Big GAP-Elite Plus at 750, then Zenith at 3,000.

jruben18

Clearly Celebrity does a great job with Captain's Club. And, I am sure they have thought through the Club Points needed for advancement to a higher level quite carefully. From my admittedly biased standpoint, the gap between Elite Plus and Zenith seems huge. I understand that the Zenith benefits are generous and the number of Zeniths should be limited. But should there be an Elite Plus Plus somewhere in between 750 and 3,000 points? Even a firm handshake at let's say 2,000?

To review: Classic requires 2-149 Club Points, Select 150-299, Elite 300-749, Elite Plus 750-2,999 then Zenith.

Clearly Celebrity does a great job with Captain's Club. And, I am sure they have thought through the Club Points needed for advancement to a higher level quite carefully. From my admittedly biased standpoint, the gap between Elite Plus and Zenith seems huge. I understand that the Zenith benefits are generous and the number of Zeniths should be limited. But should there be an Elite Plus Plus somewhere in between 750 and 3,000 points? Even a firm handshake at let's say 2,000?

To review: Classic requires 2-149 Club Points, Select 150-299, Elite 300-749, Elite Plus 750-2,999 then Zenith.

Right now we have 954 points which puts us firmly at Elite+ and unless I live to 200 or we hit the lottery I cannot see us advancing any higher even if they add an interim level.

We have sailed Celebrity twice this year for a total of 42 points at that rate and needing over 2000 points to become Zenith - it will never happen. Even if they added something at 2,000, we will never get there.

...it can not be hard to add a couple of perks! On the whole those of us who get to Elite Plus (after next cruise) are a loyal and fairly easily pleased bunch.

I would be happy if an Elite plus, plus just gave me a set amount of OBC on every cruise I booked as a perk in addition to any deal I found. Or free excursions to a value of....or a couple of free speciality meals. OK I would even settle for a bit more laundry....

As the previous post said, short of winning the lottery Zenith is not going to happen.

You know even a lapel pin after another 10 cruises would be better than nothing...

A while back someone, ohh wish I could remember there name, called in Zen. I loved it. Zen, the perfect balanced harmony between Elite Plus and Zenith.

I like those ideas, free specialty or OBC. Here have an extra 50 to spend on board! I think 100 would be nice.

So what perks should be added at a proposed "Zen" level?

knowing that OBC isn't an option, since Zeniths don't get it even.

I see most of the Capatins club perks to be worthless these days, but for the laundry and internet (and sometimes don't even find internet of "value".)

My last 2 cruises, I didn't use 1 single coupon from my ElitePlus perks. I had drink package, upgraded to premium so no need for the coffee cappuccino or wine discounts.

Persian gardens only applies in port till 1 pm daily now.

gelato, whatever....ice cream is free elsewhere anyway.

I just don't know what perks could come into play that are meaningful...

Edited by cle-guy

Complimentary 200-minute Internet package

Two complimentary bags of laundry (wash, dry, fold)

Complimentary dry cleaning of one item

ME LIKE FLUFF!

Suggested perk for the "Near God" level- more internet, Complimentary Bistro...

What I;m asking is for a realistic idea....Realistic meaning we have to accept that the lower level won't have all the the perks a zenith gets, and certainly not perks better than a zenith, and since Zenith don't get Specialty dining (just 25% off), OBC or Bistro, that makes them impractical suggestions.

So do we say 300 internet minutes? 3 bags of laundry? 10% off Specialty Dining?

Internet, I see it coming down to $15 a day with a year or so like RCL's mega ships as they expand capacity, so I look for a real overhaul on internet rates and perks.

What would be a Practical perk for the mid level.

Edited by cle-guy

We won't even hit (lowly) Elite till after our Alaska cruise in May :o and I'm grateful that there is a reward program at all, and will be happy with any perks as we will have gotten to Elite part way with the old program and mostly with the new Captains Club program. Not easy to achieve these days.

Why should a business try to find a way to have to spend additional costs to give away something to people - who at Elite Plus have already demonstrated their loyalty? They already KNOW that they got you. So you want them to believe that in order to receive a free lapel "Zen" pin that you'll cruise more often to get one?

And if they announced tomorrow the new "level" of Zen - and offered that lapel pin - people would be hopping mad that it wasn't something more.

I hope for those of you that long for a level between Elite+ and Zenith get something but if the days comes that you do -- I just see a whole lot of complaining. :cool:

As you say lots of changes have happened, drinks packages, Internet....perhaps all level perks could do with an overhaul. I think the only Elite coupon most of us really do value is the laundry!

Perhaps OBC could then be considered. Or free photographs, that was one perk I quite liked on RCCL!

On the post re Celebrity's increased involvement I did suggest some sort of survey for Captains Club members.

Perhaps now members would like things like a discount to upgrade from classic to select drink packages, speciality dining will always be popular for a reduction/freebie.

As a regular suite guest I am aware that even these suggestions may not give me much but sometimes it is not about getting a 'thing'.

A 'Zen' cocktail party or something would be nice, an opportunity to meet fellow X regulars.

A sea day speciality champagne afternoon tea for elite plus and above?

A photograph taken on a bridge tour....

How hard can it be to provide some little 'thank you' treats for valued customers!

I am fine with it being suite perks, my benefits are usually worth less because we stay in suites and have packages. But this may not always be the case. I figure after semi retirement I may not be in suites as frequently and that would make them more valuable to me.

And why not give Zenith an extra $100 to spend when they board? I am not sure it is that impractical. Its all in house anyway and they can even limit to the bigger profit centers.

No its not imperative to have Zen but its a cute idea and there is a boredom factor at play sometimes. Must every cruise be with X? This is our questions.

I think cruise lines never get everyone forever, but they sure got a big run from Classic to Elite Plus, when we get to about 1000 points by the end of the year.

Possibly, a complimentary Michaels event per cruise. Or special event for Zen and Zenith.

We have been Elite for 6 years, Elite Plus once added. Most regular X cruisers have done the Elite Tea, back stage tour, wine tasting many times. Maybe just a change of offerings. We no longer go to any of these events. We do enjoy Elite happy Hour, laundry and internet minutes.

We are Elite Plus @ 1966 points & while we love the perks at least the Internet minutes @ 240 min each & the 4 bags of laundry it just seemed a little excessive on a 6 night repositioning cruise, it is great on a 14 night cruise however We think one specialty dining would be the way to go. Just because we at Elite Plus.

The one great thing about Elite Plus is Cafe El Bacio.

Edited by If only

No more laundry. Please.

Also no lapel pins, or other such trinkets, please.

(When we received lapel pins on another line, they went right into the trash.)

Instead of more laundry coupons, maybe provide upgraded higher quality laundry service such as proper ironing of items that need ironing, rather than putting them on those big pressing machines.

- A credit towards a future cruise each time a cruise is taken would be my first suggestion.

That would give Zen passengers an incentive to stick with X instead of booking with another cruise line.

(It should have no restrictions, so you can combine it with other offers.)

- Selection of one additional perk would be my second suggestion,

so you could book a discounted price category that comes with no perks at all and still get to pick a perk,

or book "big" and get the "better" perks.

Other ideas that have been previously suggested for Zen level (half of Zenith):

- some type of stateroom category upgrade beyond what is currently offered, or reduced price upsell

- Classic or non-alcoholic drink package at Zen level, since they give premium drink package at Zenith level

- free shore excursions on a space available basis, or reduced prices on shore excursions

- access to Michael's Club (variable depending on number of Zens onboard)

- ability to visit other X and RCI ships docked at the same port (the way that crew members do)

- no charge to watch pay movies in cabin

- coupon for some free photos

- coupon for free specialty restaurant meal

- free access to some of the special extra charge events or programs offered on your cruise

Edited by fleckle

Frankly I think the Elite Plus benefits should be increased. As an Elite I don't see a lot of incentive to work toward the +.

I agree with this statement. We will reach Elite Plus in 2016, but I've noticed there isn't much difference in the perks. I fact, I'm not really sure what extra we will get when we reach the exalted level of Elite Plus that we aren't enjoying right now at Elite.