Can't Use Future Cruise Credit???

diane.in.ny

Your Future Cruise Deposit can certainly be used towards your new booking.

If you have any future cruise credits they will be applied as payments/credits towards the cruise fare but not as the initial deposit

I know the alphabet soup of FCC vs FCD can be confusing, especially when Princess' legal jargon incorrectly uses the terms interchangeably. But they are two different items with two different uses.

I just booked the Regal for a Northern Europe itinerary, 2019.

My booking confirmation says that "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit."

Has anyone seen this before?

And I wonder, why the heck did I buy them if I can't use them?

The statement on your confirmation is "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits)."

You purchased a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) - not a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). You receive a FCC from Princess for reasons such as cancelling a cruise under Princess Vacation Protection under Cancel for any Reason.

Thank you all!!!

I went to my personalizer and it says Future Cruise Credits $200

I know I bought (2) Future Cruise Deposits and assumed that was the online documentation for them.

Very confusing, as has already been pointed out, when Princess uses FCC when it should be FCD.

Yay! Now I'll deposit the cruise :D

Thanks again

(Love this forum and its members!)

What??

On my next cruise, I planned on buying a future cruise credit which can be used as a deposit in the future.............right??????

What you are referring to are now called Future Cruise Deposits (FCD). These can be used as your deposit on your next booking.

I just booked the Regal for a Northern Europe itinerary, 2019.

My booking confirmation says that "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit."

Has anyone seen this before?

And I wonder, why the heck did I buy them if I can't use them?

Do you have and did you use a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) that you purchased on board to place a deposit on the cruise? If yes, then once on board you will have Future Cruise Credits (FCC) in the form of OBC's. OBC's can not be used to pay for the balance of your cruise nor for any deposits.

Why did you buy them? You made a smart move. You get a reduced deposit of $100 and you receive OBC in amounts which vary by the type of cabin and length of cruise.

Do you have and did you use a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) that you purchased on board to place a deposit on the cruise? If yes, then once on board you will have Future Cruise Credits (FCC) in the form of OBC's. OBC's can not be used to pay for the balance of your cruise nor for any deposits.

Why did you buy them? You made a smart move. You get a reduced deposit of $100 and you receive OBC in amounts which vary by the type of cabin and length of cruise.

Yup. It's just that I got confused with Princess' reference to FCC versus FCD. On my personalizer it says FCC. But I discovered that if I clicked the down arrow for details, it does specifically say Future Cruise Deposit. So I'm good to go :D

Yup. It's just that I got confused with Princess' reference to FCC versus FCD. On my personalizer it says FCC. But I discovered that if I clicked the down arrow for details, it does specifically say Future Cruise Deposit. So I'm good to go :D

Yes, correct. I was going to post this after reading your earlier post above. The general heading is Future Cruise Credits and when you expand the details, you will have Future Cruise Deposits. I also happen to have one titled "Visitor Program" which is my FCC from a BVE (that was actually cancelled by Princess, but we still got the credit). Maybe someone else with a true FCC (from a cancellation, move over, rebate for missed day of a cruise, etc, can post how that amount is labelled, but it might be "Future Cruise Credit". If it is more specific, then perhaps a FCD is better described as one TYPE of FCC, of which there can be several.

There's also an issue (for some, me being one of them)...I'm unable to apply my FCDs when I book online. I have to call Princess to book. Some kind of computer glitch.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. The nice Princess lady basically that the system won't let you apply them online; you have to call to get it done. I ended up putting my cabin on hold, then called my TA and got it taken care of. At least I got the cabin I wanted!