Thank you if you felt you had to bring booze onboard in water bottles

I think it was great....now we can order cheap water and not have to carry it on the ship....:)

I am right there with you. We carried on bottled water before and it was a big pain. Now, we just order it and it is there in the room waiting when we arrive. No more lugging water or drinks around. The cost is not that much difference either and my back thanks me.

Wow someone is really late to the party. This was discussed how long ago and we just now decide to revive it. Not trying to be rude but can we please quit beating dead horses on these boards.

Smoking-dead

Smuggling- dead

FTTF- dead

Please for the love of God stop already. If you have a question please ask but to complain about the same things over and over SMH.

Propping balcony doors open -- dead

Service Animals -- dead

Cloth tablecloths -- dead

T-shirts/flip-flops on elegant night -- dead

CC is littered with the carcasses of horses that have been oh-so-severely beaten.

I for one appreciate the change. On my last cruise, I got through security in record time. I attribute that to port security workers not having to pull every bottle out of the package and shake each one individually.

$3.99 for a 12-pack of water and it is in my room when I arrive versus purchasing my own and having to carry it around? Yes please.

If you think bringing alcohol on in water bottle is the reason you can no longer bring water I have to say you might be a little naive. Carnival most likely saw that many, many people where bringing on bottled water and saw a way to make more money. Why would they not want to charge for water when they know tons of people are bringing it on. Even at the lower cost of the water they are making money off of this.

Naive spelled backward is....Evian.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow someone is really late to the party. This was discussed how long ago and we just now decide to revive it. Not trying to be rude but can we please quit beating dead horses on these boards.

Smoking-dead

Smuggling- dead

FTTF- dead

Please for the love of God stop already. If you have a question please ask but to complain about the same things over and over SMH.

Instead, read a review, copy the whole thing, paste with "good review".

I'm guessing you mean by controlling alcoholics that they can't smuggle much anymore?

But those buying a Cheers pkg can drink at least 3/4 quart of booze a day, they simply have to pay for it.

(1 and 1/2 oz of booze per drink times 15 or 16 drink limit is 24 oz. 24 oz is 3/4 of 32 oz. which equals a quart.}

Okay, that was child's play back in my own (alcoholic) drinking days.

Carnival just wants the $$$$.

We drink more moonshine for lunch.

Bringing soda, pop, aka coke on board in bottles instead of cans. Would rather have a bottle which I could re-seal.

you can always bring an empty bottle with you. that is what i do.....2 cases of soda.....one for me, one for my wife......and two empty bottles to fill from the cans once on board. no problems whatsoever taking an empty bottle on board.

If you think bringing alcohol on in water bottle is the reason you can no longer bring water I have to say you might be a little naive. Carnival most likely saw that many, many people where bringing on bottled water and saw a way to make more money. Why would they not want to charge for water when they know tons of people are bringing it on. Even at the lower cost of the water they are making money off of this.

completely disagree. if it was about trying to squeeze more profit out of someone they would have banned cans as well. btw, water that is brought in a can is allowed on board.....it's only the bottles with a mysterious liquid inside that is banned. you may think me naive......i on the other hand think you may be a conspiracy theorist.

I'm guessing you mean by controlling alcoholics that they can't smuggle much anymore?

But those buying a Cheers pkg can drink at least 3/4 quart of booze a day, they simply have to pay for it.

(1 and 1/2 oz of booze per drink times 15 or 16 drink limit is 24 oz. 24 oz is 3/4 of 32 oz. which equals a quart.}

Okay, that was child's play back in my own (alcoholic) drinking days.

Carnival just wants the $$$$.

if you really want to stick it to carnival, just don't drink on a cruise. :D

you can always bring an empty bottle with you. that is what i do.....2 cases of soda.....one for me, one for my wife......and two empty bottles to fill from the cans once on board. no problems whatsoever taking an empty bottle on board.

Interesting idea. Does the soda stay freshish?

Interesting idea. Does the soda stay freshish?

absolutely. i usually open a new can, pour it into my bottle and then go to the movie on deck. close the bottle and put it back in the fridge when going to bed and bring it back out in the morning for a smoke and light reading on deck in the morning. no different than soda that started out in a bottle and no fizz lost.

if you really want to stick it to carnival, just don't drink on a cruise. :D

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had an alcoholic drink on a cruise yet.

I stopped boozing in 1984, long before I started cruising in 2003.

Is this really a problem? They'll deliver a 12 pack of 16 ounce bottles to your cabin for $2.99. IMHO that's better than carrying your own on.

The price has already risen to $3.99, I expect that trend will continue.....time will tell, as it always does. :)

for anyone who wants to being canned water on board.....which would certainly be legal to do.....here you go, but it much more expensive than carnival's bottled water.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Can-Premium-Emergency-Drinking/dp/B00M9O9HTK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_468_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51BhAMJrHnL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=06F6A5EAYEDCEDV38TBC

Edited by Computer Nerd

I believe it has now gone to 3.99/12 pack. We preordered 24 before last cruise. Then we had the two big bottles for being platinum . Thank goodness. Water on the dream was so nasty.

In 22 cruises only twice has the water been nasty. Years ago out of Galveston and recently on dream out of New Orleans .

It is easier to buy the water than haul it, but still sad if someone wants to be a pack mule they can't .lol

No cruise line that I am aware of has an interdict on bringing onboard limited quantities of bottled water and soda. It is not about the money from water, it is about the use of bottles to smuggle alcohol onboard and the time it takes to check each bottle coming through security (and remember, it's not just bottled water that you can't bring onboard, it's bottled soda also but you can still bring cans onboard).

If CCL really wanted to make money on their water sales they would charge $70-something a case like NCL does (1.5 liter bottles but still...).