Now can't book 2019 cruise - most cabins marked sold out?

rocklinmom

Am not sure if it is only a UK thing, but it was definitely on there tonight.

Oh didn't even see you were in the UK...yeah we would be going from California over to Italy...would love if they did free flights then......but probably not...that may be one of the times I may do the princess air though with all the pitfalls that could happen with that long of a flight.

You are NOT alone!!!

There is another similar thread like this.

I went online today because we had been waiting for these 2019 itineraries

to be released and all I can say is "Holy Cowabunga!"

All 4 itineraries and various dated and ships are basically nearly booked.

We always get a balcony and this is ridiculous! Oh well, there are two other

cruise lines that we enjoy.

Yes I will be watching for NCL to release their summer 2019 cruises and I’m now looking at RC’s British Isles cruises. I am just too frustrated with Princess now, unless they fix their booking system for 2019. I hate to give up my elite status with them but this is nothing but frustration right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked yesterday for a 2019 cruise and had no difficulty at all booking a cabin. LOTS of cabins available. We booked the Search for the Northern Lights cruise. Now I need to figure out what to take after that one. Perhaps make our way to Barcelona and then take the cruise from there to FLL. :D

The problem seems to be with the summer British Isles cruises, which will board in Southampton, Dublin, and France. They are only releasing a few cabins (and none next to each other for those of us who need two) on the Dublin and France departures. And the price jumped $100pp today for about a half hour, then disappeared. I wanted to book out of Dublin with two interior cabins, since it's a 12 day cruise for 5 people so obviously not cheap. I can't get that as of now, only one pair of OV cabins that are next to each other and would cost over 2K more. The interior cabins are all showing on the Southampton departures, but we have sailed from there before and would like to go out of Dublin.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have been able to book 2019 cruises without any issues.

Just booked the Barcelona to FLL cruise. Many cabins showing sold out but the cruise is also able to be booked as Barcelona to LA so I'm guessing that a lot of cabins are being held for those bookings. The trip all the way to LA would be more convenient for us as far as flights go but it's also much longer and much more costly so I think we'll deal with the longer flight from FLL to Sacramento.

What I don't get is the holding...is their system not smart enough to know if it was booked for part of the options then to mark it sold on all, but why mark most sold on most options and only leave 1 option to have all the cabins...what if the cabin is really open but someone doesn't want to do say the entire trip but only one of the portions like a week or so...they are essentially saying that person is SOL because they don't want to spend the mass $$ and go for the longer trip? This just seems ridiculous. I had the opposite happen when I tried to book a b2b as a 14 day. they offered it as 2 7 days or 1 14 day.....I wanted the 14 so I went in to book a 14 day and showed most ship sold...went into the 2 7 day options and entire ship was open........come on...lame

The cruise I was looking at was a 7 days that continued on to a 14 days. I wanted a certain cabin for a 14 day Med in Oct 2019 on the Sky. The cabin was being held for the 7 day Med cruise, my agent had to fight with Princess to over ride their system so I could have it for the 14 day.

Keep in mind that Travel Agencies and Consortiums are blocking Group Space on all of these cruises. Their space is reviewed every few months and cabins are taken back if the agencies have not sold the space. When I called our TA to book us on the 13th she said she would get some group space for that date for a better price and extra amenities.

Keep in mind that Travel Agencies and Consortiums are blocking Group Space on all of these cruises. Their space is reviewed every few months and cabins are taken back if the agencies have not sold the space. When I called our TA to book us on the 13th she said she would get some group space for that date for a better price and extra amenities.

I believe that is what is happening but is that good policy? What is better, a bird in the hand or two in the bush?

They are denying a paying customer today for what might happen in the future.

I don't know what is happening either but when I looked at Princess site last night for TA/BI in April 2019, I was shocked at how many cabins had been "sold" and that some categories on all decks were sold out. Then I decided to check thru the big box warehouse club we usually use (rhymes with the bosco I used to put in milk as a kid). Their site showed plenty of cabins available.

You don't have to be a member to check out available cabins on their web site. But I have found this with other cruise sites too, so maybe that's a way to double-check actual availability?

Good luck and happy cruising

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typos

I tried to book transatlantic from Helsinki to NY Aug 31,2019

Balcony, everything included obstructed views were sold out on Emerald deck

Except for guaranteed on Dec14 11:30 EST.

That evening from home I tried again there were 2 aft Balaconies available on Emerald deck

I immediately grabbed it. I would rather know the location of my cabin than take a chance with a guarantee cabin.

I know transatlantics are popular, can’t believe most of the cabins sold out

Will keep my eye on availability & pricing over 2018 & 2019

Any ideas why this is happening??

Judy