Choice air tip

Orator

I just booked flight for November 11 Constellation cruise. The first flight is from FLL to FCO. The return is from DXB to FLL. Called Choice Air and discovered that I could only book one fare using Choice Air online, but the Agent could override the system and get me two one way flights. This resulted in a considerable savings over the multiple destination fare on the website. This is not the first time I've experienced a major savings by calling Choice Air and having them price two one way fares. Choice Air is usually quite good for one way fares, not so good for round trip tickets.

Edited by Orator

I completely agree! Experienced the same with my flights from ORD to BCN and from EZE to ORD. ChoiceAir website gave me outrageous price for multiple destinations. But when I called the agent priced two separate one way tickets. And the total price was approximately 60 % less.

I just booked flight for November 11 Constellation cruise. The first flight is from FLL to FCO. The return is from DXB to FLL. Called Choice Air and discovered that I could only book one fare using Choice Air online, but the Agent could override the system and get me two one way flights. This resulted in a considerable savings over the multiple destination fare on the website. This is not the first time I've experienced a major savings by calling Choice Air and having them price two one way fares. Choice Air is usually quite good for one way fares, not so good for round trip tickets.

We've noticed the same thing with Choice Air, we always do two one-way fares rather than round trip.

Always had good experience and good fares on Choice Air. You are also not limited to the flights that display on their website. If you know a specific flight you can get it over the phone with them. Having said all that I just had this experience today with Choice Air website. Wanted a one way LAX to San Juan. It displayed round trips Orlando to Dubai via Barcelona.

We've noticed the same thing with Choice Air, we always do two one-way fares rather than round trip.

The thing to remember is always call Choice Air to get options. Also prices on the website may differ if you use the "Reservation" tab, or the "Price Flights" tab. The Reservation tab prices are the most current prices, while if you just price flights you get an "estimated" cost. I found this to be the case for flight from FLL to FCO.

This is great information. We haven't used them yet but are considering a 2019 cruise that would involve flying to Amsterdam, cruise ending in Barcelona, staying a few days there then flying home. The idea being to do everything through X for the sake of convenience. Tips like this will surely help.

I was told that I could not do that with my trip for this year. Yes, I even tried using a supervisor. However, the flights I have are only 10% more, so it isn’t the end of the world for me. Yes, I will ask again next time. Hopefully, they have all gotten the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told that I could not do that with my trip for this year. Yes, I even tried using a supervisor. However, the flights I have are only 10% more, so it isn’t the end of the world for me. Yes, I will ask again next time. Hopefully, they have all gotten the message.

Are you doing a B2B?

From experience the way to book 2 one way flights is to book one using your Logon and then book the second using the 2nd person's Logon. You can of course book 2 tickets or more under each reservation.

What happens to those Solo cruisers?

I only search one-way pricing on the Choice Air website even if I may want a round trip or open jaw. I think the reason (or at least one of the reasons) you can wind up with higher pricing for round trip/multi-destination prices is because the computers search for the same airline (or airline with an alliance) for the complete trip (which means only having to issue one ticket). But especially in the case of a cruise departing from one port but ending in another, there's no guarantee that any one airline (or one within that alliance) is the best deal going for both ports. A flight to your embarkation point might be better using a Star Alliance carrier, while the return might be advantageous to use OneWorld and using the round trip or multi-destination function may very well not offer you such an itinerary.

The thing to remember is always call Choice Air to get options. Also prices on the website may differ if you use the "Reservation" tab, or the "Price Flights" tab. The Reservation tab prices are the most current prices, while if you just price flights you get an "estimated" cost. I found this to be the case for flight from FLL to FCO.

Thanks for this, I had not know that. I'm looking for a flight now, so I'll give this a try later.

From experience the way to book 2 one way flights is to book one using your Logon and then book the second using the 2nd person's Logon. You can of course book 2 tickets or more under each reservation.

Perfect!

I replied earlier in this thread that I have been happy with Choice Air. I have to put a qualifier on it. We usually do transatlantics and have only used Choice Air for the international segment and have been very happy with the results. Now trying to book an LAX-SJU-EWR-LAX and all of the fares whether selected as multi-city or two one ways are higher than booking on the airlines website, so always check.

I replied earlier in this thread that I have been happy with Choice Air. I have to put a qualifier on it. We usually do transatlantics and have only used Choice Air for the international segment and have been very happy with the results. Now trying to book an LAX-SJU-EWR-LAX and all of the fares whether selected as multi-city or two one ways are higher than booking on the airlines website, so always check.

I hear that loud and clear...one never knows anymore; however, when I checked the airlines, their flights were a total of $4,000 + more!

Wow thank you so much for this tip. I have found that our air line tickets just keep getting more and more expensive each year so this might be a way of saving some money.

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered a major price differences today when I used the Search Price Flights and then tried to actually reserve my flights. The booking one was higher on most if not all of options that I was considering. I was not pleased because I had done all my analysis using the Search pricing and made my choice. Seems odd and I do not understand why the price would not be the same. I plan on calling tomorrow as the difference is enough to change my decision.

Thank you for posting your experience as I was initially very confused.

ChoiceAir and similar sites from other cruise lines are good options, especially for one-way travel. Airline "rack-rate" for one-way is usually equal of more than round trip fares since they presume you have to return and charge that up front. However, ChoiceAir does not offer all the options available for flights. Need to first search using a good search engine for option, then engage with ChoiceAir. We saved $500pp on a R/T by selecting an earlier flight than ChoiceAir offered - same airline.

ChoiceAir and similar sites from other cruise lines are good options, especially for one-way travel. Airline "rack-rate" for one-way is usually equal of more than round trip fares since they presume you have to return and charge that up front. However, ChoiceAir does not offer all the options available for flights. Need to first search using a good search engine for option, then engage with ChoiceAir. We saved $500pp on a R/T by selecting an earlier flight than ChoiceAir offered - same airline.

We have never used Choice Air or even checked them out, but will definitely do so this year for our fall cruise on Celebrity. Two questions for those people who have used them:

1. In this case our outbound flight would coincide with our Celebrity cruise (by arriving a day or two early) but our return flight will be a couple of weeks after the end of the cruise (and from a different airport) since we will be doing other things in Europe before returning to the U.S. Will they still be able to assist us, or do they have some limits as to how far out from the cruise they will book?

2. To carry this one step further, can one call Choice Air for any trip, regardless of whether there is a Celebrity Cruise in the picture? Or must you have a Celebrity cruise as part of the overall trip?

Tom & Judy

We have never used Choice Air or even checked them out, but will definitely do so this year for our fall cruise on Celebrity. Two questions for those people who have used them:

1. In this case our outbound flight would coincide with our Celebrity cruise (by arriving a day or two early) but our return flight will be a couple of weeks after the end of the cruise (and from a different airport) since we will be doing other things in Europe before returning to the U.S. Will they still be able to assist us, or do they have some limits as to how far out from the cruise they will book?

2. To carry this one step further, can one call Choice Air for any trip, regardless of whether there is a Celebrity Cruise in the picture? Or must you have a Celebrity cruise as part of the overall trip?

Tom & Judy

Not sure of the answer to #1. The different airport may complicate the flights. I'd call Choice Air directly and ask.

#2 is No. You can only use Choice Air if you are taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or Azamara.