Did you wish you’d purchased the Cheers package?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:18 PM.
#61
Richmond
116 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by jaxsmama
just keep scrolling non drinker. Lol.
^^^lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Toni


2002 Carnival Legend
2004 Norwegian Dawn
2007 Carnival Miracle
2008 Carnival Victory
2009 Carnival Valor
2010 Carnival Miracle
2012 Carnival Conquest (Western)
2013 Carnival Destiny (GC/Ocho)
2014 Carnival Elation (Western)
2014 Carnival Pride (Exotic Eastern)
2014 Carnival Valor (Southern)
2015 Carnival Liberty (Southern)
2016 Carnival Victory (GC/Ocho)
2016 Carnival Ecstasy (Bahamas)
2017 Carnival Triumph (Cozumel +)
2017 Carnival Fascination (Southern)
2018 Carnival Dream (Western)
2018 Carnival Pride (Bahamas)
#62
Sandusky Oh
4,001 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Keys2Heaven
Perhaps they should cast a wider net and use the search function to find an answer among the literally hundreds of threads that have been discussed ad nauseam about this and other subjects.

Draw whatever parallels you wish from the responses you read or have found via search, but only you can ascertain whether or not this is for you.


The search function isn’t the best. Better choice is to scroll past what doesn’t pertain/ interest one.


Yes it’s about choices/wants/needs!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Emerald Seas - 1978
Fascination - 2002
Triumph - 2005
Freedom - 2009
Victory 2012
Destiny - 2012
EPIC 2015
Vista 2018
Bliss 2019



URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]


#63
Gilbertsville, PA
3,339 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
My DW does not drink alcohol, so since both pax in a cabin must have the Cheers program, I am better off without it. On our last cruise on Celebrity, the drink packages were per individual and there was no limit on how many beverages per day. In that case I got the "Premium" alcohol package (which included all non alcohol drinks as well) and my DW got the "Premium" non-alcohol package.

I drank more than I would have without it, and I drank brands I wouldn't have normally had in a mixed drink and i think it was a good value. If my DW drank or if it could be purchased individually I would get the Cheers package, as it is I will save money by doing 'pay as you go' vs paying for 2 Cheers packages.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#64
60 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Raging alcoholics and professional drinkers here. We always get cheers. Sometimes we get close to our 15 drink limit and “buy rounds for our friends” so we can stash booze around the ship for later. Plus the convenience of being able to order a free Bloody Mary in the morning from whatever bar we passed out next to in a lounge chair/life boat is worth the convenience. Once the hangover shakes are gone, we head over to the coffee bar to get energized for another day of out of control drinking fueled by a strict 2 shots followed by a monster energy drink (also free) ratio to maximize our package. On port days we wake up an extra 30 minutes early to get a shot every 5 minutes so we can get in 6 shots before leaving for port. That way we’re ready for a fun day in the sun and warmed up for our all inclusive drinking and nacho excursion. On port days we rarely get in our full 15 but we will hit the bar before bed to fill our free water bottles up with booze for the morning (we pour that nasty water stuff out).
Cheers is totally worth it.

(Sorry couldn’t resist...but we do get cheers and love the convenience and ability to try whatever we want and not care about the bill )
#65
Aurora, IL
129 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
We paid for Cheers five months in advance - there was no question about it for us.

Will we each drink enough to make it worth it? Probably, but the truth of the matter is - We Don't Care - it's paid for and no longer a factor to be concerned about. We're on this trip to relax and not worry about anything, least of all whether we're gaming the system.
#66
Charlotte, NC
560 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by jeeperzz
Raging alcoholics and professional drinkers here. We always get cheers. Sometimes we get close to our 15 drink limit and “buy rounds for our friends” so we can stash booze around the ship for later. Plus the convenience of being able to order a free Bloody Mary in the morning from whatever bar we passed out next to in a lounge chair/life boat is worth the convenience. Once the hangover shakes are gone, we head over to the coffee bar to get energized for another day of out of control drinking fueled by a strict 2 shots followed by a monster energy drink (also free) ratio to maximize our package. On port days we wake up an extra 30 minutes early to get a shot every 5 minutes so we can get in 6 shots before leaving for port. That way we’re ready for a fun day in the sun and warmed up for our all inclusive drinking and nacho excursion. On port days we rarely get in our full 15 but we will hit the bar before bed to fill our free water bottles up with booze for the morning (we pour that nasty water stuff out).
Cheers is totally worth it.
It sounded exactly like I feel about cruising . . . . then I realized you were being sarcastic. I'm currently detoxing in preparation to "RETOX" on my cruise next week.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#67
1,659 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by beerman2
The search function isn’t the best. Better choice is to scroll past what doesn’t pertain/ interest one.


Yes it’s about choices/wants/needs!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
However, being that this is a discussion forum and the OP's question did not specify that only those who have purchased Cheers! in the past respond, and since this is a free country, I can pretty much jump into any thread and respond.

And the search function works just fine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/11/05 - Carnival Miracle - 1st Cruise!!! (5 stars)
12/10/06 - Carnival Destiny - Family Cruise (4 stars)
1/17/09 - RCCL Serenade of the Seas - Family Cruise (5 stars)
4/17/15 - Carnival Valor - Family Cruise (5 stars)
4/24/16 - Carnival Conquest - Couples Cruise (4 stars)
4/22/17 - Carnival Vista - Couples Cruise (5 stars)
4/21/18 - Carnival Glory - Family Cruise (5 stars)




#68
1,210 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Nah hubby rarely drinks and if he does it's bubbly we bring with us. I am a craft beer drinker and let's face it most of the beer onboard is NOT anything to write home about. We wouldn't even come close to breaking even. We do drink coffees but rarely soda or milkshakes or "vitamin water"...so it's just not worth it for us. We do have drinks in the casino occasionally and mostly those are comped .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Alaska on 06/25/2019 aboard the Carnival Legend! Visit Carnival.com to see all Alaska cruises. My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 03/17/2018 aboard the Carnival Miracle! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.


6/25/19 Carnival Legend
3/17/18 Carnival Miracle
6/22/17 Carnival Fantasy
11/19/16 Carnival Fantasy
11/10/16 Carnival Elation
3/19/2016 Carnival Paradise
1/28/16 Carnival Paradise
7/2/15 Carnival Paradise
3/21/15 Carnival Glory
4/2/15 Carnival Fascination
6-28-2014 Carnival Liberty
11/6/2011 Carnival Legend
12/7/2008 Carnival Triumph
12/2/2006 Carnival Glory
#69
Sandusky Oh
4,001 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Keys2Heaven
However, being that this is a discussion forum and the OP's question did not specify that only those who have purchased Cheers! in the past respond, and since this is a free country, I can pretty much jump into any thread and respond.

And the search function works just fine.


Comment about getting the popcorn ready, which I’m guessing was about “here we go again “, hence my response.

I’m glad you have had good success with search function, I find it sends you all over the place and not specific to ? asked!

And it does amaze me pax asking others what do they think is good for them!

Only you/them/ourselves KNOW that answer!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Emerald Seas - 1978
Fascination - 2002
Triumph - 2005
Freedom - 2009
Victory 2012
Destiny - 2012
EPIC 2015
Vista 2018
Bliss 2019



URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]


#70
60 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by casinostreer
It sounded exactly like I feel about cruising . . . . then I realized you were being sarcastic. I'm currently detoxing in preparation to "RETOX" on my cruise next week.
#71
Aurora, IL
129 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by beerman2
I’m glad you have had good success with search function, I find it sends you all over the place and not specific to ? asked!
Let me tell you what, I am a RED card member, and I find that the search engine stinks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
#72
Indiana
407 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by jeeperzz
Raging alcoholics and professional drinkers here. We always get cheers. Sometimes we get close to our 15 drink limit and “buy rounds for our friends” so we can stash booze around the ship for later. Plus the convenience of being able to order a free Bloody Mary in the morning from whatever bar we passed out next to in a lounge chair/life boat is worth the convenience. Once the hangover shakes are gone, we head over to the coffee bar to get energized for another day of out of control drinking fueled by a strict 2 shots followed by a monster energy drink (also free) ratio to maximize our package. On port days we wake up an extra 30 minutes early to get a shot every 5 minutes so we can get in 6 shots before leaving for port. That way we’re ready for a fun day in the sun and warmed up for our all inclusive drinking and nacho excursion. On port days we rarely get in our full 15 but we will hit the bar before bed to fill our free water bottles up with booze for the morning (we pour that nasty water stuff out).
Cheers is totally worth it.

(Sorry couldn’t resist...but we do get cheers and love the convenience and ability to try whatever we want and not care about the bill )
This is amazing!!!! hahahaha love it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
**Amber**

1/28/2018 Carnival Conquest
4/24/2016 Carnival Conquest
1/3/2016 Carnival Conquest
1/15/2012 Carnival Valor
12/5/2010 Carnival Valor
3/8/2010 Carnival Fantasy
11/7/2009 Carnival Destiny *Platinum Cruise*
2/1/2009 Carnival Pride
3/7/2008
Carnival Inspiration
1/6/2008 Carnival Valor
3/12/2007 Carnival Inspiration
3/2/2007 Carnival Fascination
1/1/2006 Carnival Destiny
1/3/2005 Carnival Imagination
1/3/2003 Carnival Fascination
3/31/2002 Carnival Fantasy




#73
Sandusky Oh
4,001 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Just read that someone supposedly rang up a 2,500.00 bar bill for 4 people.

Bet now they wished THEY had purchased it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Emerald Seas - 1978
Fascination - 2002
Triumph - 2005
Freedom - 2009
Victory 2012
Destiny - 2012
EPIC 2015
Vista 2018
Bliss 2019



URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]


#74
584 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by beerman2
Just read that someone supposedly rang up a 2,500.00 bar bill for 4 people.



Bet now they wished THEY had purchased it!


That’s about $123 over per person wow


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Vista 01/27/2018 Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Maartin, St. Kitts
Carnival Ecstasy 9/11/15 Nassau
Carnival Breeze 11/22/2012 Nassau
Norwegian Sky 10/28/2011 Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
#75
Aurora, IL
129 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
I just purchased a handy dandy portable breathalyzer, and am planning to document my BAC hourly while on my next cruise, as well as time and choice of beverage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
#76
95 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We tried it on a Blues Cruise, just to see if it was worth it, figuring if ever there was a cruise we'd get our money's worth, that would be it. Even with getting off the ship only one day, we still didn't save money, we figure we broke even. If you have several ports, remember that you will be off the ship and NOT using it, even less opportunity to get your money's worth. In my opinion, it is NOT worth it. You can't (or are not supposed to) buy drinks for others, the cost is per person. It's a money maker for the cruise line. In fact, one time I was on a cruise without the package, bought a glass of wine, and when the bartender realized I didn't have the package, he poured MORE wine in my glass when he realized I was paying for it! So I guess they also measure out the alcohol to make sure they make money.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#78
258 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Can someone explain what all the hype is about the Alchemy Bar? Is it the brands they carry....never went there for a drink!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Glory 2010
Carnival Valor 2011
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Freedom 2013
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 2014
Carnival Conquest 2015
Carnival Elation 2016
Carnival Splendor 2017
#79
Florida
579 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by abby1257
Can someone explain what all the hype is about the Alchemy Bar? Is it the brands they carry....never went there for a drink!
The Alchemy Bar serves martinis, old fashioneds, and the like. No pina coladas, margaritas, or beer. So they are pretty well exactly the opposite of the Redfrog and Blue Iguana bars. And yes, they use top-shelf stuff, no wells.

Also, the mixologists (bartenders) do a really good job explaining the drinks (if you want) and put on a great show making them.

We drank there every night, usually 4 or 5 drinks each, maybe more.
#80
Florida
579 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by itchintogo
In my opinion, it is NOT worth it. You can't (or are not supposed to) buy drinks for others, the cost is per person. It's a money maker for the cruise line.
Agreed, for you it is not worth it.

For my wife and me, it was very definitely worth it, even on our port day. We drank the equivalent of $120 worth of drinks per person per day, probably, maybe more (had a couple high-end scotches one night). At ~$50 per person per day, it saved us $70 per person per day.