Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Do you know if NCL will be adopting the wrist bands that RCI are going to use on the Quantum of the Seas? :confused:

Royal Caribbean’s upcoming Quantum of the Seas ship will feature RFID “WOWband” wristbands, giving passengers access to their onboard accounts to make purchases, help navigate the ship, and act as a room key.

Being as they are all being made in the same ship yard I wondered if this might be the case. Personally I much prefer the existing set up with the cards. :cool:

Do you know if NCL will be adopting the wrist bands that RCI are going to use on the Quantum of the Seas? :confused:

Being as they are all being made in the same ship yard I wondered if this might be the case. Personally I much prefer the existing set up with the cards. :cool:

Anything's possible, but it's unlikely. NCL experimented with RFID bands for the lockers in the spa onboard Breakaway, and it was a constant source of headaches and problems. NCL brought back the more traditional digital combination locks for Getaway.

I certainly hope not. Disney is having a huge problem with their bands. If they haven't spent so much money, I'm sure they would have nixed it by now :rolleyes:

I certainly hope not. Disney is having a huge problem with their bands. If they haven't spent so much money, I'm sure they would have nixed it by now :rolleyes:

I have had no problems with the bands. It was easy and convenient and perfectly integrated with the My Disney Experience App. I will admit to having to hold it at an odd angle when using as a room key, but, I attributed that to my own preference to wear it a little loose, so it didn't line up properly when holding my wrist level with the scanner.

It would not bother me at all if NCL adapted the technology to use with the iConcierge app.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

I have had no problems with the bands. It was easy and convenient and perfectly integrated with the My Disney Experience App. I will admit to having to hold it at an odd angle when using as a room key, but, I attributed that to my own preference to wear it a little loose, so it didn't line up properly when holding my wrist level with the scanner.

It would not bother me at all if NCL adapted the technology to use with the iConcierge app.

Agree; we thought the wrist bands at Disney were great. No problems for us.:)

Agree; we thought the wrist bands at Disney were great. No problems for us.:)

I haven't had any problems either, but that's not what she said. She said DISNEY was having huge problems with the bands. I have read the same. Lots of problems that are mostly invisible to the band wearer.

I'm considering going next December 12th; like everyone else I am eager to see what new things there will be. Glad there will be more (83) studios.

It seems that Grammy Experience and Fat Cat's are returning? (i thought i glanced at the plans listed but apologize if I was wrong)

I am curious how this will be different than the Getaway; do they both take the same route??I was considering doing the getaway as well at some point.

I'm considering going next December 12th; like everyone else I am eager to see what new things there will be. Glad there will be more (83) studios.

It seems that Grammy Experience and Fat Cat's are returning? (i thought i glanced at the plans listed but apologize if I was wrong)

I am curious how this will be different than the Getaway; do they both take the same route??I was considering doing the getaway as well at some point.

Getaway is moving to western Caribbean when Escape arrives to take over its eastern route.

Are you saying it might have both Fat Cats AND Grammy Experience? That would be nice! Right now it's one or the other on GA and BA, since they are located in the same spot. The more music venues the better.

We are booked on the December 12th sailing :)

I don't recall seeing any mention of the entertainment yet.

I hope this is the right thread for some photos directly from the yard.

Construction of Norwegian Escape will start in front of Anthem of the Seas in Meyer Werft's larger building dock soon. Keel laying should be done in near future.

Yes! This is the right thread .

Thank You !

and looking forward to more photos.

Thanks again !

The journey has started! Steel construction of Norwegian Escape has started in Meyer Werft, Papenburg.

Her main engines were delivered last week and are already mounted into the blocks.

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the photo. I was in a hurry this morning at the ship yard, but will try and do better on thursday. ;)

fb53c078e2451a0272473c6ad9c0dc65.jpg

The journey has started! Steel construction of Norwegian Escape has started in Meyer Werft, Papenburg.

Her main engines were delivered last week and are already mounted into the blocks.

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the photo. I was in a hurry this morning at the ship yard, but will try and do better on thursday. ;)

fb53c078e2451a0272473c6ad9c0dc65.jpg

So exciting, thanks for posting! :)

With such a large number of additional Haven suites, it will be interesting to see if the Haven lower courtyard gets too crowded. On the Getaway during the summer the lower courtyard was often filled by early afternoon on sea days; it would be disappointing if you now needed to claim your seats in the early in the morning.

With such a large number of additional Haven suites, it will be interesting to see if the Haven lower courtyard gets too crowded. On the Getaway during the summer the lower courtyard was often filled by early afternoon on sea days; it would be disappointing if you now needed to claim your seats in the early in the morning.

Interesting point. They've doubled the number of Haven guests, but seemingly have left the haven leisure space the same...

Interesting point. They've doubled the number of Haven guests, but seemingly have left the haven leisure space the same...

No where near doubled. They added maybe 20% to the Haven area but if you take the total suites with Haven access it is perhaps 10%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

No where near doubled. They added maybe 20% to the Haven area but if you take the total suites with Haven access it is perhaps 10%.

Jim, Have you heard how much of the extra Deck is going to be Haven and how much will be Solo cabins?

Mandy

Jim, Have you heard how much of the extra Deck is going to be Haven and how much will be Solo cabins?

Mandy

I have heard no formal details. If you look at the limited deck-plans buy moving the restaurant to deck 18 it frees up space to extend the courtyard. Hopefully more details will be coming soon.

I have heard no formal details. If you look at the limited deck-plans buy moving the restaurant to deck 18 it frees up space to extend the courtyard. Hopefully more details will be coming soon.

If the courtyard is on deck 17, what is in all the open middle space on deck 18? I thought that was the courtyard, which would match deck 16 on the Getaway.

We are booked on the December 12th sailing :)

I don't recall seeing any mention of the entertainment yet.

I might do that week as well- I think I did Epic 12/15; it is less expensive than the following week.

To answer another post, I thought I counted around 83 studios.

Although I am closer to NYC (going on the Breakaway in 4-5 weeks- 90 minutes away in Jersey) I got a greater feeling of escape (no pun intended) leaving from Miami