Non-neutral handbag

I am yearning for a colourful handbag. Orange, or sky blue, or purple. This is pretty illogical of me. I have one handbag I use all the time. Whatever season, whatever colour. Yes I have carried camel in the dead of winter in a blizzard :) That was my handbag at the time, so I carried it :)

So.... if you have a brightly coloured handbag, is it the one you use all the time? Or do you regularly change your handbag, so maybe every few days you carry a different one?

If you carry a coloured handbag all the time (as I would be doing), what colour?

Odd question, I know. I'm having a hard time talking myself out of this!

I usually avoid patterned purses.

I've carried purses in yellow, brown, green, pink, red, blue, purple and other colors. Never cared if it went with my outfit or not. Only change it out when I need a different size.

My cruise purses are yellow, green and chocolate brown.

Get something that makes you happy!

Edited by SadieN

Are you asking about daily or for travel/cruises? I have a couple patterned Le Sportsac bags I like for travel but for daily use I tend to use solid colored leather - and I change every month or so. I have a couple that are cherry red, hunter green, black, brown, purple (have been using that since mid-June and am about to swap out).

My only "designer" purse is a bright purple Coach bag that caught my eye in TJ Maxx. I'm not sure why, I usually go for utilitarian stuff (Baggallini). It's very eye-catching and I get a lot of compliments from other women, but I'm pretty confident that at least half of them are thinking "good god, that's hideous" while murmuring something polite.

(I believe the color was called "ultraviolet".)

Upside of getting older--don't care so much what other people think. :)

Edit: the bag in question looks just like this one:

http://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2015/05/17/5558e19bb5643e6ee600b5ac/m_5558e19bb5643e6ee600b5ad.jpg

Edited by AdoraBelle

Are you asking about daily or for travel/cruises? I have a couple patterned Le Sportsac bags I like for travel but for daily use I tend to use solid colored leather - and I change every month or so. I have a couple that are cherry red, hunter green, black, brown, purple (have been using that since mid-June and am about to swap out).

For daily use. Which will also be my cruise bag -- one bag, every day. I do have an evening bag that I take, but this is for my utilitarian, everyday bag.

My only "designer" purse is a bright purple Coach bag that caught my eye in TJ Maxx. I'm not sure why, I usually go for utilitarian stuff (Baggallini). It's very eye-catching and I get a lot of compliments from other women, but I'm pretty confident that at least half of them are thinking "good god, that's hideous" while murmuring something polite.

(I believe the color was called "ultraviolet".)

Upside of getting older--don't care so much what other people think. :)

Edit: the bag in question looks just like this one:

http://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2015/05/17/5558e19bb5643e6ee600b5ac/m_5558e19bb5643e6ee600b5ad.jpg

That is EXACTLY the purple I'm thinking about .... I love it! Good work :)

If the bag fits YOUR needs, use it!:D If the color works for you, if the size & shape & storage etc are what you want - that's all that matters!

I actually love a colored bag because I wear so much black. It's much easier & preferable for me to add color in accessories and keep my clothing to black. That goes for daily or travel :p

PS That Coach bag is slightly lighter than the Tignanello purple bag I've had a few years ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Color is really unimportant! If you like it, and it works for you...carry it proudly! You do NOT need to "match" handbag to anything!

Match, no, but avoid clashing, yes, IMO!

I love a colored bag -- I think mustard is a good choice because it is a little like gold, which I consider pretty neutral. Even so, I would probably NOT carry a mustard bag if I were wearing bright red -- hate red and yellow together. But that is my personal preference. For me burgundy/dark red is also pretty neutral. I guess neutral for me is what doesn't clash with the colors I wear, and that is what differs for each person.

My most beloved bag was a smallish shoulder bag in a faux lizard pattern in metallic pale greenish turquoise. Carried it with everything!

Right now I have a gray crossbody bag, but I have in the past had bright green, pink, mustard yellow. Orange strikes my fancy when I see it right now.

My pink one was a favorite with a co-worker, so when I retired 3 years ago, I gave it to her. I had stopped using it. I tend to get my bags at places like TJMax, Marshalls, or Ross, or great dept store sale. I use it till it dies, or I get tired of it. Not a changer of purses. Other than small dinner bags, etc.

Love this question. Something I spend a lot of time thinking about[emoji854] Also love the answers. The purple bag is so pretty and the compliments are well-deserved! Very interested in the banana yellow bag.

I have a tiny Coach with fish appliqués I love to use on cruises. Very pleased to carry my huge Spartina with a tiny cruise ship and GA and Fl beach pictures to Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love purses like other women love shoes. I change them out frequently and am always on the lookout for (non-designer) bags at an affordable price. Presently I am using a Guess Shiri Mini cross-body bag that my DH bought for me on one of our cruises! It has traveled all over with me but I fear I may need to retire it soon as it is showing the dirt (but is in very good shape otherwise).

I would love to pull the trigger and buy a colorful bag... maybe I will look for a nice one as summer comes to an end and the fall stuff is coming out now. :)

I think I was born a hippie because I really hate to carry a bag. If I do, it's typically one of a "peace" pattern, or "Mother Earth" pattern. I have DH carry my gloss and shades in his jacket most of the time, but if I really, really have to carry a nice bag, I like the Tiganello line of bags, of which I have a few.

Puter and silver are great neutrals that go with just about anything.

Because I wear black, white and gray most of the time I love my red, blue, orange, green and multi handbags. I have Dooneys in all colors as well as other fine leathers and have been buying two or three a year for ages as it is one of my addictions.

Guest maddycat

I have a deep green Coach leather bag that I bought 3 years ago at their outlet. I love it. It's large, light weight and I carry it every day. It looks great with everything. I'm always getting compliments.

I like Kipling bags. I have a small one for everyday use and a larger one for travel since I have to also take my camera, packets of sunscreen and bug repellent, and various extra stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For my carry on bag I bought a Lug (no s on the end) north/south Puddle Jumper. It is deceiving because it carries so much. Handbags I change every month, right now I am using a Michael Kors Leopard bag. I have many colors, Aqua, coral, black and brown. I buy good handbags that last forever. For cruising I carry a small black Coach in my luggage, it can be used for any occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk