NCL Refund Help

shanegela

I recently cruised on Pride of America in Hawaii 03/11-03/17. The itinerary was changed from 7 days to 6 days on 02/22. I was told on 02/25 that I would be getting a refund. It's now after the cruise (3 weeks later) and I have yet to receive a refund.

Prior to the cruise, I called Norwegian support multiple times and was told I would get a follow up call but never did.

On the cruise, I was told they could not help me on the ship and would have to call the support line.

Today, I called into Norwegian support line and spoke to 4 different representatives to follow up on the refund.

The last representative told me she couldn't help me and wanted to redirect me back to the queue.

When I asked to speak to her manager, she told me she has no manager and reports to the president and CEO.

I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed with the customer service from Norwegian.

I submitted a case online based on the information from this reference. After submitting a case, I got a confirmation email saying I should wait up to 15 business days before hearing back. That's another 3 weeks!

I simply want my refund with an explanation of how the amount was calculated. Is there anyone who knows who I can contact to get this resolved?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Was there a roll call for that cruise? Maybe other people on that cruise can let you know how their refund is being handled and if it was received yet.

Good idea, but looks like roll call for cruises that have taken place are no longer available... Thank you.

Good idea, but looks like roll call for cruises that have taken place are no longer available... Thank you.

No, the thread is still there. They don't disappear right away. Do not use the find option, because that won't display past cruises. Just view all the threads.

Edited by vince_g

Its been too long, I would escalate it with a supervisor.

I know its different scenario but I cancelled a cruise (not past final payment) last week and got my deposit refund within a week.

Not sure why it takes this type of refund longer but it shouldn't.

We had a similar situation after a POA cruise. NCL promised refunds (or credit toward a new cruise) but it took months before we actually received anything. After waiting for months, my husband contacted NCL through several media outlets and we had our refund overnighted to us. Good luck and let us know how long it actually takes before you receive your refund. NCL does monitor the Cruise Critic boards.

When our cruise in September was cancelled for the hurricane we got the cruise refunded in 2 weeks it however took months and many calls to get the dining and shore excursions refunded, in the end we got our credit card company to deal with it. I’m now due another refund which was to take 7 days according to Ncl but 4 weeks later nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Shanegela,

When I cruise I always purchase the maximum allowable OBC, so I always have a credit balance at the end of each cruise. It has never taken even close to 3 months to receive a refund.

Only problem I had is getting a refund for some shore excursions NCL canceled back in November 2017, due to the hurricanes. And that had to do with my purchasing 2 of the excursions with a "shop safe number" (virtual CC number). I did not override the 2 month expiration date on the shop safe numbers when I generated them in August. When NCL tried to send the credits through, they would not process.

My little mistake with the expiration dates had me waiting until March to receive a check. Thankfully I do not carry balances on CCs.

I predict you will see something in the next couple of weeks.

Its been too long, I would escalate it with a supervisor.

I know its different scenario but I cancelled a cruise (not past final payment) last week and got my deposit refund within a week.

Not sure why it takes this type of refund longer but it shouldn't.

OP has been off the cruise 2 days. Patience is required.

We were also with Oceandreaming2 - it took about 3 months. The credit toward new cruise came onto my NCL account in about a couple or so weeks but the reimbursements came about 3 months later in form of a cheque.

Please be aware you aren't one of the few, but hundreds/thousands (not just POA, but also other NCL ships), so it takes a while.

We too were on trip with OD2 and Bluesea exactly 2 years ago.

We had two refunds - one took a couple months the other 16 weeks and both were via a check.

That being said, most reports of refunds since for other incidents indicate credit to credit card and not nearly that long.

I recently cruised on Pride of America in Hawaii 03/11-03/17. The itinerary was changed from 7 days to 6 days on 02/22. I was told on 02/25 that I would be getting a refund. It's now after the cruise (3 weeks later) and I have yet to receive a refund.

Prior to the cruise, I called Norwegian support multiple times and was told I would get a follow up call but never did.

On the cruise, I was told they could not help me on the ship and would have to call the support line.

Today, I called into Norwegian support line and spoke to 4 different representatives to follow up on the refund.

The last representative told me she couldn't help me and wanted to redirect me back to the queue.

When I asked to speak to her manager, she told me she has no manager and reports to the president and CEO.

I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed with the customer service from Norwegian.

I submitted a case online based on the information from this reference. After submitting a case, I got a confirmation email saying I should wait up to 15 business days before hearing back. That's another 3 weeks!

I simply want my refund with an explanation of how the amount was calculated. Is there anyone who knows who I can contact to get this resolved?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Contact your credit card provider and open a dispute. Why would anyone wait for a cruise line to refund on their time table? If you told the cruise line you would pay three months after the cruise they would not allow it. So why should you wait? You should not wait credit card dispute, with some cards money back in your account within a day.