Carnival mini fridge in room..

Produce123

hi there, can I ask my room attendant or my carnival rep in advance to empty the fridge of all items or is the fridge already empty? I would like to put in cans of my own pop that I bringing with me. Thanks.

They are now all empty.

It always amazes me that people say stuff like that. I didn't like some things about my Princess cruise, but I don't lurk on the Princess boards & say snarky things.

Oh well, I'm glad the coolers are empty now. I hated having to squirrel away the stuff that was in them so I could put my own things in there.

Never understood why they even have it.
I was working in a large office building many years ago, and they wanted to do some kind of improvement - I don't remember if it was with the awning over the entry or the stairs or whatever. I do remember it was held up for a while because the architect would not approve of the changes. This was twenty five years after the building was built, and still every aesthetic change had to be approved by the architect, as they were apparently changes to the "artist's vision" or some such. I wonder if the cruise line agreed to to get approval from the interior designer were they to wish to make any durable change to the look of the room short of redoing it entirely.

Agree, the fridge doesn't get very cold in the cabinet due to improper venting. We don't leave the door open at all times though (I would be running into it all the time :p). Instead, first thing hubby does is reach in and pulls the entire fridge forward just enough so that when you "close" the door it still stays cracked open a couple inches. This seems to do the trick, without having to have the door open all the way sticking way out into the room.

Agree, the fridge doesn't get very cold in the cabinet due to improper venting. We don't leave the door open at all times though (I would be running into it all the time :p). Instead, first thing hubby does is reach in and pulls the entire fridge forward just enough so that when you "close" the door it still stays cracked open a couple inches. This seems to do the trick, without having to have the door open all the way sticking way out into the room.

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing

I am glad to see this idea. I usually prop a sock in the door to keep it ajar so it cools better but this is better.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why they don't get cold is most are not refrigerators, but coolers or chillers. Cracking the outer cabinet door open does help. Please do not store insulin or any medication or foods that needs to be refrigerated at a certain temperature. Call special needs and they will direct you with your needs.

Glad to hear that true refrigerators have been placed on the Vista. This never made any sense to me as the cost is pretty much the same.