Question about Platinum Status

Lunur

I currently have 68 points (Gold) and booked a 7 day cruise. Will I be given Platinum status for this entire cruise? How does this work? Is there anything I need to do? Thank you so much for your help!

We have 69 days and are going on a 7 day. When I asked, the PVP told me that, no, we will be gold and not platinum until the 6th day. But, we will get full platinum benefits from the beginning and all our documents will show platinum. What????????

Is this the same concept as

" double secret probation " from Animal House?

We have 69 days and are going on a 7 day. When I asked, the PVP told me that, no, we will be gold and not platinum until the 6th day. But, we will get full platinum benefits from the beginning and all our documents will show platinum. What????????

Your PVP does not know the drill. Yes, your boarding pass will say priority, and your sail & sign card will be 'platinum'. But if for some reason you don't sail, your status will revert back to gold. EM

Your PVP does not know the drill. Yes, your boarding pass will say priority, and your sail & sign card will be 'platinum'. But if for some reason you don't sail, your status will revert back to gold. EM

Here's a hypothetical question. What if I don't sail, but it's too late for any refund? Do I still get credit for the sea days since I did, in fact, pay for the cruise?

thinking about booking the 24-day Splendor to Singapore next year. I will have 51 points at the beginning of the cruise. will I be Platinum??

Karen

If your 75th day is the debark day, not usually. It is the exception, If the 75th day falls the day before, usually yes.

Just an FYI My own platinum experience.

I just got back from a B2B on the Vista.

A 6 day followed by an 8day. I was not due to be platinum until the 8 day but since the cruises were linked we had platinum privilege for the 6 day as well!!!!

We got platinum gifts and perks for both sailings,

tenor.gif?itemid=5043292

A 6 day followed by an 8day. I was not due to be platinum until the 8 day but since the cruises were linked we had platinum privilege for the 6 day as well!!!!

So if I booked say three 25-day cruises...back to back to back...I could be platinum on my first cruise?

I would find a new pvp who understands Carnival policies

Your PVP is correct. It is customary, but not guaranteed, that you will receive the benefits from day 1. If you interrupt your cruise prior to achieving 75 days, you still won't be Platinum.

Per the terms and conditions of the program:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise.LEVEL

BLUE

First Cruise

RED

Second Cruise – 24 VIFP Points

GOLD

25 – 74 VIFP Points

PLATINUM

75 – 199 VIFP Points

DIAMOND

200 and more VIFP Points

tenor.gif?itemid=5043292

This is very intriguing to me! We're doing our first back to back in April, and won't technically turn Platinum until the second leg. Did you do anything special to "link" your 2 cruises?