Tendering when you are elite

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:58 PM.
southern california
375 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by floridalover5623
If the crew member said it was OK, then it's OK.
Thank you! I was merely relating experiences that happened to me and did not mean to come off as a policy wonk or even as complaining.
Toronto
1,557 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Staff at times will tell people to do things that are not correct. Not surprised it did happen but if staff start telling Elite to go to the front of the line, what happens after 50 or so elite are all trying to squeeze into the small space at the front. At the opposite on a Caribbean cruise we were told Elite had to and get a tender ticket.

As far as returning to the ship the vast majority of elite know they don't get priority but I've seen people rushing to the front waving their black card and staff do nothing while I've also seen staff help physically challenged move up to the front or move them to somewhere they can sit and then make sure they get on the tender when it arrives.
SAn Bruno California
1,513 Posts
Joined May 2000
If both you and your wife are elite, one goes with one friend and the spoiuse with the other. Showing one card each will usually work.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oskidunker
Elite Cruiser
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,996 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Waynetor
Staff at times will tell people to do things that are not correct. Not surprised it did happen but if staff start telling Elite to go to the front of the line, what happens after 50 or so elite are all trying to squeeze into the small space at the front.
I guess they would have to take the next tender.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
Texas
1,612 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by smm0218
Thanks. Have added that to my notes for Guernsey. We are early risers so we might as well take advantage of that. Hopefully that will hold true for Edinburgh.
Something else to add to your notes for Guernsey-------the line to board a tender for the return to the ship will be very long. This last July our tour returned us to the pier area around noon. We were in line to board a tender for well over an hour. Princess employees had to bring bottles of water to those standing in line in the sun. There was another cruise ship visiting port that day. Two years ago we also had a long wait in line there and our ship was the only one in port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USS Greenling SSN614
Atlantic Ocean/Barents Sea
England
84 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by vacation cruiser
When you are elite and need to tender can we take one other couple along with us for priority tendering?
Just back from sailing with our daughter and husband and they were Elite we were 3 days short. We were told that so long as the party was travelling together each Elite passenger could take along one other person on leaving the ship but returning we had to wait in line with everyone else.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,996 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Warrior Princess
Just back from sailing with our daughter and husband and they were Elite we were 3 days short. We were told that so long as the party was travelling together each Elite passenger could take along one other person on leaving the ship but returning we had to wait in line with everyone else.
That is usually not the case unless they've changed their policy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
South Carolina
28,856 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Elites are to join in at the end of the tender line taking the tender over to the port of call.
Returning to the ship there is no special Elite line either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)