chrome safari not showing boards - blank page only

dexddd

I know, I have reported this under glitches and bugs but so far there are only about 10 posts. Anyone else on day 3 of Safari or Chrome only giving blank pages on the boards here?

NO response from CC on that page so far. IE works.

I know, I have reported this under glitches and bugs but so far there are only about 10 posts. Anyone else on day 3 of Safari or Chrome only giving blank pages on the boards here?

Clear Chrome cookies \ cache..... then try again

I use Safari on my ipad and haven't had any problems with CC.

I am using Chrome. Just checked Safari and it is working fine.

Might be something specific on your computer. Post all the details of your system.. computer, versions of each browser, OS version, etc.

Thanks. Two different computers same problem. Those of us that reported it on the glitches page all started the same time.

I'll look into details of OS etc.

Thanks all for the help. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

I did clear cache and cookies with no luck the other day and again today.

I'll reach out to the younger generation when I get back home later today to see if they can fix it.

Safari not working on my iPad. Anyone know of a fix? Downloaded CC Forum from the App Store in order to see the boards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too get the blank boards page on my iPhone. PC works fine. I also am now using the CC Forum App on my phone.

Hopefully CC can figure out a fix but it has been 4 months since they told me they were working on the problem of no notifications on subscribed threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Update to 61 no luck.

Hello, Dex ... ;p It might be related to browser extensions and/or add-on for Chrome ?? Try to load webpages using the Incognito Mode (new window) to see if it make any difference ... could be your choice of default "Search" engine.

Temporary disabled all extensions & add-on, try again & re-enable them one by one to see, could be one of the anti-virus or ad-blocker, etc. (Flash doesn't run on Chrome so that's not it, maybe Java scripts ??)

Are you connected wirelessly (firewall/router ports ??) - any difference if you can connect the same device/PC or Mac hardware via hard-wiring (ethernet) ? Install a clean & fresh Firefox browsers, move/import your bookmarks, etc. and see if that helped or do anything difference.

Win 10 on a laptop... same issue here. I updated chrome and cleared all cashe etc. I opened a new window incognito- ctrl shift n typed in boards.cruisecritic.com and it works. I also have a guest acct on laptop... no issues using that account... gonna figure it out.

The typical clear history did not work... But... in the address bar when you connect to cruisecritic you have the https: in fron t of the site name.... when you go to the boards look at the address bar.. you see an i with a circle around it. I click on the i symbol and get a pop up. it says cookies with the number is use... it is clickable, so I did. Then I clear those cookies and now it works.

The RCCL forum also has a (short) thread about this. IslandLady posted that she DID get a response from CC Tech Support, and that she had to go into Advanced Settings in Chrome to clear the CC cookies individually.

The typical clear history did not work... But... in the address bar when you connect to cruisecritic you have the https: in fron t of the site name.... when you go to the boards look at the address bar.. you see an i with a circle around it. I click on the i symbol and get a pop up. it says cookies with the number is use... it is clickable, so I did. Then I clear those cookies and now it works.

I just tried this and it worked! Thanks grhoney!!!

There are several reasons Chrome can display a blank page. It is always related to Chrome, even if it is only on one site. You can Google "Chrome blank pages" and get (about) 9 different things that can cause it. Some have complex solutions.

Clearing cookies on the site can sometimes work and clicking the little icon in the address bar (the "i" notification) and clicking the link for the cookies in use, then clicking the "Remove" button sometimes works.

If that doesn't work, then you can go through different scenarios to clear out Chrome's cache, delete the profile, etc. But the easiest thing to do is to go to "Add / Remove Programs" and uninstall Chrome. Then, use Firefox or the default Microsoft browser (IE or Edge) to download and reinstall Chrome. In most cases you'll find all your old settings and preferences in place and it will work.