Genius or Ridiculous?!?!?

So, according to the rules, not allowed to bring beer on board, but a bottle or two of champagne is allowed.

What if I brought a 12 pack of Miller High Life?!?!

When the guy says you can't bring that....I show him on the box, "Champagne of Beers."

You think it'll work?!?!?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-84b5027592bb2275f7123f9de13d64c0-c

So, according to the rules, not allowed to bring beer on board, but a bottle or two of champagne is allowed.

When the guy says you can't bring that....I show him on the box, "Champagne of Beers."

Yes, definitely. Bring it to your next cruise and enjoy.

You absolutely should try.

I didn't think beer was permitted at all, regardless of how it's packaged.

It is not. If anyone's posts are serious, they have a serious reading comprehension problem. But I think (hope) it is all joking.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.

you'll probably have better luck convincing them it's colored water ;p

If you could get beer in a 750 ml bottle the chances of it being found and denied are virtually zero.

They do sell 750ml bottles of speciality/table beers that are often even labeled as if wine. Any experience with these? Here is a sour I personally enjoy that is pretty indistinguishable from a bottle of wine. I highly doubt they would take the time to open a bag, inspect the label and description so they can deny it

duchesse-de-bourgogne-ale-beer-belgium-10518918.jpg

Edited by theSHAH

They do sell 750ml bottles of speciality/table beers that are often even labeled as if wine. Any experience with these? Here is a sour I personally enjoy that is pretty indistinguishable from a bottle of wine. I highly doubt they would take the time to open a bag, inspect the label and description so they can deny it

duchesse-de-bourgogne-ale-beer-belgium-10518918.jpg

We tried taking a nice Belgium beer on with similar packaging and they caught it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried taking a nice Belgium beer on with similar packaging and they caught it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Vision of the Seas our friend, who is a brewer, brought on a similar bottle of Belgian and it wasn't detected. Whoohooo!

I was definitely joking about the growler, I get that you can't bring on beer.

But I do think it's silly. Most beers are less ABV than wine. So if someone wanted to bring on a 750 ml bottle of nice beer, what difference would it make?

I was definitely joking about the growler, I get that you can't bring on beer.

But I do think it's silly. Most beers are less ABV than wine. So if someone wanted to bring on a 750 ml bottle of nice beer, what difference would it make?

It is silly. Even family-friendly Disney lets you bring 2 bottles of wine OR a 6 pack of beer. Yeah it's only a 6 pack...but it's something. :p

It is silly. Even family-friendly Disney lets you bring 2 bottles of wine OR a 6 pack of beer. Yeah it's only a 6 pack...but it's something. :p
That's a reasonable policy. That way I could have one good beer a day, and the mega brewery swill the rest of the time.

Sorry, my beer snobbery is showing. :D

Just curious, but why don’t they let you bring beer? I understand spirits not being allowed but why not beer?

The company has not publicly shared the logic behind their decision.