BOGO 50% off sale -- is it a sales price?

AllisonJames

Can anyone tell me if Australians have the benefit of a 'price drop' when booking in Australia? Can someone tell me how it works in both Canada, UK and the US and is it only applicable to those markets. After 13 Azamara cruises and 7 more booked I'd like to know if there's a benefit for us or not..........

As far as I am aware it is only US passengers who have the ‘best price guarantee’. They also pay a very low deposit, so even if they had to cancel and lose their deposit, it’s worth it for a lower price.

Even in other countries where there is a higher deposit, if a promotion brings a price down enough it can still be worth cancelling and re-booking. Recently we cancelled and rebooked a Mediterranean Cruise saving over £1000, even taking into account our £500 lost deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far as I am aware it is only US passengers who have the ‘best price guarantee’. They also pay a very low deposit, so even if they had to cancel and lose their deposit, it’s worth it for a lower price.

Even in other countries where there is a higher deposit, if a promotion brings a price down enough it can still be worth cancelling and re-booking. Recently we cancelled and rebooked a Mediterranean Cruise saving over £1000, even taking into account our £500 lost deposit.

US passengers share the “best price” with Canadians.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s part of the reason as a UK resident that I make use of onboard booking program because the types I book have a 50% reduced deposit.

Phil

It’s part of the reason as a UK resident that I make use of onboard booking program because the types I book have a 50% reduced deposit.

Phil

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that onboard bookings even for U.K. guests gave some extra rights like being able to cancel and rebook with no penalty. We were certainly able to do that for our September cruise this year and retained all of our onboard booking perks.

Don’t think it applies to open passage bookings, and of course things are changing all the time.

So sorry to divert this thread for a moment but I have an "urgent" message for nordski and other Inspector Montalbano fans. If you are a fan then you will understand! 😄

Montalbano 22 - The Pyramid of Mud is out. Just started reading it and it's so good that I'm rationing myself to a chapter a day!

Sorry for the diversion.

Lucky you Grandma, most of the time it seems that the savings are not worth the trouble of cancelling.

Even if there are any savings at all due to price manipulation before the offer..

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that onboard bookings even for U.K. guests gave some extra rights like being able to cancel and rebook with no penalty. We were certainly able to do that for our September cruise this year and retained all of our onboard booking perks.

Don’t think it applies to open passage bookings, and of course things are changing all the time.

Yes John. I think you are correct.

Phil

So sorry to divert this thread for a moment but I have an "urgent" message for nordski and other Inspector Montalbano fans. If you are a fan then you will understand! 😄

Montalbano 22 - The Pyramid of Mud is out. Just started reading it and it's so good that I'm rationing myself to a chapter a day!

Sorry for the diversion.

I am a fan what do you mean it is out? Book? TV? Where?

• 1 month later...
Our BOGOHO (buy one, get on half off) plus Free WiFi Sale has been extended through March 31, 2018!

It is available on select voyages, and select categories.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/luxury-cruise-deals/half-off-second-guest-free-wifi?icid=hp_halfoffplus_v2_03012018

We received this email today but didn’t realise it didn’t apply to the UK - knew it was too good to be true, finally getting an email from Azamara. Shame it isn’t relevant.:(

Did you manage to keep your OBC? We booked onboard last June for this coming June. I noticed the price dropped by £750 a few months later and asked my TA to ask Azamara to apply the new rate as best price promise only to be told we lost all our OBC. Doesn’t seem fair to me and certainly doesn’t encourage me to book ahead.

Did you manage to keep your OBC? We booked onboard last June for this coming June. I noticed the price dropped by £750 a few months later and asked my TA to ask Azamara to apply the new rate as best price promise only to be told we lost all our OBC. Doesn’t seem fair to me and certainly doesn’t encourage me to book ahead.

Yes we kept both the onboard booking $200 and early booking $500 OBC, I was thinking we might lose some of it but it was applied without question.

We originally booked on Journey’s first cruise after the refit and both the 25% “compensation” discount and 7% LCV discounts were applied to the booking. There were no other current offers on the cruise we rebooked so I there were no complications of combining other offers.

I was told onboard I would keep any credit if I changed a booking made onboard. However I am not sure when that concession came in. I did the onboard booking in December 2017, not had cause to test the rule and to be honest don’t expect to as the booking was at a great price.

Maybe you want to check up again Liz

Looks like things might of changed with new t&c’s for bookings made after 15th January 2018:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS: “Onboard Booking Offer” is a percent saving based on Le Club Voyage (LCV) loyalty level or first-time Azamara voyage. Adventurer guests 4%, Explorer 5%, Discoverer 6%, Discoverer 7%, Discoverer Platinum 10% for each qualifying booking made onboard Azamara Club Cruises while offer is available. First-time Azamara guests will receive 3% savings. Under the Confirmed Booking offer, guests will receive a US$200 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise.

CONFIRMED BOOKINGS: A deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required for bookings made in your country of residence must be paid, per person, at the time of booking for Club Spa, Continent, Veranda, Oceanview and Interior staterooms. Club World Owner and Ocean Suites require full deposit applicable in your country of residence at time of booking. If a confirmed booking is cancelled, cancellation charges may apply under the Azamara Club Cruises cancellation schedule applicable in your country of residence. The deposit, less an administrative fee which varies based on country of residence, will be refunded if cancellation occurs prior to applicable final payment due date. The OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10 pm on the final night of the cruise. Single occupancy bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid for the cruise.

OPEN BOOKINGS: Open bookings have no expiration date, do not guarantee stateroom, voyage or cruise price. Once a ship and sail date are selected and booking details finalized, no changes may be made to the ship or sail date. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required must be paid in your country of residence, per person, and full name for each guest will be required at time of booking.

GENERAL: For full terms and conditions related to payment, changes and cancellation, visit our Cruise Again team on Deck 4, or http://www.AzamaraClubCruises.com/CruiseAgain. Offer is available only to new individual Azamara Club Cruises bookings made on or after 15-Jan-2018 onboard an Azamara Club Cruises vessel. All amounts stated are in U.S. dollars. Offer is combinable with Azamara’s general marketplace offers, back-to-back offer and single supplement savings. Offer may not be combined with certain restricted fares including Interline, travel agent and travel agent rates, family & friends, employee rates, shareholder benefits or net rates and may not be used on chartered voyages. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. Azamara reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update details at any time without prior notice.

Spot the mistake in the first paragraph [emoji848]

However the header to the page containing the t&c’s has this in bold print:

Deposits for all future voyage bookings are fully refundable

Maybe Bonnie could get some clarification, are Cruise Again bookings refundable in all markets or as stated in the t&c’s will the cancellation fees applicable to each market apply? In the U.K. this would be total loss of deposit.

Looks like things might of changed with new t&c’s for bookings made after 15th January 2018:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS: “Onboard Booking Offer” is a percent saving based on Le Club Voyage (LCV) loyalty level or first-time Azamara voyage. Adventurer guests 4%, Explorer 5%, Discoverer 6%, Discoverer 7%, Discoverer Platinum 10% for each qualifying booking made onboard Azamara Club Cruises while offer is available. First-time Azamara guests will receive 3% savings. Under the Confirmed Booking offer, guests will receive a US$200 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise.

CONFIRMED BOOKINGS: A deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required for bookings made in your country of residence must be paid, per person, at the time of booking for Club Spa, Continent, Veranda, Oceanview and Interior staterooms. Club World Owner and Ocean Suites require full deposit applicable in your country of residence at time of booking. If a confirmed booking is cancelled, cancellation charges may apply under the Azamara Club Cruises cancellation schedule applicable in your country of residence. The deposit, less an administrative fee which varies based on country of residence, will be refunded if cancellation occurs prior to applicable final payment due date. The OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10 pm on the final night of the cruise. Single occupancy bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid for the cruise.

OPEN BOOKINGS: Open bookings have no expiration date, do not guarantee stateroom, voyage or cruise price. Once a ship and sail date are selected and booking details finalized, no changes may be made to the ship or sail date. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required must be paid in your country of residence, per person, and full name for each guest will be required at time of booking.

GENERAL: For full terms and conditions related to payment, changes and cancellation, visit our Cruise Again team on Deck 4, or www.AzamaraClubCruises.com/CruiseAgain. Offer is available only to new individual Azamara Club Cruises bookings made on or after 15-Jan-2018 onboard an Azamara Club Cruises vessel. All amounts stated are in U.S. dollars. Offer is combinable with Azamara’s general marketplace offers, back-to-back offer and single supplement savings. Offer may not be combined with certain restricted fares including Interline, travel agent and travel agent rates, family & friends, employee rates, shareholder benefits or net rates and may not be used on chartered voyages. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. Azamara reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update details at any time without prior notice.

Spot the mistake in the first paragraph [emoji848]

Discoverer mentioned twice instead of Discoverer Plus,

Also It is now only $200 OBC for on board bookings.

Discoverer mentioned twice instead of Discoverer Plus,

Also It is now only $200 OBC for on board bookings.

Never had more than $200 in the last few years unless a special promotional offer was being run eg during an LCV cruise

Never had more than $200 in the last few years unless a special promotional offer was being run eg during an LCV cruise

The main Cruise Again page states the following:

$200 USD Onboard Credit

(or $300 if you book during the first half of the voyage)

But again this is not reflected in the t&c’s!

The main Cruise Again page states the following:

$200 USD Onboard Credit

(or $300 if you book during the first half of the voyage)

But again this is not reflected in the t&c’s!

That's what people have been saying in recent posts.

I was told onboard I would keep any credit if I changed a booking made onboard. However I am not sure when that concession came in. I did the onboard booking in December 2017, not had cause to test the rule and to be honest don’t expect to as the booking was at a great price.

Maybe you want to check up again

I booked onboard in June 17 and the price reduced in October 17. I will look into this UKtog but think Azamara just make up the rules to suit themselves. Guatemala are useless to deal with so I may just contact Richard Twynam.