No More Twinings English Breakfast Tea

Griller

We're on Pacific Princess right now , on a 29 day cruise and were unhappy to find out that there are no more Twinings teabags on the ship.

Its probably totally unimportant to other cruisers but British, Irish, Australian etc passengers have relied on these for a strong satisfying cuppa.

The Food and Bevereage Manager says there will never be any more Twinings, the ship has been sent some offbrand replacement with a strange taste. Totally unlike the excellent Twinings, but no doubt a fraction cheaper.

So bring your own teabags if you want a decent cup of tea on Princess.

Maybe passengers on other ships in the fleet can post whether Twinings have disappeared from the other ships?

There are also now very few Bigelows tea bags on Pacific P. That's a decent US make more or less as good as Twinings. F and B guy said they also won't be available when existing stocks run out.

Griller, thank you very much for this update. Ugh. I guess it's not a big deal to pack some of my own tea, but I'm glad I know that in advance... Does anyone have an update on the tea situation on the Royal?

I'm debating whether to get the Coffee card, but I don't like the thought of having to trek to the IC just to get a decent tea or coffee.

I am a tea lover (originally from England) and was wondering what brand of tea was offered in the IC, to see if it would work for me. We will be on Ruby next week.

My husband like cappuccinos and lattes so he was going to get a coffee card.

Would it be totally inappropriate if he ordered me tea from his card or should I get my own (I do not drink coffee so would not use it for the coffee drinks - only for tea bags and my husband would not drink 30 coffees in a week).

I already bring my own coffee and DH who loves his tea has accepted the Liptons replacement for Twinings but when they say they've only got the new brand in a white coloured sleeve, can't think of it's name, he reaches for his coffee card. Too many things have been dumbed down - tea bags, pizza, what really were the best burgers at sea, half the MDR menu including the old favourites. Anyone would think they want us all to jump ship to a different cruise line.

When NCL when to some dirt cheap tea, I started carrying my own around. I still pack it for all cruises. I've recently read some complaints about Carnival cutting tea choices as well. Tea is cheap. I don't get it, but will continue packing my own and carrying it around on the ship.

I have to laugh at a comment in the dining room on NCL one time by the staff after they acknowledged that folks weren't happy with the tea change. "No, we've had no complaints, only comments." NCL eventually conceded and went back to the old brand. Don't know if that holds true still, as it has been a while since we cruised them....

I am a tea lover (originally from England) and was wondering what brand of tea was offered in the IC, to see if it would work for me. We will be on Ruby next week.

Would it be totally inappropriate if he ordered me tea from his card or should I get my own (I do not drink coffee so would not use it for the coffee drinks - only for tea bags and my husband would not drink 30 coffees in a week).

Mighty Leaf is typically the tea available at the IC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the Grand November 13-28, they had Twinings everywhere, as well as Mighty Leaf in the International Cafe; they also had Splenda in all venues that were applicable for sugar and sugar subs....:D

For any who may be concerned: there was also plenty of butter (without asking), pillows were comfortable, beds were lovely, towels were quite nice and service was impressive as well!

Oh, AND we got extra mains at the table (if people asked for a sample) with no up-charge or questions; at times the server brought a main for the table to "try" if she thought we'd like it.

Why don't you buy the card and that gives you unlimited fresh brewed teas. You could then use the punches to get your husband the cappuccinos and lattes :) Princess don't care who uses the punches. ;)

Billy Tea!!!!

Not sure whether you're having a joke or not but in Australia a brand called Billy Tea has been around for over 100 years. It has a smokey taste as if it's been brewed over a camp fire. It's not as popular as it used to be but it's the tea of choice for our household.

Why don't you buy the card and that gives you unlimited fresh brewed teas. You could then use the punches to get your husband the cappuccinos and lattes :) Princess don't care who uses the punches. ;)

This is what we plan to do. I don't drink coffee but my wife does. I'll buy the card for the unlimited tea and she can use the punches for her coffee.

We were on a Princess cruise last year and we noticed a certain group of people taking large amount of tea bags, so if you went to get a tea later they were always gone as soon as they were restocked they were gone. I guess they were planning on taking them home. So wrong for them to do that.

We're on Pacific Princess right now , on a 29 day cruise and were unhappy to find out that there are no more Twinings teabags on the ship.

Its probably totally unimportant to other cruisers but British, Irish, Australian etc passengers have relied on these for a strong satisfying cuppa.

The Food and Bevereage Manager says there will never be any more Twinings, the ship has been sent some offbrand replacement with a strange taste. Totally unlike the excellent Twinings, but no doubt a fraction cheaper.

So bring your own teabags if you want a decent cup of tea on Princess.

Maybe passengers on other ships in the fleet can post whether Twinings have disappeared from the other ships?

There are also now very few Bigelows tea bags on Pacific P. That's a decent US make more or less as good as Twinings. F and B guy said they also won't be available when existing stocks run out.

So what brand of tea bags does Princess use now?

On future cruises. will you bring your own tea of choice? Either loose tea with a strainer, or go teabag.?

FWIW, that’s what we do, always bring loose leaf Formosa Oolong, Jasmine, Darjeeling, and Earl Gray. And two strainers, two stainless steel insulated drinking bottles..

Enjoy your next cruise. If you love tea, you must bring your own loose tea.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We are on the Crown. Brand of English breakfast tea is Ridgeway. They have Bigelow green tea and a few other Bigelow selections. No Twinings.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

OK, macht nichts. They have simply changed their supplier from Twinings to Ridgeways. Both produce a good cup of breakfast tea.

We were on a Princess cruise last year and we noticed a certain group of people taking large amount of tea bags, so if you went to get a tea later they were always gone as soon as they were restocked they were gone. I guess they were planning on taking them home. So wrong for them to do that.

Not really for taking them home but if you go up to the Horizon during off hours sometime there wouldn't be any around. It's always best to keep a supply in the cabin

It appears that Ridgways is similar quality as Twinings and if so, it appears that this thread has been “Tempest in a Teapot” [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have no problem with the new brand of English Breakfast tea. It was fine for me. The Bigelow selection was plentiful. We had a great cruise all in all. Getting off the ship soon. It is ready for Christmas -- beautifully decorated.

Like all companies it is obvious that the contract for supply of Twinings tea bags was up for renewal and they lost out to Ridgeways which is still a top quality company producing tea but like everything might have a differing taste to Twinings that might not suit everyone but doesnt make it an inferior tea .

The Diamond Princess had Twinings English Breakfast in the dining rooms and Horizon Court. We disembarked on Tuesday. Twinings green tea and Lipton regular and decaf available too (plus a bunch of other “tea bags” containing strange herbs that aren’t really tea).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...