Emerald Princess

noeldog

We boarded Emerald Princess on October 8 of this last year on a 28 day cruise. We absolutely loved the cruise and the ship. There is not a single reason I can think of that would make me not jump at the chance to sail Emerald Princess again.

We were on the Emerald in January. Great itinerary, ship was fine; nothing special, just normal Princess. We did think some things have gone downhill generally, with Princess, not just the Emerald.

Shows need updating badly, menus changed up more, tv's need to go to in demand as it was almost impossible to find what's on and very annoying scheduling of some events, all most as if they wanted people to have conflicts.

The ship seemed clean and well kept. It was a cool itinerary, so space on deck was not a problem, except during 'scenic sailing'. The service was very good everywhere. The buffet area is a pain, but nothing new there, and the photo shop had some strange pricing.

It was a LOT easier when they provided a "TV guide" that had more than one page.:(:o

Someone's idea of cost saving.

They thought passengers would not mind watching the schedule roll by for ten minutes while deciding what to watch. Also, that there was no need for passengers to know what might be on later or another day, just what's on now.

Returned early Feb from South America cruise.

Emerald was great.

Obviously not brand spanking new, but excellent for a ship her age.

Clean, well kept and comfortable.

Steward was best we have ever had.

Food was fine , considering how many they are cooking for. Didn't need to send anything back except one steak which was fatty and not cooked as requested.

Tender ports were a pain due to large numbers of elites/ shore excursions. ...Nit picking !!

Would cruise on Emerald again, in a heartbeat.

I'm on the Emerald for 30 days, Buenos Aires to LA, next week, can't wait! :) I read some bad reviews, also read some very positive ones. I was on the Emerald in 2013 and 2014 for 25 days, love the ship. I know she is probably due for some R & R but good grief, how would your house hold up with thousands walking through every day? :D

I don't worry about food, it isn't important to me at this stage of my cruising life, I'm 70, been cruising since '82 and I can't cook for thousands of people, barely cook for myself. I've been following someone posting menu items from her cruise, choices look similar to what I had last year on the Royal.

I like the low key, not flashy decor of Princess ships, I don't need glitz and glamour. As long as the crew is working to keep the ship clean, I'll be happy.

Is Emerald Princess as bad as all the recent reviews?

She’s a wonderful ship.

Some people are never satisfied and unfortunately take their sour puss attitude with them every where they go including vacation. I’ve seen so many unhappy people on vacation over the years who seem to be unable to truly enjoy anything or be satisfied. It actually makes me a little sad sometimes.

I disembarked the Emerald last week. I have no complaints, but I'm not interested in the shows or dining experience on board. I was there for the itinerary and ate in port when I had the chance. And, my corner aft balcony was simply amazing.

OP, do you have any specific concerns or questions?

She’s a wonderful ship.

Some people are never satisfied and unfortunately take their sour puss attitude with them every where they go including vacation. I’ve seen so many unhappy people on vacation over the years who seem to be unable to truly enjoy anything or be satisfied. It actually makes me a little sad sometimes.

This is so true.

I disembarked the Emerald last week. I have no complaints' date=' but I'm not interested in the shows or dining experience on board. I was there for the itinerary and ate in port when I had the chance. And, my corner aft balcony was simply amazing.

OP, do you have any specific concerns or questions?[/quote']

I just booked a cc mini for Mar. 2019 and went to look at reviews and saw many negative ones so I wanted to be comfortable with my decision.

I personally love Emerald Princess.

Last time I cruised on her last spring 34 days Sydney to Vancouver I think the Aussie Flu followed us on board because I and many more came down with it ,myself twice.This was just an unfortunate act of nature.It makes one a little grumpy at the time:o:loudcry::loudcry:;p.

Otherwise She is a beautiful ship and I would travel on her in a heartbeat.

By the way while others around me have succumbed to the flu on land I've had that previously so one good thing came out of my experience:D:D .