Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

Does anyone have any new information on the Spa JS? I booked solo, but now a friend may be joining me. I'm a little concerned about the privacy of the light filtering shower. I hope you can't see in from the cabin. This is for the 3 night sampler in November, so I won't have time to see the reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have any new information on the Spa JS? I booked solo, but now a friend may be joining me. I'm a little concerned about the privacy of the light filtering shower. I hope you can't see in from the cabin. This is for the 3 night sampler in November, so I won't have time to see the reviews.

The description says frosted glass, so I doubt you would see more than a shadowy figure through the glass.

I too have one booked and I am wondering what it is going to be like.

I'm also assuming it's frosted, but, it's the one thing I am really looking forward to. It seems different to me, and I like that.

We usually book Junior Suites on our cruises. The Quantum's JS weren't the same because they were configured into the family thing. We thought that the Spa JS would be about the same thing. So YES we are anxious to see what the cabin configuration will look like. I wish RCI would release more information soon. :D

• 5 months later...
I'm looking forward to seeing actual pictures of them. Hopefully that will happen before I board in March.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Me and Dave will also be in a SJR in March. Can't wait to see our stateroom.

Arlene

The SJS description says "Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath." Description says 2nd sink, but doesn't mention 2nd toilet and the rendering doesn't show a large separate shower. It will be interesting to see how they really look. :)

It looks like the balcony of the SJS will be bigger than their standard JS balconies on other ships. Wondering if we'll have the 2 person lounge chair on our deck as displayed in their diagram. Of course we are all waiting for completed deck plans. Hoping we can get more info once it does the float out.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-516d99fc/turbine/vs-royal-caribbean-quantum-of-the-seas-picture-036/500/500x281

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

It looks like the balcony of the SJS will be bigger than their standard JS balconies on other ships. Wondering if we'll have the 2 person lounge chair on our deck as displayed in their diagram. Of course we are all waiting for completed deck plans. Hoping we can get more info once it does the float out.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-516d99fc/turbine/vs-royal-caribbean-quantum-of-the-seas-picture-036/500/500x281

Wow, I hope that's what they look like. I wonder if there will be any spa perks that go along with the suite. Looking forward to my sailing in April.

Wow, I hope that's what they look like. I wonder if there will be any spa perks that go along with the suite. Looking forward to my sailing in April.

A spa perk would be real nice for those booking this category, but who knows, there is still so much unknown. I was hoping they would have the Persian Garden like Celebrity has but don't see it listed under their services.

I'm just excited that we're getting a new ship. As much as I love Explorer and will miss her crew considerably, it is time for a change.

Besides the lounger, it also looks like there will be a full size table for dining on the balcony.:D:D

I'm so glad I booked the SJS on the first day. From looking at the current prices for both Quantum and Anthem, I wont be sailing in one again any time soon.

Looking forward to seeing them because we have one booked also! It will be kinda neat to have 2 BR's although there are only 2 of us.

Can't wait for the first stateroom pictures!!

I'm sailing solo. I'll have one bathroom for day and one for night.:eek::D

I saw another pic of the SJS yesterday but then went back to copy and paste here and could not find it.

It looked like the frosted glass on the shower was in the bathroom NOT the stateroom although the description makes you think it is open to the stateroom.

If I find anymore pics, I will post them!

I am really looking forward to the shower. Very curious as to what the natural light situation will be. I like the idea, and expect it to be tastefully implemented. Perhaps frosted glass from a certain point up.

I am hoping the frosted glass is in the bathroom area. We usually order room service on port days, and one of is usually in the shower getting ready. Don't want the steward to see me in there ;)

We also booked on the first day for the SJS.

Arlene

When we were in Sydney Australia this past April prior to our cruise on Rhapsody, we stayed at the Sydney Hilton. The bathroom had 2 glass walls that were a very soft green. It did illuminate the room somewhat but you still had plenty of privacy.

I just booked the SJS on the Anthem for the 3 day in March 2016 - yikes, that seems like a long way out - anyway, since it's about 45 sf smaller than a Family JS (no, not that combined thing, but the actual single room JS), but about $100 more, I am hoping that the use of the word "spa" is going to mean something - like different amenities. We shall all find out. Probably traveling solo, so the frosted glass will be OK.