When & Where LGBT

muenchner

There wasn't anything listed on the dailies when we were on the Eurodam in December. IIRC, the only groups listed were the Card Players and Friends of Bill W. The new format of the daily programs is more compact and there appeared to be more information about events on the interactive TV.

Sometimes you may find that events are listed on the navigator site that on the paper daily programme.

On at least one recent cruise, the LGBT gathering was in the printed program on embarkation day, and we just continued to gather at the same time and location thereafter.

Is there no LGBT in the daily program any longer?

Wie gehts!

LGBT meetings or get-togethers were mentioned in the daily sheet on the E'dam in January. It may depend if someone takes the initiative and asks them to announce them. I also noticed the "Friends of Bill" announcements for AA meetings. Again, I don't know whether those are cruise-line sponsored or if an individual passenger or crew member is responsible.

I take personal responsibility for a "Bloody Mary Meeting" every morning at 9:00 at the Seaview Bar- aft pool. No invitation needed and by cruise end, very well attended!

Thanks for your kind answers. I had only seen photos of new programs on which the meeting was no longer noted. We make a transatlantic cruise in the fall. On our last trips we always enjoyed the meeting.

...It may depend if someone takes the initiative and asks them to announce them...

This is good to know. We are taking a multi-generation cruise to Alaska in June 2018 and our son, who is gay, is joining us. Hopefully, it will be in the daily program.

Our December cruise might have been an outlier. I just chalked it up to the new compact daily programs.

HAL's daily program has recently changed again, btw. On Amsterdam, until 29 APR, it was a 2-page, back to back, fold-out by the name of "Daily Navigator." The following day, on 30 APR, it was still a 2-page, back to back, fold -out but had a name change to "When & Where"

The plot thickens: One 23 May, the name was back to "Daily Navigator," still a 2-page, back-to-back, fold-out

But wait, there's more: On 05 June, it was called "When & Where" once again and another page was added, making it a 3-page, back-to-back, fold-out

"Friends of Bill" meetings were daily at 4:00 PM in the Pinnacle Grill and LGBT meets were daily at 7:30 PM in the Ocean Bar or Crow's Nest

HAL's daily program has recently changed again, btw. On Amsterdam, until 29 APR, it was a 2-page, back to back, fold-out by the name of "Daily Navigator." The following day, on 30 APR, it was still a 2-page, back to back, fold -out but had a name change to "When & Where"

The plot thickens: One 23 May, the name was back to "Daily Navigator," still a 2-page, back-to-back, fold-out

But wait, there's more: On 05 June, it was called "When & Where" once again and another page was added, making it a 3-page, back-to-back, fold-out

"Friends of Bill" meetings were daily at 4:00 PM in the Pinnacle Grill and LGBT meets were daily at 7:30 PM in the Ocean Bar or Crow's Nest

Welcome back! I still miss the old format with the tear off sheet on the third panel. It was really handy. We used to highlight what we wanted to do each day.

Welcome back! I still miss the old format with the tear off sheet on the third panel. It was really handy. We used to highlight what we wanted to do each day.

Know what you mean. I remember the days in the 90ties when it was called "Dagelijks Nieuws," Daily News in Dutch

Both LGBT and Friends of Bill were in daily program on Westerdam last week.

I was just on a 24 day Northern Europe cruise on the Zuiderdam - the LGBT gathering was listed every day in the daily program, different times, different venues.

They had the meetings on the Zuiderdam on our Panama Canal cruise in February. Unfortunately they were not at a convenient time for us (7:30) since we had second seating dinner. We did meet a few folks at the first couple and enjoyed seeing them around the ship the rest of the cruise, but we gave up going since we did not have time to enjoy them.

Has anyone wondered why HAL schedules an LGBT gathering daily, but schedules a Veterans gathering maybe once a cruise or twice on cruises of more than 30 days?

Ask HAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone wondered why HAL schedules an LGBT gathering daily, but schedules a Veterans gathering maybe once a cruise or twice on cruises of more than 30 days?

I agree. We do dinner at 7:30 in PG every night so bad timIng. One cruise scheduled it at 6 in the Pinnacle Bar and was busy every night.

Sometimes they set it at 7:30 in Crows Nest- about as far as you can get from restaurants.