Prediction after March 10th?

LuCruise

So this famous BOGO is suposed to be until March 10th. Will they extend it? Will they remove the drink park and go back to the Buy one Get Other Half Off? Will there be a new "deal"? What's your prediction?

I check prices daily but don't expect to see any changes until the start of the next sale.

PS - I think maybe by then they'll release the next set of cruises as well going past May 2016?

Edited by LuCruise

This is more of my dream instead of a prediction. Like Bob said I would like a return of "normal pricing" and am hoping that it will happen when this most current one ends of March 10th which is around the date for the new schedules to start rolling out.;)

I think hoping for a repeat of last years sales will lead to disappointment for you. Last spring the cruise industry was coming off a series of well publicized Carnival disasters and people were hesitant to cruise. The cruise industry did some amazing sales and the ships filled back up. I personally think there is close to a 0% chance you will see a repeat of the great sales we saw last March-June with RCCL. The ships are sailing pretty filled these days and they do not have to discount rooms much at all to sell them now.

Edited by WhenIsLobsterNight

I predict I will find a ship and itinerary that has a price I'm willing to pay and make a reservation. I made out like a bandit on the first BOGOHO sale but I still managed to find three other cruises that I liked despite these wacky sales.

I've been looking at cruises since the first of the year and was excited for the BOGO to end in January. Now it's extended again through mid March. I'm waiting and hoping to see normal prices as well.

That's why I'm curious too as it keeps getting extended.

Prices are funny too. We booked back in Dec 2014 for cruise Apr 2016. So far I've seen the price rise once (after Jan). Then it rose slightly...was back down for a few days (to same price after Jan)...and now today back up to that same slight cost increase. Totally don't get how pricing works.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks if this 'sale' continues, a new one, or sale goes away with higher prices.

We are hoping they drop all the sales !its getting so its cheaper to cruise on Disney !

Not true for the cruise we looked at. Same dates, both Eastern Caribbean, both interior cabins, Disney Fantasy vs Allure and Disney was $2000 more.

Edited by LuCruise

I feel RCI has backed themselves into a corner with the BOGOHO sale. If they ever put an end to it, how will they handle the current inflated prices, and bring them back down to what the realistic prices should have been? Won't this be transparent to their customers that they totally inflated the BOGOHO prices, and the sale was never a sale at all? The calculations below are just a sample of my perception of the sale; they are not actual sale prices that I have selected from a current sailing.

Example BOGOHO:

$2,000 1st passenger

$1,000 2nd passenger

$3,000 Total

Example regular prices:

$1,500 1st passenger

$1,500 2nd passenger

$3,000 Total

I have 3 RCI cruises booked for 2015, but will be canceling 2. I am taking my grandchildren on a Bermuda cruise in August, then that's it for us for cruising RCI for a while. This sale business has really put a bad taste in my mouth for a cruise line that we had really enjoyed in the past. I just don't like the way they have been doing business lately. I assume they have been doing well with the "sale" as they are still sailing with full ships, but I will probably be bringing my business elsewhere. Sorry for the rant, but this has really been bothering me.

Is it worth booking with the buy one 2nd half off sale? Will regular pricing be cheaper?

Most of the current pricing I've seen is much higher than previous years. The current BOGOHO is not a good deal for the most part.

So this famous BOGO is suposed to be until March 10th. Will they extend it? Will they remove the drink park and go back to the Buy one Get Other Half Off? Will there be a new "deal"? What's your prediction?

I check prices daily but don't expect to see any changes until the start of the next sale.

PS - I think maybe by then they'll release the next set of cruises as well going past May 2016?

Is there currently a "drink part" as you mention? I have four cabins booked for NYE on Independence three balconies and one PR, ten people. Our cruise went up but if I can get the drink package added Im all over it since there are six of the ten that I will be purchasing the package.

We have Haven in NCL booked for next year, two cabins, and the beverage and dining package as well as OBC are all included.

Thank you for letting me know about if there is also a drink package being offered. I would love it since we are purchasing anyway.

Thanks.

I think hoping for a repeat of last years sales will lead to disappointment for you. Last spring the cruise industry was coming off a series of well publicized Carnival disasters and people were hesitant to cruise. The cruise industry did some amazing sales and the ships filled back up. I personally think there is close to a 0% chance you will see a repeat of the great sales we saw last March-June with RCCL. The ships are sailing pretty filled these days and they do not have to discount rooms much at all to sell them now.

This is true but eventually the sail dates will pass us all up. I agree that a tremendous amount of cabins were filled fleet wide w/ the original low priced BOGOHO sale. May 2014 had some amazing prices. Unfortunately, one could only book so many & only up to April 2016. When the new dates are released (2016 & 2017) the cabins fleet wide will fill up at a much slower rate than May2014 with the current pricing structure. Something will have to give.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Not keen to book anything at these BOGOHO prices.

Perhaps you book your air first and then wait for the just before Sailing prices and book the cruise then??:)

I believe RCL has crafted a strategy to "numb" newbies with the BOGO pricing so that when they remove it and leave the prices where they are without the "half off", it will look normal, and they'll all run around crowing about the great deals they all got. Meanwhile, I'll be booking elsewhere;)

Here in the uk they are allowing bookings with a very low deposit,

If the prices drop, in such a way as the savings made are greater than the deposit, surely it will be better to cancel and rebook at the lower price / better deal. Especially the case for those who booked at the wrong time when prices were higher.

What if I book and put the $950 deposit down. Few months down the road the same cabin category is cheaper. Can I call and get them to give me the better price or can I cancel and rebook without a penalty? Is the deposit always this high? I seem to recall in the past only having a deposit of around $200 pp.

Edited by momphoto