wet swimwear in elevator

ping1

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

Remember when you had to wear a cover-up (or towel) when you were walking through the halls or in the Windjammer/Dining room? "Awkward!"

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

Remember when you had to wear a cover-up (or towel) when you were walking through the halls or in the Windjammer/Dining room? "Awkward!"

How exactly are they supposed to get back to their room if they just got out of the pool, dried off as best as possible and left the pool towel at the towel station on the pool deck?

And this is why RCCL has Dress Codes of what to wear in the MDR the Windjammer! I will be sending a stern e-mail to Adam. He reads my e-mails himself. We will get a Dress Code for the elevators put into place ASAP.

lmao. There will be a no shorts rule in the elevator ;)

If the op is worried about a wet elevator there is always the stairs :D

I try my best to use the stairs a good way to get some exercising in ha

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

How exactly are they supposed to get back to their room if they just got out of the pool, dried off as best as possible and left the pool towel at the towel station on the pool deck?

Wearing a cover-up when leaving the pool and going anywhere on the ship is the appropriate thing to do.

Nothing, amazes me anymore.

You would hope with the new towel rule that you would go back to your cabin with at least a towel wrapped around you to absorb the water and prevent anyone from sliding. Especially on the elevators.

Also, I had to be careful on the Allure deck, once it was wet if I wore my crocs, many I was slip sliding away.

Sea Ya

Sorry I ruined your cruise! But you will be glad to know I lost 70 pounds and started reserving cabins 1 or 2 decks below the pool and started using the stairs, but every now and then just to annoy you, I get in the elevator with my Royal robe on! (can't resist)

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

Believe me if you live long enough the stairs will not be an option. Did you consider that the stairs may not be an option for the OP? Edited by FLACRUISER99

I definitely agree that one should wear a cover up when coming to and from the pool. I saw a few folks turned away from the Windjammer for wearing swimsuits on the FOS a few weeks ago (primarily children).

One day when I was at the pool, there were no towels available. I was told to come back in 20 minutes. So I did. Then, I was told to come back in 20 minutes. I resigned myself to the fact I was not getting a towel. After spending enough time at the pool and adequately air dried, as I walked past the towel guy, I heard him tell other folks to come back in 20 minutes. Perhaps that was the case??

Yes. Why?

The towels are absorbent...dry off! Sit down (on the towel) for about 3-5 mins....you won't be "dripping" as you return to your cabin. And yes...put a tee shirt on, or a coverup...something! You shouldn't be wandering about in swimsuit only when you're not at the pool (or beach)....

You are NOT allowed to go into the WJ in only a swimsuit, wet or not! They do not want to see your belly or butt....so put something over your suit!!!

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators?
Yes and also in line at the Windjammer. Nothing says an appetizing lunch like being in the buffet line behind a shoeless, shirtless, dripping wet guy!

Simple solution

Bmi index 20-24.9 proper to wear bathing suit

Bmi index 25-30 must wear towel

Bmi 31 or over must wear robe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

+5 points :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Simple solution

Bmi index 20-24.9 proper to wear bathing suit

Bmi index 25-30 must wear towel

Bmi 31 or over must wear robe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

BMI under 20 proper to be nudist :confused::confused:

How do you dry off before you get out of the pool?

While I'm in favor of dressing and behaving in a civilized manner, I say this topic is much ado about nothing:

- Even if you haven't dried yourself well, the elevators are a bit of a walk, and in the hot Caribbean sun, you're probably not going to be literally dripping by the time you reach the elevators. I can't say that I've personally seen anyone who was so wet that his or her feet "squished" on the carpet.

- If you're not wearing shoes, and a cover-up, you'll be turned away from the Windjammer. I've seen this rule enforced.

- And most people do have the common courtesy to wear a swim cover-up when they're coming and going to the pool. Oh, you might see the occasional teenager who thinks it's fine to parade about in a bikini, but you're not likely to encounter large numbers of such folks. Nor are you likely to find many people who mistake their bath robes for public wear.