Carnival liberty vs royal carribean enchantment?

Cara424

I am planning on taking a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas with my girlfriends and our teenage daughters. We are looking at the Royal Carribean Enchantment or the Carnival Liberty. We have heard the Enchantment is nicer, but the Carnival Liberty has more to do for the teenagers. Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you!

No advice on which one as we are going on our first cruise on Liberty over New Years but wanted to share that today I was looking for another cruise and saw that Royal Carribean has 50% of the second passenger, making it pretty much the same price as Carnival. Not sure how accurate this is but my travel agent told me the Carnival hits the young teen group a lot better than Royal Carribean because it splits the teen age group.

I would choose theLiberty over the Enchantment. The Enchantment is very modern, but the Liberty has a very grand vibe to it with the floral theme. The staterooms are bigger, and the 2.0 updates are very nice and they will be enjoyed by all. The Carnival Teen club will be fun for them, and the sea day instead of the Private Island stop will be a good time for them to have some ship time and enjoy the day onboard.

Either option is great, so you cannot go wrong! I enjoyed both ships!

I haven't sailed on the Liberty, but have been on her sister ship, the Valor. I have sailed on the Enchantment 3 times. We took our 3 kids once on the Enchantment, when two were teens. They LOVED the Enchantment and still say it was their favorite cruise ship. Of course, you can tell by my signature, that I absolutely love Carnival. For a 3 day cruise, I don't think you can go wrong with either ship.

We have been on both, most recently Liberty last month. We much prefer Liberty. As loyal RCI cruisers for years we were skeptical of Carnival but have been very pleasantly surprised with all of our Carnival cruises. Liberty is a very large ship for short cruises and is well laid out. It might just be my favorite ship to date. Enchantment is also really nice and you would not be disappointed there either.

I'm going to stray from the crowd on this and pick Enchantment.

Been on both and Enchantment is much nicer. The Solarium kicks the Serenity's butt in terms of quiet time and just a better vibe.

I will say that the food and waitstaff on Carnival is better in the MDR, but the layout of the buffet is awful, just 2 big longs lines meeting up with each other in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, We had a great time, and I am thinking about booking Liberty again next spring.

Also, on a 3 day cruise, it depends on what you are looking for. We live in the middle of almost every Florida port and do A LOT of 3 and 4 day'ers.

Carnival will have more to do for the kids, but keep in mind 3 day Carnival cruises have a well deserved reputation as a party ship. (and yes, I have been witness to a few knock downs)

Easy enough to avoid that though.

If the Imagination will still down here it would be a no brainer. Love that ship.

Either will you will have a great time.

I am planning on taking a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas with my girlfriends and our teenage daughters. We are looking at the Royal Carribean Enchantment or the Carnival Liberty. We have heard the Enchantment is nicer, but the Carnival Liberty has more to do for the teenagers. Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you!

We've been on both ships, and like both of them. It may not matter too much, but the Enchantment is a few years older than the Liberty. The layout of the two ships, as well as the on board amenities, are completely different. Comparing the two would be like comparing apples to oranges. I have to agree with EBFURR that you would not be disappointed with either ship. With that in mind, we've been on the Liberty twice, and it's still my favorite ship. If your budget only allows for a three day cruise, I guess that's better than not going at all. But for us, anything less than a five day cruise is just a teaser.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I'm planning to go in a cruise with my boyfriend and a couple of friends... this is our first time so I have no idea which to choose... these 2 are the ones that have caught my attention:

1) Enchantment of the seas:

Miami-Florida

Cocacay

Nassau, Bahamas

Miami

2) Carnival Liberty

Port Canaveral, Fl

Nassau Bahamas

At Sea

Port Canaveral

Thank you for your help!

I'm no cruising expert, but they are both similar enough that perhaps you want to let the travel to Port be a deciding factor? Where do you live? I live 35 min from Port Canaveral, so that one is waaay more preferable to me. If you are flying in, probably a wash either way, depending on airlines that serve your home town airport.

More experienced cruisers here will undoubtedly be able to offer advice as to whether Canaveral or Miami are better ports for dis/embarkation. I like Canaveral, but never cruised out of anywhere else as an adult.

I have done both Liberty and Enchantment. We just did Liberty during Christmas, but we did Enchantment years ago, when the kids were much younger. I think I would pick Liberty, more to do for the teenagers. While I love Coco Cay, having a Sea Day is so relaxing. I also feel that going out of Port Canaveral is less stress than Miami.

For a 3 day cruise, you can't go wrong with either one!

I've been leaning towards Royal Caribbean over the the years, but Liberty once topped as best cruise ever, so i have a soft spot for the Liberty. Also, what are you looking for in a cruise. If you're looking for more relaxation, I would head towards Enchantment. Royal Caribbean is a more relaxing line than Carnival. However, if you're looking for a more energetic cruise, I think Carnival Liberty would be more your style. Carnival doesn't have the same elegance as Royal Caribbean does, but Carnival makes up with that with their livelier activities staff.

I've done the Enchantment and have sailed on the Liberty's sister ship the Valor as well. I liked the Enchantment of the Seas myself more than the Valor, better entertainment options, better MDR food, and the itinerary was short enough that my pre-teen (now teen) son wasn't in the least bit bored. Coco Cay is also a great private island, would prefer it over a sea day anytime.

I asked my son his preference and he was really torn. He did end up saying Valor after a bit. It's close for him and he liked both ships. I like Port Canaveral as an embarkation port and am actually staying there for two days prior to my Glory cruise out of Miami later this year. Parking deals are better at Canaveral as well and it's easy to tack on Kennedy Space Center or the Orlando theme parks from there. You can also tell that we liked the Valor just fine because we have her OTHER sister ship booked here in a couple of months.

Your choice is your own, but I'm just going to echo that either ship is a good call. You should not be disappointed.

We just returned from 12 dayer on Enchantment’s sister Grandeur.... and we loved it. Beautiful, cozy ship , with great Solarium.

I loved something I didn’t expect to like and was even worried about. Size. You basically close to everything.. going from the pool you hear and see what’s going on in Centrum.

Another amazing thing was how uncrowded sold out ship felt. We had mtd (my time dining) and except for the first day walked in restaurant with no lines at all.

Have fun on a ship you choose!

I’d also compare itineraries, I’d pick one with 2 ports.