Florida Wine stores

KevintheIrishDJ

Where is there a good place in Florida to buy wine to bring onboard.

There is a good sized store right near the port in Ft Lauderdale. I think it may be Total Wine. Additionally, Florida allows wine to be sold in super markets and other retail shops.

Total Wine and More is real close to Embassy Suites and have stopped there several times. Great selection including cigars.

Publix and Winn Dixie (where we went this last time) both have a decent selection and their prices are quite a bit less than Total Wine if you like the lower end stuff. We opted for the Barefoot Brut Champagne on sale for $8/bottle. They also had Cooks for $5/bottle. Don't judge... it all works for Mimosas. :)

It would be helpful to know which port you'll be cruising from, Canaveral, Miami, Lauderdale, Tampa?

Second, are you flying in or driving in?

The Search This Forum Button will give you many threads if you input "Wine".

Edited by RocketMan275

telling us which port takes all the fun out of the game!

I always recommend the place down a couple of blocks and on the left ... next to that other store ....

they have wine and beer AND gas!

In general the big chain booze place for most of Florida is ABC (a commercial chain NOT a 'state store' as in some states) .... 'most' ABC places have an above average wine selection for an average liq' store.

As mentioned grocery type stores in Fl can sell wine and beer and Publix has a better than average selection altho it varies from store to store (not all are the same size)

Total Wine has a significant presence in FL .....

note that FL leaves certain liq' laws up to local jurisdiction. Where I live (near Port Canaveral) the time a place can begin to sell on a Sunday can vary from one side of the street to the other: one side being in an incorporated area and the other not. One gets the 'town' rule and the other the county rule .... sometimes they are different.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Total Wines (totalwine.com) is only a few blocks from the cruise terminal. You can order your wine on their website and then stop by the store and pick up your wine packed and ready to go. They have literally thousands of bottles of wine available.

note that FL leaves certain liq' laws up to local jurisdiction. Where I live (near Port Canaveral) the time a place can begin to sell on a Sunday can vary from one side of the street to the other: one side being in an incorporated area and the other not. One gets the 'town' rule and the other the county rule .... sometimes they are different.

Aren't the "blue laws" fun. :D:D

Recently, Fort Lauderdale changed its Sunday antiquated liquor sale laws. You can now purchase alcohol in the city on Sunday starting at 7 AM. Unbelievable that it took them so long. Good news for anyone waiting till their Sunday sail day to pick up some bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What about in Miami, can you also purchase alcohol prior to noon on a Sunday, our check in time on the ship is 11 am Sunday, February 5th and no time on Saturday to visit wine stores as once we check into hotel, we are going directly to South Beach until late evening.

Recently, Fort Lauderdale changed its Sunday antiquated liquor sale laws. You can now purchase alcohol in the city on Sunday starting at 7 AM. Unbelievable that it took them so long. Good news for anyone waiting till their Sunday sail day to pick up some bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums