum - that some kind of reservations would be necessary for that.

It's been interesting to watch people get "attacked" that have pointed out anything that happened aboard the Maiden Voyage of Quantum that was considered not the best in their opinion. What I have said did not keep this cruise from being an amazing experience. It was. I now know that these new cruising idea are not to my liking and not to book a ship that operates that way.

Now - Having said that - I want to cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas and it operated just like I would like for a cruise to operate. I have heard that Freedom goes in to be reworked in January and this Dynamic Dining may or may not be implemented aboard Freedom. I hope not. My TA has told me that she will take care of all the reservations but that really doesn't make it the same as what I like. Oh well!!! :)

Very well said! We were on the 3 night sampler and feel the same way. The ship is absolutely beautiful. However, we prefer the MDR to changing dining venues every night. And all the reservations, some that didn't work, are very frustrating. We prefer to cruise on a traditional cruise ship, MDR, sexy leg contest, interaction with the crew, etc. So we decided to cancel our April 12, 2015 on Quantum and get on Liberty in May. I'm sure once the kinks are worked out Quantum will be amazing, but she's just not for us. Happy cruising everyone no matter what ship you are on, a day at sea is better then a day at work :D

Future Cruises:

RCCL-Liberty of the Seas – Bermuda/Caribbean – 2015

RCCL-Liberty of the Seas – Canada & New England - 2015

RCCL-Diamond Plus

Celebrity-Elite

Norwegian-Silver

Holland-Star Mariner

The Seas are Calling….

Yes there have been a few that thought DD and the new ship would be the end of RCI and that the stock would plummet. Funny how it's at an all time high and heading higher.:D
Yes, but if RCI keeps cutting costs they shouldn't, and worries more about it's stock price than how treating it's customers, it will plummet.

You've got to change with the flow. When I started cruising ships were small and one could walk the entire length in about 5 minutes--nothing exciting about that. The band was comprised of a trio (Maiorani trio-still have the lp) who played/sang beautiful love songs, mostly Italian. There was the midnight buffet(s), special requests cooked at your table by the MD, dancing and singing every nite in the MDR, loved the flambé Baked Alaska tradition, nightly nationality dishes--all of these are gone little by little, and will never come back.

You probably could eat in one restaurant only and request the same waiter if you care to wait, and establish some sort of friendship/rapport. I remember my first cruise on the Oceanic, we had to rent/pay for our chaise lounges. We developed what we thought a close relationship with the pool attendant. It shocked us that at the end of the cruise, he couldn't give the time of day. We were strangers. Hey, but he was Italian. LOL

Why did you quote someone else and not say you were quoting? And why did you choose to quote only a negative review? I read all reviews then experience something myself and make up my own mind.

When I sail on the Quantum in February I expect it to be a new experience. I am really looking forward to the ship itself and the shows. I am a little hesitant about the dining, but I think it will be like any other vacation where I choose a different restaurant each night. Only after I go will I know whether I want to do it again.

I would expect a brand new ship with a brand new crew to have growing pains. The first several cruises they are not going to have it all together. There is a steep learning curve for everything. Did you have your job down pat on the first day? I sure didn't.

I think Royal is smart to try something new. I expect they will tweak the activity offerings and the menus as they find out what works and what doesn't. If companies don't innovate, they stagnate and grow stale. I like the fact that each ship, even in the same class, has a different vibe. That way I get to stay with Royal yet have a different experience each time.

Why did you quote someone else and not say you were quoting? And why did you choose to quote only a negative review? I read all reviews then experience something myself and make up my own mind.

When I sail on the Quantum in February I expect it to be a new experience. I am really looking forward to the ship itself and the shows. I am a little hesitant about the dining, but I think it will be like any other vacation where I choose a different restaurant each night. Only after I go will I know whether I want to do it again.

I would expect a brand new ship with a brand new crew to have growing pains. The first several cruises they are not going to have it all together. There is a steep learning curve for everything. Did you have your job down pat on the first day? I sure didn't.

I think Royal is smart to try something new. I expect they will tweak the activity offerings and the menus as they find out what works and what doesn't. If companies don't innovate, they stagnate and grow stale. I like the fact that each ship, even in the same class, has a different vibe. That way I get to stay with Royal yet have a different experience each time.

I agree that sometimes you need to "step outside of the box" and be open to change. Having said that, I have read many negative reviews about the Quantum, but believe that the bugs must be worked out. We are sailing on her in March and I will make my personal decision about keeping my reservation on the Anthem. Ships need to evolve as do people. We need to be open to change- We cruise at least three times a year and have sailed on the Summit four times to Bermuda in August. We do enjoy the ship- but have decided it is time to change and are trying NCL to Bermuda next August instead.

Edited by Cruise a holic