What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

My Bliss cruise for July 7 has been sold out for over a week, yet I got an email yesterday my bid on an upgrade to the mini suite was accepted. Hoping it is a true upgrade.

We have decided to not take the upgrade. There are 4 of us, my youngest daughter and her 2 children ages 3 and 8(turning 9 on the cruise). As it stands now, we know we have a balcony cabin with the bed near the balcony and the pullman bunk from the ceiling over the couch bed. This set up works better for us and is not worth a risk that we will not get the pullman (most likely won't as most MS are for 3 not 4), or a bathtub (most likely won't as there are few MS with tubs on the Bliss), and to have a larger shower stall.

So if anyone reading this is on the July 7 Bliss sailing out of Seattle, and wants to increase your bid, I know of at least one MS available. My bid was $450 so $900 total. Bid the max and good luck!

Thank you for your help.

I'm a bit hesitant to book the Haven suite outright, as I haven't sailed with NCL before - so I don't really know if I will like it/NCL enough to spend with them at that level.

However, in researching now it seems that many staterooms on Getaway do not have bathtubs in the bathrooms! I'm shocked at the idea of the mini suite not having a simple plain bathtub included in the bathroom. Currently investigating what category I need to book in order to have a bathtub which has always been standard to my understanding.

Family mini suites and Haven Suites that sleep 4 guests (forward & aft suites, 2 BR Family Suite, Owners Suite, and Deluxe Owners Suite) have bathtubs on Getaway. It’s possible there are family mini suites that do not have a tub, but I have no experience in one - others here may.

We have decided to not take the upgrade. There are 4 of us, my youngest daughter and her 2 children ages 3 and 8(turning 9 on the cruise). As it stands now, we know we have a balcony cabin with the bed near the balcony and the pullman bunk from the ceiling over the couch bed. This set up works better for us and is not worth a risk that we will not get the pullman (most likely won't as most MS are for 3 not 4), or a bathtub (most likely won't as there are few MS with tubs on the Bliss), and to have a larger shower stall.

So if anyone reading this is on the July 7 Bliss sailing out of Seattle, and wants to increase your bid, I know of at least one MS available. My bid was $450 so $900 total. Bid the max and good luck!

I’m curious how you were able cancel after your bid was accepted. I thought it was like Priceline or Hotwire, once your bid is accepted all sales are final.

How were you able to decline the upgrade? The normal terms and conditions state that all upgrades are final. Plus, they shouldn't allow you to bid on or place you in a cabin that doesn't hold the number of people in your reservation.

How were you able to decline the upgrade? The normal terms and conditions state that all upgrades are final. Plus, they shouldn't allow you to bid on or place you in a cabin that doesn't hold the number of people in your reservation.
Couple ways to "decline" :

not even bid..... or cancel your submitted bid before it's accepted

also, you can bid on a category however if your current reservation doesn't qualify for any staterooms in the category your bidding they simply don't award you the upgrade (like 4 passengers squeezing into a 3 passenger capacity stateroom)

Like others have mentioned, if you truly won your bid your card will already be charged, There is no way not to take the upgrade after it is awarded, unless you just received another email encouraging you to bid. That is not the same as winning your bid.

Couple ways to "decline" :

not even bid..... or cancel your submitted bid before it's accepted

also, you can bid on a category however if your current reservation doesn't qualify for any staterooms in the category your bidding they simply don't award you the upgrade (like 4 passengers squeezing into a 3 passenger capacity stateroom)

She said that her bid was accepted:-

“My Bliss cruise for July 7 has been sold out for over a week, yet I got an email yesterday my bid on an upgrade to the mini suite was accepted. Hoping it is a true upgrade.”

Enquiring minds want to know how she was able to decline.

Edited by Bunyan1967
additional comment

Very curious as to how Qwenya was able to "decline" his/her upgrade as well. My understanding and experience has been that bids are charged to the credit card on file immediately upon acceptance. I know when I got my upgrade on my Gem cruise earlier this month, I found out my bid had been accepted by seeing the charge to my credit card (I have notifications set up on my credit card for large amounts) before I even received the email from NCL.

I just got an email from NCL (powered by plusgrade) that my bidding has been accepted... I bid for the cruise on July the 8th on Getaway.. I had an inside and I won the bid for a balcony Mid ship!

Congrats!

I didn't think free was an option. I was just taking into account in my upgrade bidding process that I was booked into an as-yet unassigned "mini suite or higher" - so I knew that that is the last category before Haven starts, which was what I was bidding on.

I'm also very curious about Qwenya's ability to cancel an approved and therefore, paid for upgrade. It seems someone has either misunderstood their options or they were able to pull some strings.

I guess until Qwenya returns to fill us all in, it will remain a mystery.

I am in grad school paid for by my school district. I paid in advance for my courses last year and the District paid the school once I passed. That refund is set to go into a debit card used for school refunds. That debit card is what I used on my bids. The money has not been deposited into it yet and will not until Friday. So, the email said they tried to charge my card but it was declined and they asked me to try another card or call my bank and try again.

Now I have put all my personal business out there for the world to see, :-):D:D could someone tell me a guaranteed correct answer to this:

If there are 4 of us on the reservation, am I guaranteed to get a MS for 4 on the upgrade like I have with the B, i.e., with a pullman, or do they rationalize that 2 children can sleep on the sofa daybed? I might let it ride on Friday if I can be sure I will get the same size room as I have now,i.e., with a pullman.

I am in grad school paid for by my school district. I paid in advance for my courses last year and the District paid the school once I passed. That refund is set to go into a debit card used for school refunds. That debit card is what I used on my bids. The money has not been deposited into it yet and will not until Friday. So, the email said they tried to charge my card but it was declined and they asked me to try another card or call my bank and try again.

Now I have put all my personal business out there for the world to see, :-):D:D could someone tell me a guaranteed correct answer to this:

If there are 4 of us on the reservation, am I guaranteed to get a MS for 4 on the upgrade like I have with the B, i.e., with a pullman, or do they rationalize that 2 children can sleep on the sofa daybed? I might let it ride on Friday if I can be sure I will get the same size room as I have now,i.e., with a pullman.

But Carol, the cruise line is a business and if you agree to pay an amount for a cabin, whether an original or an upgrade, it's up to you to have the money in your account available to the cruiseline. You chose to apply for the upgrade and therefore, agreed to the terms which stipulate that the finances will be availbable when required. If they tried to charge your account and found that no money was available (or not enough money was available) that could very well cause cancellation of your whole cruise. YOu agreed to pay when you agreed to the upgrade advantage.

Hope I'm wrong but you seem to have misunderstood the terms and conditons.

Good luck

But Carol, the cruise line is a business and if you agree to pay an amount for a cabin, whether an original or an upgrade, it's up to you to have the money in your account available to the cruiseline. You chose to apply for the upgrade and therefore, agreed to the terms which stipulate that the finances will be availbable when required. If they tried to charge your account and found that no money was available (or not enough money was available) that could very well cause cancellation of your whole cruise. YOu agreed to pay when you agreed to the upgrade advantage.

Good luck

Have to agree with All-ready2cruise , NOT that I support NCL but it seems you broke

the agreement you had with them . I truly hope you don't suffer any financial consequences .

Another Good luck .

Good luck

I did not intentionally set out to defraud them. When I made the bid, I had been told the funds would be available to me by June 1, so I made my upgrade bids with confidence. It seems there was a hiccup on the process, which yes I should have factored into account. When the finds are finally available on Friday, I will let the upgrade ride and try to pay for it. I am not a dishonest person, and I was not trying to do anything sneaky. It just fell out this way, which is why I was loathe to publish my business, as there are some very snarky and rude people here (not you!)

Is it true they will put us in a MS for 4 or will they try to cram us into a MS for 3?

I just got an email from NCL (powered by plusgrade) that my bidding has been accepted... I bid for the cruise on July the 8th on Getaway.. I had an inside and I won the bid for a balcony Mid ship!

Ah lucky u, I go Sunday on the epic and my bids are still pending :rolleyes:

I did not intentionally set out to defraud them. When I made the bid, I had been told the funds would be available to me by June 1, so I made my upgrade bids with confidence. It seems there was a hiccup on the process, which yes I should have factored into account. When the finds are finally available on Friday, I will let the upgrade ride and try to pay for it. I am not a dishonest person, and I was not trying to do anything sneaky. It just fell out this way, which is why I was loathe to publish my business, as there are some very snarky and rude people here (not you!)

Is it true they will put us in a MS for 4 or will they try to cram us into a MS for 3?

From the reams of research I have done u will get an upgrade for 4 people. They def will not cram u into a cabin for 3 if there are 4 of you.

Let us know how Friday goes with NCL accepting ur offer of payment.

In all honesty, I would be calling NCL or your Travel Agent to let them know what is happening because technically at this point NCL could cancel your reservation totally and you would be out the cruise and the money you already paid. I would be more concerned with that aspect than what type of cabin they care going to place you in because they will place you in a cabin that accommodates 4 passengers, they have to because of many factors. But I would call ASAP to make sure you are not totally canceled.