Concierge level on Joy

I am looking at the Joy for Alaska next year. I was wondering how the concierge suites vary from the Haven with regard to private dining. Does anyone know? Also, are there other perks other than the concierge? I am a little confused by this class of service and the NCL website doesn't really provide much information.

I don't think anyone knows at the moment. Basically they are creating a new class of suite's that haven't been built yet. I think it may be like the Penthouse suites on the Jewel class ships, but that's just a guess.

I think it is still TBD. They are removing the Concierge lounge. Since there are a ton of Concierge rooms, I doubt that it is the Havens restaurant. And there is no other obvious space,,, so the private dining will probably go away. We have reservations on the Joy and still get the message about a built-for-China home page.

Dear Guest:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Joy, which is the first-ever contemporary cruise ship custom-built for China. Designed for Chinese guests, Norwegian Joy will provide a Mandarin-speaking crew, authentic Chinese cuisine and culturally-inspired onboard experiences offering guests a fully immersive Chinese cruise vacation.

As the numbers of non-China resident guests are minimal we will not require guests to complete their Online Check-In prior to sailing. Also, all Shore Excursions and onboard activities will be done once onboard the vessel through the interactive TV’s, Interactive signage or in the restaurant or event location.

Bon Voyage!

Norwegian Cruise Line

We have reservations on the Joy and still get the message about a built-for-China home page.

Ahh thanks for posting that - we have a reservation on Joy too and it suddenly switched to the China home page after 3 days - glad it's not just us!

Norwegian provides the following description of the Concierge accommodations:

Experience concierge accommodations on board Norwegian Joy. Beautifully appointed suites are just the beginning. Finished with the finest touches, our new concierge category features spacious, luxury accommodations, concierge service, and private dining. Plus, enjoy priority embarkation and disembarkation for your cruise.

Based on this, I would expect benefits similar to a non-Haven suite on pre-Epic ships. You won't get Haven access. Private dining would be in a specialty restaurant for breakfast & lunch only. It also sounds like no butler. The only question is whether there will be a concierge desk located outside the Haven lounge to handle these guests, or if it will just be done over the phone.

• 3 months later...

Any updates on what the concierge class offers? Talked to a CruiseNext guy on the Breakaway today and from his understanding you get all the perks of the Haven, but you are just not within the Haven complex... but I have stayed in a Forward Facing Penthouse that was also not within the Haven complex... He said he’s not 100% sure since it’s all new to him and since the Joy will be refurbished, they don’t know much.

39 minutes ago, KMVigs said:

Any updates on what the concierge class offers? Talked to a CruiseNext guy on the Breakaway today and from his understanding you get all the perks of the Haven, but you are just not within the Haven complex... but I have stayed in a Forward Facing Penthouse that was also not within the Haven complex... He said he’s not 100% sure since it’s all new to him and since the Joy will be refurbished, they don’t know much.

People are piecing info but it's believed that Concierge Class won't have Haven access.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

I think it is still TBD. They are removing the Concierge lounge. Since there are a ton of Concierge rooms, I doubt that it is the Havens restaurant. And there is no other obvious space,,, so the private dining will probably go away. We have reservations on the Joy and still get the message about a built-for-China home page.

Dear Guest:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Joy, which is the first-ever contemporary cruise ship custom-built for China. Designed for Chinese guests, Norwegian Joy will provide a Mandarin-speaking crew, authentic Chinese cuisine and culturally-inspired onboard experiences offering guests a fully immersive Chinese cruise vacation.

As the numbers of non-China resident guests are minimal we will not require guests to complete their Online Check-In prior to sailing. Also, all Shore Excursions and onboard activities will be done once onboard the vessel through the interactive TV’s, Interactive signage or in the restaurant or event location.

Bon Voyage!

Norwegian Cruise Line

So you've gotten that letter recently?  They haven't changed their minds on the Americanization of the Joy have they?

You'd think they wouldn't continue the "China" dialogue, since they've said the Joy is coming to US.  What's your ideas on this?

4 hours ago, sargemrs said:

So you've gotten that letter recently?  They haven't changed their minds on the Americanization of the Joy have they?

You'd think they wouldn't continue the "China" dialogue, since they've said the Joy is coming to US.  What's your ideas on this?

If you looked at the date of the post, I got the letter in July soon after they started selling Joy cruises. Lots has changed since then. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone called NCL lately and asked about the Concierge Level? I am fearful of doing so since last time I questioned something I got 4 different answers from 3 different reps. We too are interested in sailing on NCL to Alaska but only from Seattle and now Joy and Bliss are the only ships berthed there.. If the Concierge Level is similar to the non- haven suites  on the Jewel Class ships that will be find with us!

• 3 weeks later...

The website says it has its own private dining and another source mentioned a lounge. I wonder if someone could tell me more than I can learn from NCL. When I chat with them, they direct me to the Bliss because that is more known it seems. Glad this thread came up in a search.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 12:27 PM, Island Beachdog said:

I am looking at the Joy for Alaska next year. I was wondering how the concierge suites vary from the Haven with regard to private dining. Does anyone know? Also, are there other perks other than the concierge? I am a little confused by this class of service and the NCL website doesn't really provide much information.

Concierge will come with priority reservations for dining but no dedicated dining for the class on it's own. I am excited to experience it April 26!

6 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Concierge will come with priority reservations for dining but no dedicated dining for the class on it's own. I am excited to experience it April 26!

You'll get breakfast and lunch in Cagneys (not steak menu, but a restaurant menu). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward to the reports as well. Just booked Joy for July 2019.  I am disappointed as well about the lack of perks for Concierge level.  I am disappointed by the "International Market" modifications they are making as well. If the ship is going to spend time in Alaska it need Thermal Suites and why not keep one of the tea rooms? Alaska is typically an older clientele and I would much rather enjoy a lovely cup of tea than a beer. And with the Alaska time zone differences - I know last I sailed Alaska we were asleep by 9. (If excursions start at 7:30 am - that means getting up really early which isn't really early when you're from 3-4 time zones east)

I am brushing up on NCL ships but the fraternal twin to Joy, the "Bliss" has the solo cruise cabins - and they have their own lounge area. So if the Joy is going to have Concierge cabins instead - why can't they have a lounge area?? Or give 21 and over access to Haven area? Or at least the Haven observation area be for Concierge and Haven passengers.  (That makes sense!)  The Observation area currently for Concierge level looks so nice in the pictures!  It is deceptive when booking because it seems as if that is still available.

How do we get them to listen??? Maybe the April Concierge cruisers need to be vocal about lack of offers. :)