How do you carry your sign and sail card?

kheilmann

I generally wear clothing with no pockets while on cruises (dresses and skirts). And I dislike lanyards. So I carry a very small purse, usually a wristlet type, for my S&S card, tissues, cash for tips, Germ-X wipes, FunTimes tear-off (when this existed:rolleyes:), etc. Everybody is different, but this is the best option for me.:)

Do the FunTimes no longer have the tear off portion?

I carry mine between my thumb and fore finger only, with my pinky finger pointed upward (I am PLATINUM).:cool:

Can't wait till I am Diamond and I can have my own personal room steward carry it for me.

This is funny!! Thanks for the laugh :')

In my pocket or beach bag. Lanyards are tacky especially on elegant night. Never see people at beach resorts inclusive or not with lanyards. I don't get the purpose when they're not used in other resorts or hotels while on vacation.

In Vegas you will see people having ways to connect the loyalty card to their person. Similiar reasons why for a S&S card.

The bonus is not losing it when I sit down or misplace it somewhere. Based on my cruises if the biggest fashion faux pas I have is a lanyard I think I am ahead of the game. Plus, I can hold two drinks at once with a lanyard.

I use a magnet system designed for name tags. I stick a small metal bar on the card with double sided tape, and a plastic bar the same size with three powerful magnets holds the card through clothing. Goes on a shirt, a bathing suit, a hat, or a scarf.

Folks with pacemakers are cautioned not to get magnets near their body, but for the rest of us:

https://www.amazon.com/Applied-Magnets-Name-Badge-Neodymium/dp/B001O20V8E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1534792647&sr=8-6&keywords=name+tag+magnets

I always use my Disney Silver Castaway Club lanyard, regardless of the lines. I have not found a more comfortable material or lanyard length. On older ships where you have to insert your card to get into your room, it's a bit of a pain, but on newer ships where you can just wave the card / place it on the reader, it works perfectly.

I generally do not walk around with a wallet or a phone on the ship, even resisting the nice apps that all the lines seem to have now. I go on a cruise for the destinations, and the disconnection. I don't need an internet plan, anything that I get via email can wait until I'm back stateside.

Agree....I carry hers as well when she has no pockets....I want to keep a bit of dignity and that lanyard just screams "Clueless Tourist"....exception is kids, they are allowed to get away with the lanyard look

I guess I am a clueless traveler. There are a lot of us out there. Pay attention the next time you are on a cruise. I guarantee you will notice the majority of passengers are wearing lanyards.

I will have mine on a lanyard and sometimes wear it around my neck and sometimes have it in my pocket, whatever is convenient without concerning myself with how others think it might look. I am sure the anti-lanyard crowd does plenty of things that others would find odd and goofy, concerning themselves with how a lanyard looks on others being at the top of the list.

I pack lanyards for all travellers in our group and distribute them while we are awaiting our Zone call - we wear them on the ship, often tuck them under our shirt (works fine for me!) and store them safely at night over the ugly, conical bedside table lamps when in the cabin.

I like lanyards. I would NOT like an RFID chip embedded in my body, however.

In my pocket or beach bag. Lanyards are tacky especially on elegant night. Never see people at beach resorts inclusive or not with lanyards. I don't get the purpose when they're not used in other resorts or hotels while on vacation.

I don’t especially care whether you - or anyone else - think lanyards are tacky on elegant night or at other times. I use one because it’s convenient for ME.

I don’t go to resorts, so I have no clue what people at them do. If I was to go to one, I would do whatever worked for me and not worry about what someone else might think.

I generally only stay in hotels briefly while going from place to place, so I not only have a purse but luggage as well. I do find digging the room key out of a purse a pain, but I’m usually not there long enough for it to matter.

I thought the question was “how do YOU carry your sign and sail card?” Not “What Disparaging Thing Can You Say About What Others Do?”

I don’t get the whole worrying about what others might do or think about what I’m doing.

I'm not a lanyard person, but it doesn't bother me that others wear them. I found a thin wallet with a money clip that I intended to use just for cruises but ended up becoming my ever day wallet. When not cruising it has just enough slots to hold my drivers license, insurance card, AAA card, debit card, and a credit card or two. When cruising all that comes out and goes into my larger travel wallet which is kept in the safe for the duration, leaving just my DL and S&S card in the wallet. It's also small enough to fit comfortably into a front pocket instead of a back pocket, reducing the chance of losing it.

You have never been to Walt Disney World or Universal Studios. Nor a race track

I normally keep mind in my shirt pocket. However, for people who don't want to have pockets or want to keep it with them while swimming then lanyards make sense.

Form follows function.

For beach resorts, many allow you to just give your room number and name when you buy drinks etc. For Inclusives resorts there is no need for a card (except for room access) since drinks are included.

On a cruise you pretty much need your card regurlary, so having handy without have to carry around a purse make sense. The same for the theme parks and automobile races.

I don’t especially care whether you - or anyone else - think lanyards are tacky on elegant night or at other times. I use one because it’s convenient for ME.

I don’t go to resorts, so I have no clue what people at them do. If I was to go to one, I would do whatever worked for me and not worry about what someone else might think.

I generally only stay in hotels briefly while going from place to place, so I not only have a purse but luggage as well. I do find digging the room key out of a purse a pain, but I’m usually not there long enough for it to matter.

I thought the question was “how do YOU carry your sign and sail card?” Not “What Disparaging Thing Can You Say About What Others Do?”

I don’t get the whole worrying about what others might do or think about what I’m doing.

Same here! I don’t care if someone thinks they are tacky, I use one, as it is convenient for me, also.