Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Empress calls from October of 2018 to April of 2019 at Key West for Havana Cuba sailings have been reduced or eliminated some weeks.

Empress has now been booked with mixed intervals of 6,10/11/12 days at Cayman Ports through March of 2019 and then returning in December of 2019 that could indicate another port shift for the ship (or not).

It looks like these sailings will be released soon as they are being loaded into the RCI system.

There is some sort of reshuffling going on with the ships that are not being released in December.

Independence is showing up now at Cayman ports with a 14 day pattern indicating a 7 night Eastern/ Western pattern from November of 2019. The ship shows up the first on April 1, 2018 which could indicate a southern sailing with change of home port prior to a transatlantic. The ship then shows up again in November of 2019 following a summer season most likely in Europe.

There is some sort of reshuffling going on with the ships that are not being released in December.

Independence is showing up now at Cayman ports with a 14 day pattern indicating a 7 night Eastern/ Western pattern from November of 2019. The ship shows up the first on April 1, 2018 which could indicate a southern sailing with change of home port prior to a transatlantic. The ship then shows up again in November of 2019 following a summer season most likely in Europe.

Isn‘t her current 5/5/4 also a 14 day pattern that could include one stop in Grand Cayman?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess: the Europe sailings of the ships officially mentioned in the image will be released by week of Dec 11.

Those are: Rhapsody, Vision, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade, Oasis.

The sailings from Southampton seem to be released later.

Usually Transatlantics also were released later in the past, so here I’d also count on March 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn‘t her current 5/5/4 also a 14 day pattern that could include one stop in Grand Cayman?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always just use port bookings and Indy is currently only showing me the following bookings at Cayman Ports. That certainly could be the 5/5/4 pattern as well.

1.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Apr 1 2018 9:30AMApr 1 2018 6:30PM

2.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Nov 12 2019 7:00AMNov 12 2019 3:30PM

3.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Nov 27 2019 7:00AMNov 27 2019 3:30PM

4.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Dec 11 2019 7:00AMDec 11 2019 3:30PM

5.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Dec 25 2019 7:00AMDec 25 2019 3:30PM

6.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Jan 8 2020 7:00AMJan 8 2020 3:30PM

7.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Jan 22 2020 7:00AMJan 22 2020 3:30PM

8.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Feb 5 2020 7:00AMFeb 5 2020 3:30PM

9.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Feb 19 2020 7:00AMFeb 19 2020 3:30PM

10.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Mar 4 2020 7:00AMMar 4 2020 3:30PM

11.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Mar 18 2020 7:00AMMar 18 2020 3:30PM

12.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Apr 1 2020 7:00AMApr 1 2020 3:30PM

13.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Apr 15 2020 7:00AMApr 15 2020 3:30PM

14.Independence of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Cruises4,4004,400Apr 29 2020 7:00AMApr 29 2020 3:30PM

^ it could also be that Indy will do the 6/8 day runs like Freedom is doing now which include stops in GC.

That sounds even more likely.

What I was really trying to point out with that post is that it could appear that Indy is not currently scheduled on a sailing that would call on Cayman Ports on the 1st of April 2019.

This could indicate a move of Indy prior to any transatlantic sailing to Southampton.

Indy currently has several Port Everglades sailings in April of 2019 and they are currently still open for booking. That April 1st 2019 call at Cayman that was booked along with her winter season from November of 2019 is an outlier and might indicate a move from Port Everglades even prior to the transatlantic.

The Top Tier Event last night on Ovation of the Seas passengers were told Bora Bora is a Port on the Sydney to Hawaii April 2019 for Ovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said Sydney to Hawaii. Sounds like Ovation s going to do 2 cruises.....like Radiance. Any more info is greatly appreciated.

You said Sydney to Hawaii. Sounds like Ovation s going to do 2 cruises.....like Radiance. Any more info is greatly appreciated.

This has been talked about on several threads since the original TP was cancelled on the Explorer. Apr 17 2019 Sydney to Honolulu and May 4 Honolulu to Vancouver. We don’t know actual itineraries yet.

Those of us on the Explorer will get 20% off those Ovation sailings or 10% off another cruise. We were told we would have first choice when bookings come out on Dec 11, but we will see with that.

Edited by crzndeb

This has been talked about on several threads since the original TP was cancelled on the Explorer. Apr 17 2019 Sydney to Honolulu and May 4 Honolulu to Vancouver. We don’t know actual itineraries yet.

Those of us on the Explorer will get 20% off those Ovation sailings or 10% off another cruise. We were told we would have first choice when bookings come out on Dec 11, but we will see with that.

Thanks....and Good Luck!

My guess: the Europe sailings of the ships officially mentioned in the image will be released by week of Dec 11.

Those are: Rhapsody, Vision, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade, Oasis.

The sailings from Southampton seem to be released later.

Usually Transatlantics also were released later in the past, so here I’d also count on March 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does this mean Indy is unlikely to be in Europe in 2019?

The Top Tier Event last night on Ovation of the Seas passengers were told Bora Bora is a Port on the Sydney to Hawaii April 2019 for Ovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good move as it so difficult to get to bora bora to/from Australia. Having a choice of laid back cruising on Radiance or adventure activities on Ovation sea days is fantastic.

Might just have to try both!

From the other perspective, we were booked on the Ovation repo Sydney to Singapore, we are now on Explorer for one day longer, slightly better itinerary, but without the ship's bells and whistles.

All we were offered in the UK was transfer to Explorer at protected price for similar cabin grade plus 200USD as OBC, or free cancellation. We reluctantly took the Explorer as the cruise is part of our slow trip home, but good deal it isn't as Ovation was already at premium prices for a better ship.

So basically the two ships swap itineraries from late March 19, except that RCL have taken the opportunity to split the original long TP into two cruises at Honolulu, thus making serious bucks from the changes!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/design-unveiled-for-cruise-terminal-in-newcastle-nsw.html

The New South Wales Parliamentary Secretary for Planning, the Central Coast and the Hunter, Scot MacDonald, has unveiled GHDWoodhead’s design for the Newcastle Cruise Terminal.

‘It cements the city as an international cruise destination and will deliver flow on benefits to the region’s already thriving tourism industry,’ MacDonald said.

‘Additionally, it complements the increased capacity of Newcastle Airport.’

The new terminal, to be built at the Channel Berth, will enable the port to handle larger cruise ships and will position Newcastle as a home port.

‘According to the Australian Cruise Association’s estimates, cruise shipping in Newcastle currently injects around A$11m per annum to the local economy,’ Port of Newcastle ceo Geoff Crowe said.

‘Homeporting has the potential to deliver even more economic value to the region via more cruise ships and more visitors and the opportunity for local businesses to provide goods and services for the provisioning of vessels,’ Crowe said.

‘Throughout the design process, Port of Newcastle has worked with the cruise industry, tourism representatives and Australian border agencies to factor in their requirements.’

The A$12.7m Newcastle Cruise Terminal is funded by the NSW Government’s Restart NSW Hunter Infrastructure Investment Fund.

Construction will begin in early 2018 and the terminal is due for completion by the end of the year.

‘We look forward to welcoming Explorer of the Seas on her maiden visit to Newcastle in February 2019, the largest cruise ship to visit our port carrying 3,900 passengers,’ Crowe said.

Does this mean Indy is unlikely to be in Europe in 2019?

No, I wouldn't say this, she has several port listings in Europe in 2019, and I wouldn't know what she should do in 2019 other then Europe.

But at least it's question mark that RCI seems to open the Southampton sailings later than the other Europe sailings.

Maybe it's because of Voyagers redeployment from Asia to Europe, that some things need to be finalized there.

Also there's the rumor of Quantum coming back to Europe.

Also there's the rumor of Quantum coming back to Europe.

We need the chiefs' expertise here to tell us how much leeway do the 5 yr dry docks have? Quantum first sailed in Nov so the dry dock would not be needed until very late in the year which may affect the schedule and where she goes.