Still stuck in ship..

Horsegoer

Although 2 hours is a bit excessive, customs delays at the Manhattan port are often bad (it got so bad coming off the ship one time there was a fistfight over someone trying to squeeze on the escalator (which caused more delays).

Combine a poorly designed customs area with understaffing and this is what you get!

2 hour delay getting off NCL breakaway here in NYC. Announcements saying there's congestion in customs...still waiting!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this happens almost all of the time at NYC. It seems the custom area at the terminal cant handle these big ships that hold 4k people

this happens almost all of the time at NYC. It seems the custom area at the terminal cant handle these big ships that hold 4k people

It happened to us on the Jewel years ago, I think it's more of a Sunday and not enough customs agents.

Our line to get off Epic in March took forever too.

We were in the Owners Suite so this was our second time waiting in line all week (Howl at Moon first)... so, we just laughed it off. We never book flights before noon. Disembarkation day is waiting day.

2 hour delay getting off NCL breakaway here in NYC. Announcements saying there's congestion in customs...still waiting!!!!!!

Delays do happen and are frustrating. But in my experience delays are the exception and not the rule. A few times I have been able to get to airport well ahead of time and book an earlier flight so it goes both ways.

Hope you can relax and not lose that wonderful vacation glow!

Delays do happen and are frustrating. But in my experience delays are the exception and not the rule. A few times I have been able to get to airport well ahead of time and book an earlier flight so it goes both ways.

Hope you can relax and not lose that wonderful vacation glow!

That right there is the main problem with Cruise Critic...too much emphasis on the exceptions and not the rules. No matter what, someone pops up with the exception as a way to invalidate any advice, story, review, issue, etc...

No wonder noobs can't figure out what is going on.

The problem with this "logic" is the "what happens then" aspect that is never covered. For example, you arrive at the airport early...great...you might be able to get on an earlier flight and you might not, but even so all you have to do is wait for your flight...no problem.

However, if you bank on the "in my experience" or the "exception" advice and you miss your flight...then what? Will the airline even honor your ticket? Is there another flight? What will that flight even cost?

But who care, right? After all, we're not the ones stranded in the airport, are we. ;p Nope...its the noob who relied on "oh, we always book a 10:30am flight...no problem" who is screwed over.

Remember...you have to plan and be ready for what goes WRONG...not for what goes right. ;)

So delay was about 2-1/2 hours. Oh well not the end of the world. Cruise was very nice. Food and staff were great. Bermuda was very enjoyable and even with all the negatively we rented a moped. It was not dangerous at all. I can see how a timid person who has not ridden a moped/motorcycle could get into trouble. The moped afforded us the chance to go where we wanted when we wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So delay was about 2-1/2 hours. Oh well not the end of the world. Cruise was very nice. Food and staff were great. Bermuda was very enjoyable and even with all the negatively we rented a moped. It was not dangerous at all. I can see how a timid person who has not ridden a moped/motorcycle could get into trouble. The moped afforded us the chance to go where we wanted when we wanted.

Nice to hear! Glad you had a good cruise.

Is there any surprise there was a delay getting off the ship? We had about an hour and a half delay to get on last week. Motto of the week- hurry up and wait!

The customs situation was a different story. It was like they didn't know a ship with 4000 people was docking today. There was only 5 of the 16 lanes open. I thought we were at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although 2 hours is a bit excessive, customs delays at the Manhattan port are often bad (it got so bad coming off the ship one time there was a fistfight over someone trying to squeeze on the escalator (which caused more delays).

Combine a poorly designed customs area with understaffing and this is what you get!

Where is the "like" button because I could not agree more with this post. I absolutely hate that terminal.