Jeans. In Specialy Restaurants

mamaofami

Many cities, including here in Toronto and in New York City along with lots of European cities accept jeans in any and all restaurants, including very expensive, fine dining restaurants.

We dined at the Dorchester in London some while ago and yes, there were some gents in neat ressed jeans and a sport coat. They were clean neat and disturbbed no one. That was a very high level, fine dining restauarant and we all greatly enjoyed. So yes, I have certainly seeen jeans being worn in some very fine dining rooms.

We dined at the Dorchester in London some while ago and yes, there were some gents in neat ressed jeans and a sport coat. They were clean neat and disturbbed no one. That was a very high level, fine dining restauarant and we all greatly enjoyed. So yes, I have certainly seeen jeans being worn in some very fine dining rooms.
Yes, I've also experienced this in many nice restaurants, Sail. Your operative words are "clean, neat".

Yes, I've also experienced this in many nice restaurants, Sail. Your operative words are "clean, neat".

Yes, I agree, that makes it more celarr, however, I know Carol's DH. will also fit that description.

Thank you Jacque, Judy, Rocket Man and Lady Arwen for your kind words.

Just for the record, we are New Yorkers and eat in very fine restaurants. We know how to dress. My DH will wear whatever he wants and he will look great as he always does, and we will enjoy our meals in the specialty restaurants. ( He always was planning on wearing dress pants to Pinnacle). But, at Tamarand, he will wear jeans, unless he changes his mind.

I’ve been posting on this board for a long time, and in the last year I’ve noticed the change in the tone of posts.

Just for the record, we are New Yorkers and eat in very fine restaurants. We know how to dress. My DH will wear whatever he wants and he will look great as he always does, and we will enjoy our meals in the specialty restaurants. ( He always was planning on wearing dress pants to Pinnacle). But, at Tamarand, he will wear jeans, unless he changes his mind.

I’ve been posting on this board for a long time, and in the last year I’ve noticed the change in the tone of posts.

I have also noticed that there are some posters who can be quite abrasive at times. However, people like you, and others too numerous to mention, make it all worthwhile and a pleasure to talk with. I sincerely hope you and your husband enjoy your cruise. Wishing you Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!

If people start the what shall we wear thread, they have to understand that it's going to start the whole argument up yet again.

Sandra

One shouldn't blame the person sincerely asking for information when the real problem stems from those who choose to start an argument.

Carol... you and Sam have a wonderful time! On the cruises we have done together, Sam always looked great...I’m sure he will this time. Hope we can catch up in Fort Lauderdale!

I’m not on here much anymore...this will be our first cruise since ‘15.

Trust me, the board has changed...a lot of the old timers are gone.

Sorry you had to endure such rudeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol... you and Sam have a wonderful time! On the cruises we have done together, Sam always looked great...I’m sure he will this time. Hope we can catch up in Fort Lauderdale!

I’m not on here much anymore...this will be our first cruise since ‘15.

Trust me, the board has changed...a lot of the old timers are gone.

Sorry you had to endure such rudeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Sheila. Looking forward to meeting up after your cruise.

I only just read this thread and I am appalled at some of these posts. Your DH will be fine in his jeans Carol - I am sure they won't be ripped (though they pay much more for jeans with holes in!) or grubby. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Edited to say dresss jeans.

I always wonder what people mean when they say 'dress jeans'. Does this characterization somehow change what we're talking about here. Is it okay then to wear 'dress jeans' to a formal wedding?

I'm really just trying to understand the 'dress jeans' concept... honestly. :confused:

I’m sorry your innocent question provoked such unnecessary vitriol. Anyone with half a brain can see there is a difference between smart dress jeans and gardening jeans. I am sure your husband will look just fine.

I agree about the tone on this board. I used to post every day but in recent months I rarely do. In fact, I seldom read CC any more.

I'm sure your husband is going to look fine - you are experienced cruisers and know how to dress appropriately for dinner. I'd much rather see a man in a good fitting pair of jeans than one who continues to wear the 3 pleat baggy khaki's that were so fashionable a number of years ago. I call them "old man pants". LOL

Have a wonderful cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I’m sorry your innocent question provoked such unnecessary vitriol. Anyone with half a brain can see there is a difference between smart dress jeans and gardening jeans. I am sure your husband will look just fine.

I agree about the tone on this board. I used to post every day but in recent months I rarely do. In fact, I seldom read CC any more.

I agree with this whole post. It takes a real numbskull to not know the difference between working jeans and dress jeans. Some of the replies in this thread were downright rude.

Edited by Cruzaholic41

I'd like to add my experience...

Two cruises I ALMOST didn't go on because of THIS attitude that seemed to exist on a couple of cruise lines, Celebrity and HAL. This MAINLY over dress codes. You would THINK from reading some posts on both forums that both cruise lines employed security with batons and tasers to enforce these codes!

What a JOKE! Once aboard the ships all these issues seemed to fade away! All these complainers and enforcers were non-exhistant and nowhere to be found! Staffs on both lines were friendly, inviting, welcoming, etc, etc as were the fellow cruisers! Dining room personnel were MUCH more flexible than the impression I had.

No doubt you'll have a great cruise and don't worry about this one bit...

LET IT GO - there is a code -- some of us like it -- it isn't inforced - dress how you want -

don't complain cause some of us LIKE dressing up - we won't complain if you come in jeans and whatever.

Sure is a lot of complaining about persons not dressing up in these threads.

Very few, if any, complaints about persons who do dress up.

Why so one-sided?

Sure is a lot of complaining about persons not dressing up in these threads.

Very few, if any, complaints about persons who do dress up.

Why so one-sided?

Not to mention, the code IS being followed by OP. There are NO Gala nights on their cruise.

I am pleased to see that the majority of us do understand and know Carol and her DH are seasoned cruisers and "know how to dress". :rolleyes: Sad that a few can't make that distinction.

Two cruises I ALMOST didn't go on because of THIS attitude that seemed to exist on a couple of cruise lines, Celebrity and HAL. This MAINLY over dress codes. You would THINK from reading some posts on both forums that both cruise lines employed security with batons and tasers to enforce these codes!

What a JOKE! Once aboard the ships all these issues seemed to fade away! All these complainers and enforcers were non-exhistant and nowhere to be found! Staffs on both lines were friendly, inviting, welcoming, etc, etc as were the fellow cruisers! Dining room personnel were MUCH more flexible than the impression I had.

Great insights, chill6x6,especially insofar as the very unfortunate impression given by many CCers that their views/opinions are representative of what real HAL cruisers believe and/or of what actually occurs on HAL cruises. I have come to realize that those who claim to know everything seldom know anything!!!

Good for you. I went through a similar process where I cancelled a Celebrity and two Holland cruises over the opinions expressed by many about those who choose to dress in a casual manner. I finally decided not to let anonymous posters on the internet influence my decisions.

I have found it reassuring that the people who know me from this board know we are seasoned cruisers and would dress nicely and to code.

I asked the original question because we haven’t cruised in several years and wondered if there were any dress code changes.

It’s to bad that new comers are scared away since these boards are only representative of a small amount of HAL cruisers.