Help me decide

carbon

Serenade April 8, 2016 10 nights ports(Tortola, St Kitts, Dominica, St Johns, St Martin).

$3008

Serenade April 18, 2016 11 night ports(Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, St Johns).

$4179

Big difference in price. Any suggestions which is better.

Edited by carbon

I had to make that same decision last year. I wanted the 11 night cruise but back then the difference made a difference, $200 extra per person. For one night I didn't think it was worth it.

So, join us on our established roll call. Would love to have you on board.

I would choose the April 8th cruise. The ports are great, the price is chepaer overall and there may be fewer kids as it is neither Easter week nor Northest school vacation week, which the second cruise is.

Have a great trip no matter which cruise you choose. They are both great.

Thanks , now we also considering the Oasis Western April 9th or Allure Eastern April 10.

Any additional thoughts. We sailed Oasis once before.

Now the braodway is CATS and Allure is Chicago.

Serenade April 8, 2016 10 nights ports(Tortola, St Kitts, Dominica, St Johns, St Martin).

$3008

Serenade April 18, 2016 11 night ports(Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, St Johns).

$4179

I also had this decision - chose the 10 day one - solo rate made the 11 too expensive but I would have preferred it. Friends did it this year and thought it was great. Guess I should join roll call!

$3008

$4179

The April 8 cruise. Both are excellent, but Tortola and Dominica are my 2 favorite Caribbean islands. Plus, I was just in Bonaire for a couple days and that is an excellent port to rent a car and drive the island. The price difference would seal the deal for me.

Thanks , now we also considering the Oasis Western April 9th or Allure Eastern April 10.

Any additional thoughts. We sailed Oasis once before.

Now the braodway is CATS and Allure is Chicago.

Well, Serenade is all about the ports, and Oasis/Allure is all about the ship.

We don't care for Radiance class ships, and thought that the entertainment was uninspired/boring especially compared to Oasis class ships. But on a port intensive itinerary, it really didn't matter than much.

Edited by DonnaK

$3008

$4179

I was gonna say #2 until I saw the price difference. I think the ports on that route are much more exotic and interesting. If you'd be willing to downgrade your room and get the second route cheaper, that's what I'd do, especially if you like culture or water activities.

I booked the April 8th, we have not been to 3 of the ports and less days off from work.

Tortola, St Kitts, and Dominica. What are the highlights of those ports.

Thanks!

We loved Carambola Beach Club in St Kitts. It was beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. However, more recent reviews make it sound like it may have went downhill. I hope not!

When we went to Tortola, we took an excursion to the Baths at Virgin Gorda. Stunning! It's my favorite port and I would love to go back.

Sounds like a fabulous cruise!

Wow! We booked the 11 day for April 18 before the BOGO started. We got the cheapest balcony on Deck 7 for $2800. Glad I booked when I did, and I got $200 OBC from Royal, and $250 from my TA. We would never be able to afford it for that they are charging now.

I know it is crazy, we went with the 10 day due to cost and less vacation days from work.

I have not done 3 of these ports tortola, st Kitts and Dominica so looking for advice on what to do in these ports.

I know it is crazy, we went with the 10 day due to cost and less vacation days from work.

I have not done 3 of these ports tortola, st Kitts and Dominica so looking for advice on what to do in these ports.

If you like beaches, try Cockleshell Beach in St. Kitts. Beautiful view with Nevis in the background.

When in Tortola, you have to go to the Baths at Virgin Gorda! Stunning. Perhaps my favorite excursion to date.

I prefer the Radiance class anyway, but I cruise for ports, not to stay on the ship.

Edited by sr4mjc

Any ideas for Dominica?

Google Sheppee Tours. Their "Pirates of the Caribbean Tour" was a hilight of my recent 5 port sailing on Legend. The snorkeling at Champagne Reef was superb and the Titou Gorge is awesome (youtube Titou Gorge and that could be you!!!)! I feel that a waterproof camera for this day is an absolute must. Have a great cruise! :D