All Inclusive Photo Package

DRPWDunIL

Does the All Inclusive Photo Package include the embarkation photos? I assume so, but wanted to check since the embarkation package is listed separately. I didn't think that you would have to buy this along with the all-inclusive, but I will never assume, LOL.

• 3 months later...

Back in Feb on the Island Princess they were offering a bunch of Shutterfly "free" item coupons with it, but these items require you to pay shipping and handling charges.

The Platinum studio sessions and photos are the only "photo" oriented items not included.

Does anyone know when the price on this jumped from $99 to $199 purchased ahead and from $199 to $249 purchased on board?

I'm debating doing it again now because with a shorter cruise and the lack of photographers out and about on our last cruise, I'm not sure if we will get our money's worth or not.

Any recent experiences with it?

The $99 deal was only available for a few weeks last February. Haven't seen that price before or since. We used it on a Canal trip and got about 70 prints and a thumb drive. Shutterfly offers included book, deck of cards, luggage tag, shopping bag and cost around $50 shipping total.

We had the $99 price for our cruise last January -- prepurchased in Dec 2016. We came home with a lot of photos, so I understand why they upped the price.

In addition to the Platinum Studio, no private event photos are included either. (Private party, wedding, vow renewal, etc.) We received all other photos (embarkation, port calls, dinner table and posed at photo stations)

You get the hard copy, digital copy, and a flash drive shaped like a cruise ship. As stated, one person from the purchasing stateroom needs to be in the photo.

Do you have to collect the photos that you want everyday, and ask for them to be placed on the flash drive or printed?

Yes- when we were on the Ruby in Feb. we would go check our photos the next day and take them to the desk. They would put them n our envelope so they could put them on the flash drive. We would go back and pick them up later. At the end of the trip we picked up our flash drive. It's a good deal if you buy lots of pics. We got in on the $99 deal.

why doesnt princess do it the more modern way and ask your room number vs making you look through walls of pics to find your own. seems so arcane

that being said, we found no photographers on the ship except as we embarked and as we left for the ports. it was nice to not have to turn them down at every meal. i didnt realize the lack of their presence compared to NCL where you have to fight them off.

We placed our deposit on the Coral Princess in July 2016, for an Alaskan sailing in July 2017. We purchased the $99 photo package in January 2017, after receiving an email from Princess about the offer. My husband & I were traveling with our adult children in one mini-suite--so all photos of any of us four that were taken by the ship's photographers were part of our package. Other than a couple of selfies that we tried to take on our own, the only photos we had of the four of us were the ones taken by the ship's photographers. So for us, the package was well worth it!

We ended up with 45 photos, plus the flash drive. You are also are given the copyright to use any of the photos--so it's then a simple process to use them in Shutterfly books.

We made sure to take advantage of the photo sessions on formal nights. The Alaska cruise had some great backdrops, so we'd circle around the main lobby to find the one we liked best. On formal nights, the photographers came around to our dinner tables to take photos, too. Photographers were also stationed near the disembarkation doors when we were leaving for port excursions. Lumberjacks in Ketchikan, an "eagle" and a "whale" in Juneau, and a "moose" in Skagway. Several photographers were also stationed on the outside decks while we were in Glacier Bay--and they did an excellent job of positioning the guests with the glacier in the background.

With four people in our party, we ended up multiple variations of family shots, so that's why we ended up with so photos. Most of the formal photos were 8" x 10", and the casual shots were mostly 6" x 8". Some photos had a combination of sizes.

I bought the photo package on Caribbean Princess for $99. We ended up with about 80 beautiful pictures. My son and I loved all the back drops and he was best friends with the photographers by the end of the cruise. We definitely found it a great deal. Best family portraits in a long time. I am looking for the package on our next cruise to Alaska on Grand Princess. It is showing me $258 CAD . Am hoping for a sale but we love photos so will probably have to get it. I enjoyed going and getting the new pictures everyday.

Thoughts on waiting to purchase on board hoping for a sale price or pre purchase for $199? Leaving in 10 days!

I have never seen an onboard sale price. It is usually $249 onboard.

You have to use the Princess flash drive which appears to have numerous security files in one folder. The picture files do not appear to be the original resolution but are between 600 to 700KB. We had the package on a TA with 3 formal nights and brought home about 70 photos.

Thoughts on waiting to purchase on board hoping for a sale price or pre purchase for $199? Leaving in 10 days!

If you think you want all the photos, pre-purchase it. It's an additional $50 on board.

I think you need to purchase 2 days before your cruise, but I could be mistaken.

It doesn't take that many photos to add up. Plus, it's fun to stop at each step and take a photo when the photographers are out. We got the package for a cruise earlier this year and we have it on another cruise. We only purchased it for 2 of our booked cruises. I think I should have purchased it at the amazing price for more cruises. I will likely get it for two cruises next year at the online price.

We bought it at $99. I have our embarkation outfit all ready. Yep making my husband and i wear Hawaii shirts getting on board. And then hopefully he’ll indulge me in a lot of formal night pictures.

Can anybody who's paid $99 for the all-inclusive photo package comment on when they found that $99 pricing? I've been checking my Cruise personalizer for an upcoming Cruise early next year, and the all inclusive photo package is still listed as $199. Just trying to figure out if there's a chance it'll come down to $99?

Can anybody who's paid $99 for the all-inclusive photo package comment on when they found that $99 pricing? I've been checking my Cruise personalizer for an upcoming Cruise early next year, and the all inclusive photo package is still listed as $199. Just trying to figure out if there's a chance it'll come down to $99?

I bought our package about a month after we booked. I think it was about 10 months in advance.

I purchased our $99 deal for our upcoming March 2018 cruise. I believe the deal went for approx. 3 weeks, possibly starting the end of Jan. to the first or second week of Feb. I'm watching for it again for our 2019 cruise. It looks like a great deal!

All you can do is to check often to see if the price has gone down. I would also to ask anyone on your roll call to please post something if they see the $99 price. I’ve found the price before this way. It’s great if other people post these things. No way to tell if & when they might lower the price.

Tom😎

All you can do is to check often to see if the price has gone down. I would also to ask anyone on your roll call to please post something if they see the $99 price. I’ve found the price before this way. It’s great if other people post these things. No way to tell if & when they might lower the price.

Tom[emoji41]

Thank you - great suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see this package as an option at all for our Oct 2018 Hawaii cruise on Emerald. We had it last August 2017 on the Emerald in Alaska and it's an AMAZING deal at any price if you love photos. :)

Since it's not on our personalizer is there a chance this package has been discontinued???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the mistake last February of reserving the $99 deal -- but not paying for it. When i went back to actually purchase it, the sale was over and i had to buy at $199. Which i did, and loved it for a long cruise with two formal nights. But i was kicking myself the whole time.

There's NO reason not to purchase now, even at $199. If the sale pops up again, just cancel the $199 purchase and buy in at $99. That's what i have done for my upcoming cruise.